What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listening to the baseball game, running the dishwasher, and getting ready to prep the veggies and salad for supper tonight before I run to the store. Thinking too that I wish my team had saved some of the runs they scored last night (14) for the games today thru Sunday. :unsure:

I went to a resale store today and bought a DVD and when I put it in to play, on the screen it said- THIS DISC IS ENCODED FOR A DIFFERENT REGION AND SO IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PLAYER. What the heck is that all about?

I went to a resale store today and bought a DVD and when I put it in to play, on the screen it said- THIS DISC IS ENCODED FOR A DIFFERENT REGION AND SO IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PLAYER. What the heck is that all about?

Beats me.
I just went to look up a recipe for something I made that was on my laptop and it told me the file is corrupt and can't be opened... yet it showed me the first few lines when I searched for it. What the heck is that all about?
Darn technology.

I got a phone call this morning and the guy said that he wanted to talk to who ever used the computer in the house. I said, who the heck are you, and he said he was from Microsoft. I said, I want you to know that I am recording this phone call and he hung up right away. It makes me sick to think of all the scammers out there.

They put a region code in the DVD player and on the DVDs. It is to keep you from buying the cheap version from another country. Was it one of your DVDs? If so, the DVD player is probably from a different region.

Some friends of mine gave us a Samsung printer that they brought back from France. We bought converter and stuff, so we could use it with the electrical current here in Canada. Once it ran out of toner, I went to Staples and bought some toner for that model of Samsung printer. We got a similar message and we can't use the printer. grrr

I have a friend who had to buy a Danish DVD player so he could watch Danish DVDs at home in Canada. BTW, there are no cheap versions of these DVDs - they are only sold in Denmark, 'cause they are in Danish.

It's one of the sneaky (some say slimey) things they do to make more money. I think there are ways to get around it - ways to decode the DVD or alter or remove the region code. Google for it, if you want. I don't know how it's done. Or, try playing some more DVDs and if the same thing happens, bring the DVD back to the store.

I got a phone call this morning and the guy said that he wanted to talk to who ever used the computer in the house. I said, who the heck are you, and he said he was from Microsoft. I said, I want you to know that I am recording this phone call and he hung up right away. It makes me sick to think of all the scammers out there.
I wonder if there are more scammers now, or if we are just more aware of them. It's a PITA in any case. My neighbour got a similar call and she doesn't have a computer.

My husband keeps getting calls telling him there is a recall on his car. He doesn't have a car. I do. His phone number is not associated with my car.

My store had a markdown on pork loin yesterday, the half cuts. I scored them for $1.45 lb. I bought almost 20 pounds.

It took a while but my ailing vacuum sealer got the chops that I cut sealed. The vacuum sealer situation will be solved soon!

You sure are getting the years of use out of that sealer.:)

We've had calls for donations to this, that and the other. They call and ask for "Mrs. Ogre". Turns out, Shrek has already turned them down and they call back to ask me.

After my daughter was murdered. I started to get calls from some real sleezeballs. "So sorry to hear about the death of your; daughter, sister, mother, you pick one. Have you made a choice about her gravestone yet?" "Are you having problems receiving the insurance money from the insurance company? Or, I understand you are having trouble with your insurance company." She was cremated and any monies went to her kids after expenses were paid.

But I think the worst one was when I received a letter addressed to her from a friend of hers that I sort of knew. I sent a letter back to him (at the jail where he was living) to inform him of my daughter's death. A week later I get a collect call from the jail. He had given my daughter a diamond ring, not an engagement ring, as just a present. Could I possibly send it back to him. I told him that the ring was now part of her estate and had to be probated through the court to determine what would happen to it. That could possibly take up to a year if not longer. She left five kids. It had to be decided which kid would get it. (All a lie!) Would he be willing to wait that long? He decided he wanted nothing more to do with courts. I finally after that call changed my number to an unpublished one. I have often wondered what how the elderly handled these types of calls. I may have been in pain, but I hadn't lost my smarts. :angel:

I started my day by going after another yellow jacket nest. This one was quite active and in a tough spot. It was underneath a bush, so I knew where the nest was roughly, but could not see the opening they were using without getting closer than I wanted to get. But this morning was a nice cold one and I figured at 5:00 I could see what I needed to see. They darn near have that whole side of the shrub undermined the darned things. I squirted the drione dust underneath the shrub as close as I could get to their tunnel and there's a couple hundred of them laying on the ground right now. I'm pretty sure I got enough into the nest to wipe them all out. If there's no more activity I'll need to get some dirt and a shovel or I know I'll lose that shrub come winter.

But man, what a gorgeous day today. Crisp and cool and blue skies. I think I'll take some chili out of the freezer for lunch.

Sitting her thinking about getting dressed. I am out of unsalted butter, shocking to anyone that knows me :LOL: So a run to Bj's Club to get butter and dishwasher detergent, probably other things as well.

Then maybe come home and shampoo the carpets.

Beats me.
I just went to look up a recipe for something I made that was on my laptop and it told me the file is corrupt and can't be opened... yet it showed me the first few lines when I searched for it. What the heck is that all about?
Darn technology.

Files are often stored in pieces in different parts of the hard drive. It sounds like one or more pieces is/are corrupt, so parts of the file can be read but the entire file can't be put together and displayed.

I have a program called PC Inspector File Recovery that does a good job of fixing corrupt files.

Thanks, GG. I may have to look into that.
I always save my docs and pics and move them from one pc to a new one, so somewhere along the way something happened to a bunch of files that were in MS Word.

Just wandered the farmers market to kill some time. While surrounded by all of those fresh fruits and vegetables I ate a slice of bee sting cake from the German bakery stall. Sounds about right for me...

Planes, planes, and way too much automobiles. Two one hour flights, and 4+ hours in a car yesterday. Niece is getting married sometime today. We had the rehearsal dinner last night, 12 courses! The food and wine just kept coming.

It's nice to see family. I think.

Planes, planes, and way too much automobiles. Two one hour flights, and 4+ hours in a car yesterday. Niece is getting married sometime today. We had the rehearsal dinner last night, 12 courses! The food and wine just kept coming.

It's nice to see family. I think.

Are you really seeing them or do you have wine-colored glasses on?:ROFLMAO: Have fun!

I'm waiting for a delivery from the pharmacy. They are bringing prescriptions, a few groceries, and Gas-X. I'm too uncomfortable to leave the house and I was supposed to go for Chinese food with friends tonight. :(

Cruising along DC and other websites while I wait for the washer to get done with a load. Want to flip the laundry over into the dryer before I head out the door to grocery shop. Never made it out of here yesterday, and I HAVE to be back before 6:30 to get ready to listen to a baseball game online and watch TheOSU football game on FOX. They're broadcasting it up here! :w00t2:

I'm waiting for a delivery from the pharmacy. They are bringing prescriptions, a few groceries, and Gas-X. I'm too uncomfortable to leave the house and I was supposed to go for Chinese food with friends tonight. :(

I hate when I get trapped gas. I feel like I have a hot metal rod in the middle of my tummy. But when it decides to break loose, it REALLY breaks loose. I am so glad I live alone at that time. And so are lots of other folks. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom