What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tim, I know you are retired. If you retired due to disability, then you are eligible for Medicare Disability. That covers your hospitalization, if necessary. You will receive full benefits as if you retired at 65 or older. :)

Thanks Addie, but my retirement was the result of downsizing. Northrop Grumman was getting rid of anyone over 50 that had more than 20 years with the company and hiring 20 somethings to replace them at half the salary. My replacement was hired exactly one week after I went out the gate on a forced retirement.

Thanks Addie, but my retirement was the result of downsizing. Northrop Grumman was getting rid of anyone over 50 that had more than 20 years with the company and hiring 20 somethings to replace them at half the salary. My replacement was hired exactly one week after I went out the gate on a forced retirement.

Well that sucked! My girlfriend in CA, work on the stealth bomber for them. She was the purchasing agent. Same thing happened to her. And the bomber wasn't even in production yet. Then the next week after she got laid off, her new husband got laid off. Age thing again. And they had just bought a new home.

But look at all the fun you are having now. You got the last laugh! :LOL::LOL:

Well that sucked! My girlfriend in CA, work on the stealth bomber for them. She was the purchasing agent. Same thing happened to her. And the bomber wasn't even in production yet. Then the next week after she got laid off, her new husband got laid off. Age thing again. And they had just bought a new home.

But look at all the fun you are having now. You got the last laugh! :LOL::LOL:
HA! I sure am Addie! I still feel like I'm waiting for "the other shoe to drop", because I'm having such a great time in retirement.

I'm finally getting it through my head that I can just enjoy myself now.

Just finished the regular Friday laundry and housecleaning. Had a nice lunch and think I'll settle down and take a brief nap. I'm feelin' a little lazy and I'm still feeling the effects of the cortisone shot I received in my right knee yesterday. I usually feel a little "tender" in that knee and have some inability to put too much pressure on it for about 48 hours after the cortisone. But, after that...look out world! I can whip my weight in wildcats. By tomorrow...here, kitty, kitty, kitty!!:LOL:

HA! I sure am Addie! I still feel like I'm waiting for "the other shoe to drop", because I'm having such a great time in retirement.

I'm finally getting it through my head that I can just enjoy myself now.

It is too bad that the bottom line is the most important thing instead of people. Losing company loyalty in the end is going to cost more for the corporatate world, and they won't realize it before it is too late.

When I was helpiing my grandson with his resume, I noticed that he was jumping from job to job. I mentioned that it didn't look good on his resume. He informed that it doesn't work that way anymore. You get hired with the understanding that you will leave for a better offer elsewhere and for more money. How sad. :(

It is too bad that the bottom line is the most important thing instead of people. Losing company loyalty in the end is going to cost more for the corporatate world, and they won't realize it before it is too late.

When I was helpiing my grandson with his resume, I noticed that he was jumping from job to job. I mentioned that it didn't look good on his resume. He informed that it doesn't work that way anymore. You get hired with the understanding that you will leave for a better offer elsewhere and for more money. How sad. :(

Loyalty used to mean something. Not any more. The era of the gold watch for 25 years' service is gone.

I realized midway through my work life that you don't have careers or long-term jobs anymore. Your work life is a series of temporary jobs. Then either you or your employer decides you're better off somewhere else and you change partners again.

Loyalty used to mean something. Not any more. The era of the gold watch for 25 years' service is gone.

I realized midway through my work life that you don't have careers or long-term jobs anymore. Your work life is a series of temporary jobs. Then either you or your employer decides you're better off somewhere else and you change partners again.

I got a Garmin GPS for my 25 years...:LOL: Much cooler than a gold watch!

I had a total of 5 jobs in my entire life! 25 years of them with Northrop Grumman. (It was just Grumman when I hired in.)

I'm just back from a late lunch out with my son and his wife, the one whose company folded the week before Christmas. She's got another job already. O happy day! I took them out for a celebratory lunch on my new Social Security raise. Beats the no-raise-at-all from the last two years. Where's Geico's little Maxwell pig, to provide the "Wheeeeee!"?

You need to teach Myrtle and the rest of the girls to form a V and do some synchronized wing flapping!

Last one to the road is a rotten egg!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:
First I'd have to convince them to come outside in the snow...then I'd have to have several (probably about 20) loaves of bread to motivate them....

After 30 minutes of shoveling (the driveway is long and about 8 inches of snow had fallen) (so I basically had shoveled about 12 ft of it), the neighbour swung into the driveway with his plow. I was really glad to see him. It took me another 45 minutes to chisel my way into the van. I've parked it at the end of the driveway (which is about 300 ft long) since more snow is forecast for tonight. I can handle shoveling the snow left by the plow and the 10 ft behind the van to the road. But 300 ft is quite daunting. The blade is on the tractor, but I'd have to charge the battery and see if I can figure out how to drive it--I haven't driven the tractor for about 3 years--and back it out of the barn without hitting one of the girls. I should've moved the van before the snow started...I should've gone out to cover the van when freezing rain was forecast. I am looking forward to having a car with heated mirrors and heated seats. And, having my garage back.

I'm just back from a late lunch out with my son and his wife, the one whose company folded the week before Christmas. She's got another job already. O happy day! I took them out for a celebratory lunch on my new Social Security raise. Beats the no-raise-at-all from the last two years. Where's Geico's little Maxwell pig, to provide the "Wheeeeee!"?
Great news! :w00t:

I need to get some work done. So please stop making me laugh.

I just got a phone call from management. The woman that lives over me is our resident bag lady. She is the one with the shopping cart you see going around the neighborhood looking in trash. Well, it seems she has brought roaches into the building. We all have been complaining about her. Now maybe they will do something done about her. I am so p.o. They are going to spray my apartment next Tuesday. I haven't seen any yet. :mad:

tinlizzie said:

Super!

Back
Top Bottom