What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to figure out my new camera's software. It is just different enough from the older model to mess me up. Somehow or another I didn't just import the three test pics into the editing program, I imported every dang picture I had on this computer. And I can't find a way to select all of them to delete them. My older Canon automatically took me to a download screen, then the editing program. Not so with this one.
It's probably too nice out to be messing with this anyway.
I doubt that you have to use the software that came with the camera. I use Picasa - Download, which is free. There's probably other good, free software for doing that stuff.

I love Canon's Browser EX software. It's very easy to do simple editing. This new camera just isn't opening up that editing program with the pics already there like before. And I need to find a way to get those two billion pictures out of there :LOL:

I think I'll go slice some bacon.

I just came back from shopping at two farmer's markets. Scored beefsteak and Roma tomatoes, summer squash, Chinese long beans, shallots, corn on the cob and two baguettes from a local artisan bakery. Mad at myself that I told DH to get bell peppers and red onions when he went to Wally World yesterday :mad: Told him to remind me not to buy veggies from the store late in the week.

Next task is to make tuna salad for lunch, then pesto. A friend and her boyfriend invited us and some other people out for a dinner cruise. He has a 30-foot or so long power boat, so we'll take a ride, then go to dinner somewhere. I'm going to make bruschetta topped with fresh pesto, finely diced tomatoes and grated Parmesan for appetizers on the boat before dinner.

I love Canon's Browser EX software. It's very easy to do simple editing. This new camera just isn't opening up that editing program with the pics already there like before. And I need to find a way to get those two billion pictures out of there :LOL:

I think I'll go slice some bacon.

Did you try giving it a good shake to see if they loosened up enough to fall out?:rolleyes:

Addie, lots of schools now require their students to do so many hours of volunteer work before graduation. Back in the '60s even my high school strongly encouraged it as the right thing to do. I wonder if there are students who want to help elderly, senior citizens older adults* with housekeeping. It seems like you're fine doing your dusting and bathroom scrubbing, but maybe a high school student could hop over that vacuum hose a lot more nimbly than you? FWIW, even though I'm a couple of years younger than you (I'm 62) you can still clean circles around me! Your cleaning prowess puts me to shame...

*What the heck IS the politically correct term for surviving longer than others? I hate trying to figure out the "politically correct" term for some stuff.

Fortunately, I don not have to pay for the housekeeper. My health plan pays for anything I want or need. ANYTHING! And it doesn't cost me a cent.

There are some things I just know I can no longer do. Bend over for more than 15 seconds. I will pass right out. Move fast. I get out of breath really fast. Vacuum. Residual effect of open heart surgery. But I still try. What should be a five minute job can take me a couple of hours. I have to do it in bits and pieces.

Some things I can still do. Climb. As long as I have something to hold on to, I can go up and down a ladder. Clean the bottom sash of my windows. Clean the front of my kitchen cabinets. Completely clean my bathroom. Except for the mirror that goes up to the ceiling. What were they thinking when they put that in? Real tall elderly people? Don't they know we shrink as we get older? So I just clean as far as I can reach. I get The Pirate to clean the top. He is tall enough to be able to reach it easily. (I hate him! I hate all tall people!) I can still pull out the fridge so I can clean behind it and wipe down the outside. And I can still take apart the inside to clean that also. I can pretty much clean my whole apartment, it just takes me days to reach the end of my list. And that is when I get frustrated. Because by the time I reach the end, it is time to start all over again. I have just the kitchen and bathroom floors that have to be washed and waxed. (I use the non-skid wax.) I have a bucket that has a squeegee thing on it for the mop. Those are the easiest things to keep clean.

The hardest thing for me to do is change my bottom sheet. I don't use a top sheet. I never make my bed because I am always sitting on it to watch TV or get a change of sitting for my butt. Or just take a quick nap. I have three places where I sit. The computer, my bed or my chair with the foot stool. I do change out the blanket every couple of weeks though. I have an illegal washing machine. It is a small one that is apartment size and on wheels. I just keep it covered and when an inspection is due, I wheel it into the closet. So I do my own laundry. Just wheel it up to the sink and hook it up. I also have a huge rack for drying. How the heck I have managed to get away with it for six years, I have no idea. Only one resident knows about it.

I have the biggest apartment in the building. If I had a smaller one, it might be easier to keep clean. But I am happy here and that is all that matters. :angel:

BTW, according to the way the laws are written, "crime against an elderly person". So the correct term is "elderly". Although another term they use is 'a person of advanced years." I prefer the first. :angel:

I'm practicing my goof-off technique. Getting close to the professional level where I might teach how-to seminars. Except THAT would require not goofing off. *sigh* The opportunity for fame and fortune lost. :mrgreen:

My little garden has blessed me with a LOT of cukes (not on CWS's scale, but a lot for us!) so I'm making pickles. DH's company makes a spicy pickle mix, just add vinegar and water, so will give that a try. I also have some banana peppers scored from the teacher's lounge, which I'll pickle with some of my homegrown serranos.

image-4085243079.jpg

Last edited:
My little garden has blessed me with a LOT of cukes (not on CWS's scale, but a lot for us!) so I'm making pickles. DH's company makes a spicy pickle mix, just add vinegar and water, so will give that a try. I also have some banana peppers scored from the teacher's lounge, which I'll pickle with some of my homegrown serranos.

There was a mutant zucchini in the breakroom, it was 12 inches in diameter and 2 feet long...I didn't see any CNA's in there so was scared to approach it. I think it might be the cause of the attrition rate in staff.

There was a mutant zucchini in the breakroom, it was 12 inches in diameter and 2 feet long...I didn't see any CNA's in there so was scared to approach it. I think it might be the cause of the attrition rate in staff.

I agree. I've seen a few of those too.

I just got back in from my shooting range. I shot 50 rounds with my 1964 Remington .22. Five shots each group. What gorgeous weather to be doing something outside, but a little breezy. I finally broke down and stuck a wind flag (of sorts) up so I can start paying attention to the real wind and not just how it feels hitting my face or rustling the trees :rolleyes: Just a 10mph wind will blow the bullet 1/2" at 50 yds.
Some misc pics.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 158
attachment.php

:ohmy: If we ever meet you, I'm gonna be REAL nice and respectful to you! Maybe a fresh-baked pie or some homemade scones? Whatever, I never would want to get on your bad side. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom