What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to look for a new refrigerator today. Very hard to find an 18 cubic ft. with an ice cube maker and a meat drawer. Most of them are those big double door giants. We finally went to Best Buy and found one. They are going to deliver on this Friday. Yeah!!

I had a storm roll in And now I am sitting here In the semi dark. I don't see any reason why the power would have gone out. I suppose I ought to call the electric company And see if they have an estimate

Whew, power' back on. It was a line down. It came on when I was eating dinner, which was last night's leftovers. I warmed things back up on the grill while contemplating getting a generator going. Glad I didn't bother.

Attachments

• power outage leftovers.jpg
    power outage leftovers.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 160
Whew, power' back on. It was a line down. It came on when I was eating dinner, which was last night's leftovers. I warmed things back up on the grill while contemplating getting a generator going. Glad I didn't bother.

We had a power out yesterday, took us longer to get everything turned back on than the power was off.:rolleyes:

Cleaning up the leftovers in the fridge...:)

We had a power out yesterday, took us longer to get everything turned back on than the power was off.:rolleyes:

Cleaning up the leftovers in the fridge...:)

Yeah, I thought I was good to go after getting the clocks back on and then I had to reset the router and modem... :mad:
Technology :wacko:

I love this. Cooking facilities outside! (Glad you didn't starve Pac.) :)

(You have a generator?) Is this a normal thing?

(Did I mention I was nosy?) ;)

I have to go to bed now. (it's desperately late in the UK)

But I would love to know the answers to these questions! :)

(Did I mention I was nosy?) ;)

I have to go to bed now. (it's desperately late in the UK)

But I would love to know the answers to these questions! :)

It's not uncommon to have a generator.

Sure is. Anytime there is a storm coming, the big box stores like Home Depot can't keep generators on the shelves. They are sold out even before the storm arrives. :angel:

I don't know if I'd say it's normal throughout the country, but on the east and gulf coasts, where hurricanes and nor'easters are common, many people have generators.

I don't know if I'd say it's normal throughout the country, but on the east and gulf coasts, where hurricanes and nor'easters are common, many people have generators.

They are normal in the high country, too. When the snow knocks out your power, a generator can keep the necessaries running.

I just got back with me new FS unit. It's all unboxed, the tape taken off of any loose parts and ready to suck. I know as soon as I go down to the freezer to bring up the bacon I'll want to cook some, so I'm waiting a little bit.

I have lived in Eastern MA. for my life to date. I think there were two times the loss of power was a major issue. Some folks around here have generators but most do not.

After Isabel blew through here, most of my friends went out and bought generators. There ain't been very many times they have needed them since, however. There was the guy who runs a hardware store in the next town down the road who was prosecuted for price gouging on generators. I am glad that I didn't get all caught up in the rush for a generator. I don't feel that a generator is a necessity, but I can see where it might come in handy from time to time.

That's the beauty of owning one, Hoot.
Once you have bought one you will never need to use it.
:wacko:

Being that I am on well water and don't have running water if I don't have power, it's a necessity for me.

Kind of an up and at 'em kind of morning. Had breakfast with my sweetheart and I'm about to head outside to have Bella supervise the watering of the plants. Once that's done I'm going to the "big city" to do the weekly marketing. The town's not too large, about 13,000 but when the college students arrive, which was last week, the number increases.

It's a lovely morning and not too hot and humid, which is a rarity for Kentucky in August. I think I'll just enjoy it. We'll be back to hot and humid soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom