"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #6571
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Maybe take them out for a nap??
Well...since I ate dinner, I can do that!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #6572
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Man gas stations that are open in NJ are unreal!! Lines are so long and prices have gone up BIG time!!

I just got back from PA. Took me 1 hour to get there from pull up to filled up 10 minutes! $3.61 a gallon for regular. Amazing. So round trip 2 hr 10 minute. I would still be waiting on line to get 10 gallons (odd/even system here) for maybe a dollar more a gallon.
I am so sorry to hear about all of you out there in the aftermath of hurricane sandy. Following the updates on t.v.. The devastation is beyond words. My thoughts & prayers are with you all during this difficult time. We appreciate your updates.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #6573
Sous Chef

Busy weekend so far. Last night after work I took my kiddo to a movie, had to go to work today to make up for a missed day due to the storm.... At work I did a project in occupational therapy for my 30 some year old patient with limited UE use.. we tie dyed a t- shirt together. I have it in the washer now, it came out great and she was thrilled to get to do it! Came home, got kiddo ready for trick or treat (rescheduled.) He decided his costume didnt feel right so we sprinted off to Walmart for another. I took him out in the pouring rain (snow still piled up in the yard so he got to walk through it.) Oh and he ended up wearing his regular clothes, a viking hat and a sword!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #6574
Chef Extraordinaire

Dh made a nice dinner, baked swai, it was a very nice, mild whitefish. Sitting & relaxing before bedtime.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #6575
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
We are back from Bunnings

We bought 2 big Tuscan pots, larger than the ones we already had, in forest green colour Also 3 bags of potting mix..but we only needed 2, good to have a spare bag though

We also bought Harold Hoot which is an owl ornament and also it scares of pesky birds..it's eyes flash and it has a sensor..it goes Hoot Hoot when anything is near it We have trouble with blackbirds always digging around our plants and in the bark...drives us mad!!

We have repotted the Ficus and the Parlour Palm in their new pots, they look great!

Also bought some Cane Straw Mulch which we have laid out on top of our modular garden bed

Both have had lovely showers as it was stinking hot out there already, 30 degrees and we were sweating like anything...so nice and fresh now relaxing in the air conditioning with a coffee
Sounds like you have had a very productive day! Your owl ornament sounds like a great idea. We cannot keep a bird, squirel or gopher near our yard, our cats keep them cleaned out.

You deserve to put your feet up after all that back breaking work.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #6576
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Sat up way too late last night, goofing off online. Woke up at 11, we did the quick shopping, played with puppies and kittens and back home. Just got done eating some leftover pasta, sauce and sausage. Now I don't want to move.

Even my teeth are tired...
What about the hair on your arms? Whenever my BIL would get sick, he would complain to my sister that the hair on his arms hurt. He needed them rubbed. Men are such sissies.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #6577
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My teeth are much better now...getting a bubble bath.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 AM   #6578
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Odette, I thought of you as they were showing the countryside of Botswana. Really? A coffee shop and opera house? That's too funny.

You wouldn't like our Nando's here. Chicken is the only protein they serve. The spinach sounds good but we don't have it here. You would be eating salad, fries, veggies or rice!

The coffee house is very nice actually, came across it by accident :) They have a Spa there too! Only in Botswana

SA's Nando just introduced their spinach and they have corn on the cob now. We also have peri peri chicken livers and steak wraps.
The rest of the menu is the same as yours, I used to eat rice and veg or salad

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #6579
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm recuperating from a lovely evening with friends. We had Margaritas and sampled some fancy tequilas. We did a taste comparison between making Margaritas with triple sec and with Cointreau. The Cointreau was much smoother and maybe a little richer. The triple sec, on the other hand, had a nice bite to it. Hard to say which I prefer. Then we had supper.

I'm exhausted from all the cleaning. I'm a bit of a lazy cow, so I need motivation to get the cleaning done. I should invite friends over more often. I even polished the silverware.

If this post is a bit discombooberated, it's 'cause I had Margaritas, tequila, wine with supper, and ice wine with dessert. I'm definitely in a good mood. I even managed to load the dishwasher and run it.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #6580
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I bought gallons of water, soup and boil in bag rice in case we lost power. Didn't think we would have to leave because a levvee would break. So we still have some soup and rice left.
Ms M, you are one strong woman! I highly admire you and you deserve to have a good rest. I would love to cook a nice hot meal and send it down to you....but unfortunately I think it might get cold by the time it made it. Please take good care. {{{{{{{{{{{{{MsM}}}}}}}}}}}}}

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote