"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #6541
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
We are waiting for the doors to open for a rally with President Clinton!! Very excited.
What's he running for?!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #6542
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Snip, you crack me up!

I just got home from a ladies' night out at a friend's house watching the first installment of "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency". I had never heard of it before but some of my friends read the books. We had ice cream (well I didn't), popcorn (I did), baklava (I'll never tell!), and other goodies and a great gab session. I haven't seen several of these people in awhile and it was just nice to relax and enjoy myself. I know I will pay tomorrow morning pain wise, but it is TB's day off and we were just planning to watch movies anyway.

Oh, he took me out for dinner at Nando's before dropping me off so I didn't even need to cook today and to the dollar store to buy a bunch of craft stuff!
Oh, dear! I love the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency!!!!! Both the books and the BBC series. It sounds like a night out I could really enjoy!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #6543
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.

What's he running for?!
LOL
Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #6544
Executive Chef

I'm sitting in bed drinking the tea that Hubby brought up to me in bed. He is the greatest man on earth! Just saying.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #6545
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That would give me a fright too Snip

That would be a first for me
You have no idea?! Major freak out, saw it at 3 am for the first time, thought I was seeing things
I always get a fright when I've eaten too many beets too and on my 21st I remember weeing neon blue! One too many blue cocktails
My sister woke me up to tell me that even her snot is blue, oh the memories of the naughty days I'm laughing so much just thinking about that night that I can barely type!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #6546
Executive Chef

i keep running across old posts from people who have been gone from dc for a long while, or who have passed. sometimes it is a nice reminder of the person to read a post of theirs, but not so when i don't know if the person has died or just moved on....selkie, if you see this post, i'm talking about you. how about dropping by with a weather report from nw arkansas or something, just to let us know you are doing just fine without us.... :)
Old 11-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #6547
Master Chef

Man gas stations that are open in NJ are unreal!! Lines are so long and prices have gone up BIG time!!

I just got back from PA. Took me 1 hour to get there from pull up to filled up 10 minutes! $3.61 a gallon for regular. Amazing. So round trip 2 hr 10 minute. I would still be waiting on line to get 10 gallons (odd/even system here) for maybe a dollar more a gallon.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #6548
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Man gas stations that are open in NJ are unreal!! Lines are so long and prices have gone up BIG time!!

I just got back from PA. Took me 1 hour to get there from pull up to filled up 10 minutes! $3.61 a gallon for regular. Amazing. So round trip 2 hr 10 minute. I would still be waiting on line to get 10 gallons (odd/even system here) for maybe a dollar more a gallon.
you go, girl!!! leave it to our very own msm to suss out the best ways and means to a tank full of gasoline in these times of craziness and rationing! here's hoping your land line phone will be up and running soon, and things gradually fall back into normal patterns for you once again. you are not running power off of a generator now, are you msm? we're seeing lotsof stories about people having to share power (and all sorts of other things too) with their neighbors. you certainly keep a very healthy and upbeat attitude during these very trying times, msm. we look forward to continued updates from you. keep a good thought....
Old 11-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #6549
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Maybe I'm an alien
We used to go to The No 1 Ladies Detctive agency coffee shop and opera house in Botswana all the time, never watched the movie though.
Didn't know you have Nando's over there :) I like there new Peri peri spinach, I'll pass on the chicken
Odette, I thought of you as they were showing the countryside of Botswana. Really? A coffee shop and opera house? That's too funny.

You wouldn't like our Nando's here. Chicken is the only protein they serve. The spinach sounds good but we don't have it here. You would be eating salad, fries, veggies or rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Oh, dear! I love the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency!!!!! Both the books and the BBC series. It sounds like a night out I could really enjoy!
I am hooked after just one show! We are going to try and watch the whole series but I would also like to read the books!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #6550
Executive Chef

shut up! there's a SHOW??!!!