What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on Himself's job interview Thursday: went well. When they were discussing aspects of the office they kept saying "this is where you'll sit" and "you can use this room for ____". Then they finished a rather long (over an hour) interview with "we still have to talk to a few other people, but we'll be getting back to you next week". So what does THAT all mean? :huh:

It means if you are a prayin' sort of person I'd appreciate it if you'd lift one or two for Himself. If you aren't, a good thought to space works for me too (since he WAS an astronomy major in college for three years :LOL: ). I'll be praying and crossing my fingers and stroking my very old lucky rabbit's foot...and still brace myself for "we've decided to go in another direction". You know, just in case. :neutral:

Here's hoping with all I have. If those folks are smart, he will have a job. Here's one for him. :angel: One for the person who makes the hiring decision. :angel: One for you. :angel: One can never have too many angels looking out for ones self. :angel:

Update on Himself's job interview Thursday: went well. When they were discussing aspects of the office they kept saying "this is where you'll sit" and "you can use this room for ____". Then they finished a rather long (over an hour) interview with "we still have to talk to a few other people, but we'll be getting back to you next week". So what does THAT all mean? :huh:

It means if you are a prayin' sort of person I'd appreciate it if you'd lift one or two for Himself. If you aren't, a good thought to space works for me too (since he WAS an astronomy major in college for three years :LOL: ). I'll be praying and crossing my fingers and stroking my very old lucky rabbit's foot...and still brace myself for "we've decided to go in another direction". You know, just in case. :neutral:

HEY goddess, sounds real promising!:) my best thoughts are all lined up and headed for an auspicious space mission on behalf of himself. though it doesn't seem he really needs much help reeling in this j-o-b. btw goddess, is himself aware of just how desperate you are to get him out of the house?

Thanks Addie, taxy, and vit! Even though we might have been as ready as we'd ever be financially for his lay-off, neither of us was ready emotionally. Being together for 24/7 for a week or two on vacation is fun, but this Every Stinkin' Day business came up a bit sooner than we though! :LOL:

vit, I tell him every day! Trust me, the feeling is a little mutual. Like I said in a Thursday post, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder...he needs to go away for a few hours every day! I mean, how can I miss him if he's always here! :ROFLMAO:

Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

F748A4E5CF1E06C634F68E4389D7DC25_292_292.jpg
Holy crap, PF! I hadn't heard about this on the news. What is the status now? Any better?

Thanks Addie, taxy, and vit! Even though we might have been as ready as we'd ever be financially for his lay-off, neither of us was ready emotionally. Being together for 24/7 for a week or two on vacation is fun, but this Every Stinkin' Day business came up a bit sooner than we though! :LOL:

vit, I tell him every day! Trust me, the feeling is a little mutual. Like I said in a Thursday post, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder...he needs to go away for a few hours every day! I mean, how can I miss him if he's always here! :ROFLMAO:

uh-oh. i just had one of those epiphanies, i think--only it's one of the bad kind, right? after himself has gone back to work, goddess is planning for another hiatus from dc. have you been using us all summer to avoid all that togetherness with himself, goddess?

Nope vit, I'll still be here. BUT if I don't take the time to get the stuff together for our garage sale (Yay! I made serious progress today!) I'll have to make myself go cold turkey from DC until I get the sale items together. But as long as I'm good I'll stick around. ;)

I'm going to bed. I put up 7 liters of bread and butter pickles and six of dills. Had to clean the kitchen before I could go to bed. I so hate being on TOU power rates.

Today I got my results back from my MRI

Okay...I have 2 things happening and one suspicious one

I have arthritis in the kneecap, it is under the patella and some of the cartilage has gone already...if it gets worse down the track, I can get some cartilage replaced possibly

I also have something called IBS, Iliotibial Band Syndrome...it is what is causing the pain on the outer side of my knee. At this point there is not much they can do about it, but if it gets worse or continues causing pain the surgeon suggested an arthoscopy to see what is going on inside as scans, mri's etc cant see everything

The suspicious one is on the inner side of my knee, there "may" be a small tear in the ligament..that is probably why it is extremely painful to touch...but he said at this point to leave it....if it starts to cause pain whilst walking etc then that may mean it definitely was a tear and that it is getting bigger, which will need surgery

So at this point, I definitely have arthritis of the kneecap and this IBS...I just have to keep an eye on things...I am not to use the exercise bike and when I walk I need to walk different tracks each time as walking the same block for example puts more pressure on the lateral band. I can take anti inflammatory tablets and use ice as he said the knee is very inflamed on the side

That sounds better than, "this is where you cook the fries. And this is where you cook the McNuggets".

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Good luck to him (and you).

I took my pork bellies out of the (crappy) Ziploc bags 30 minutes ago and they are now resting in the fridge. They are supposed to dry in the refrigerated air overnight, but I think I will still smoke them today. They took a while to brine properly. Probably because I was doing two at one time and had one stacked on top of the other (in its own bag). I think that because the top one was not sitting on a flat surface, that it did not sit in the brine juices as well. I rotated and flipped them, but they just didn't cure as fast as before. So we shall see...

I should be getting my new camera in today, too. I'll have to read up on that and get the new software loaded. I hope it's as intuitive as my other point and shoot. It has a wide angle lens setting, better zoom and a better video.

Fingers crossed CG :)

Back
Top Bottom