"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #6511
Chef Extraordinaire

After work I went to aqua chi class the off to Mass. Just got home I have no appetite for supper, that is very rare, so I settled for a nice sweet clementine. Relaxing with a tall ice water before bedtime.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #6512
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
After work I went to aqua chi class the off to Mass. Just got home I have no appetite for supper, that is very rare, so I settled for a nice sweet clementine. Relaxing with a tall ice water before bedtime.
You go, Girl! Good job, SB!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #6513
Chef Extraordinaire

Today we had 4 new tyres put on the car and had a wheel alignment too

Also mum dropped by and it was nice to see her as she had been away for a couple of weeks

Now about to go and watch a movie
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #6514
Head Chef

This is opening day for a large farm market about 1/2 hour away. I've been waiting since April for it to open back up because that's the only place I can get the German rye bread I discovered shortly before the market closed up for the summer. Buttered, toasted rye. Excellent!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #6515
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got back from shopping. We left at seven a.m. My left leg is hurting from the hip down. And I took two Vicodin. Another arse ache to have a look see.

My son (bless his heart) put all my groceries away. Now comes the baking. I have to make eight minit cranberry pumpkin loaves, two regular size ones. cookies. I also have to prepare the meats for the freezer. Then I have to do laundry. It is going to be a long day. But you know, I am in a good mood and have already turned the oven on for preheat. I very rarely eat breakfast. I think I need to today. I have a nice thick slice of liverwurst. That will be my breakfast. Love that stuff! Well, off to work. See you late tonight.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #6516
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I just got back from shopping. We left at seven a.m. My left leg is hurting from the hip down. And I took two Vicodin. Another arse ache to have a look see.

My son (bless his heart) put all my groceries away. Now comes the baking. I have to make eight minit cranberry pumpkin loaves, two regular size ones. cookies. I also have to prepare the meats for the freezer. Then I have to do laundry. It is going to be a long day. But you know, I am in a good mood and have already turned the oven on for preheat. I very rarely eat breakfast. I think I need to today. I have a nice thick slice of liverwurst. That will be my breakfast. Love that stuff! Well, off to work. See you late tonight.
I don't know how you do it Addie?! Think you need time off or a weekend away with other people pampering you!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #6517
Master Chef

I'm eating some sugar free licorice drops made with black licorice yum!
Good for blood glucose bad for your heart. One out of 2 right, not bad lol!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #6518
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I don't know how you do it Addie?! Think you need time off or a weekend away with other people pampering you!
It is a rough life, but I try to survive it. I really have great kids. My youngest keeps an eye on my health issues. My oldest daughter is taking me to the hairdresser tomorrow to get my hair cut. In spite of her own problems right now with the brain cancer, if I don't call her, she will call me to make sure my oldest son is looking after me. And my middle son, who drives a cab at night, will stop by with a ten dollar bill if he has had a good night and some trips to Logan Airport. Those trips are always a guarantee for a big tip. And if the Boston Symphony is coming in, sometimes he get a trip going to Maine. Considering there are more than 100 members landing, the Airport puts out a call for all cab companies. The out of state fares guantee at least a fifty dollar tip. More often more. The best trip is to Rhode Island. That is a 45 minute trip and gives him time enough to get back to the airport and get back in line for another.

Yes, I have great kids. I wish ever elderly person had kids like mine.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #6519
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is a rough life, but I try to survive it. I really have great kids. My youngest keeps an eye on my health issues. My oldest daughter is taking me to the hairdresser tomorrow to get my hair cut. In spite of her own problems right now with the brain cancer, if I don't call her, she will call me to make sure my oldest son is looking after me. And my middle son, who drives a cab at night, will stop by with a ten dollar bill if he has had a good night and some trips to Logan Airport. Those trips are always a guarantee for a big tip. And if the Boston Symphony is coming in, sometimes he get a trip going to Maine. Considering there are more than 100 members landing, the Airport puts out a call for all cab companies. The out of state fares guantee at least a fifty dollar tip. More often more. The best trip is to Rhode Island. That is a 45 minute trip and gives him time enough to get back to the airport and get back in line for another.

Yes, I have great kids. I wish ever elderly person had kids like mine.
They have to be great kids with a mom like you

Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #6520
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Today we had 4 new tyres put on the car and had a wheel alignment too

Also mum dropped by and it was nice to see her as she had been away for a couple of weeks

Now about to go and watch a movie
Thanks for the reminder. I'm pricing winter tires and I have to go check what size my current tires are.