"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #6461
Chef Extraordinaire

Today Steve has gone back to work...I miss him already!

He has 2 weeks off to recover from his operation and I have really enjoyed the time off with him

Today I have ironing to do, a few things to get at the supermarket and then relaxation for the rest of the day...probably have to put the air conditioner on for the first time since last Spring

Old 10-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #6462
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
almost 6 AM....Drinkin' coffee, listenin' to it rain. readin' some of the posts here. Wish I had had time to take more pics at the rendezvous. Shucks, we didn't even dig a firepit. One day and night at a rendezvous just ain't enough time, although I reckon it's better than no rendezvous at all.
Hoot, a few years back when we still lived in the Midwest we spent an interesting and fun day at the Fort de Chartres Rendezvous in Prairie du Rocher, IL. All authentic dress, with fur trappers & campfires, marching Redcoats, exhibits of weaving, hide tanning, rifle shooting contests, food "of the period" which was 1740-1840. Lots of fun. Sorry yours got tangled up in bad weather - maybe it'll be even bigger and better next year.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #6463
Chef Extraordinaire

Relaxing after a full day; Church, Sam's club, Work, Elliptical, Class at church, Supper & finally recliner.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 AM   #6464
Chef Extraordinaire

Today I have done some ironing and then went to the shops

I got some more loose bottomed tart tins...this time I got some loveheart shaped ones, 10cm, they are great! They were on special for $5.00 for a pack of 4, so I got 2 packs
Old 10-29-2012, 04:59 AM   #6465
Chef Extraordinaire

It is five a.m. and I am sitting here listening to the rain. I have my windows open and the heat off. I am waiting for the daylight to come. I hate the dark of night. I am thinking of doing some sewing.

I am impatient for my eye surgery. Each day I am losing some of my sight. First the left eye and then two weeks later the right one. I wish they would do the right one first. That is my good eye. Oh well. I am just happy they are even doing the surgery.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #6466
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Trying to wake up enough to go do laundry. Must do it today, I go back to work tomorrow. This felt like a very short vacation.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #6467
Master Chef

Grandson came to stay over last night and woke up this morning with a terrible cold. I called his mother and we decided to keep him home from school today. He really wanted to go because he wanted perfect attendance this year. But he thought about it and said it was alright because he didn't want the other kids to get sick because of him.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #6468
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Grandson came to stay over last night and woke up this morning with a terrible cold. I called his mother and we decided to keep him home from school today. He really wanted to go because he wanted perfect attendance this year. But he thought about it and said it was alright because he didn't want the other kids to get sick because of him.
What a sweet, considerate child!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #6469
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
What a sweet, considerate child!
Thanks. For everything this little 10 year old has been through he is pretty special.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #6470
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been out in the front garden this morning..doing lots of pruning, cutting back some bushes and plants...a nice tidy up!

Still more to do, but after 1.5 hours out there, it started getting a bit warm...glad I did it early in the morning

I am so chuffed for my mum...I found out last night that the Jersey Boys competition I entered her in...she won

The package mum has won is:

4 x A-reserve tickets to see Jersey Boys perform at the Festival Theatre valued at $125.00 each

High Tea for 4 people with the Jersey Boys valued at $50 per person

2 x rooms for two people at the Intercontinental Adelaide valued at $285.00 each

I am so happy for her