What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least they warned you, right? But since you're on right now I guess they got the power up just fine. Good!

I'm avoiding work - the job I do the best. If I get any lazier I'm going to turn into a cat. :ohmy: Since I'm not flexible enough to groom in places not proper to mention I guess I'd better go do something.

Time to start working on dinner. Wonder if I'll get that apple pie made tonight...

Yup, they warned me about the power outage this past weekend. An automated, electronically generated voice told me by phone.

Actually, I stayed online for a while after the power went out. My laptop had a full battery, as did my phone. I set the phone to be a portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

An automated message told me today that my electric meter was going to be read in the next couple days and to have any dogs inside... stupid electric company. Only in America.

I'm watching that disturbing movie again, There's Something About Kevin.

An automated message told me today that my electric meter was going to be read in the next couple days and to have any dogs inside... stupid electric company. Only in America.

I'm watching that disturbing movie again, There's Something About Kevin.
They installed a new electric meter this summer. They read it remotely. No concern about dogs (or aggressive cats).

I just remembered I should have posted something very important to me! I was spending a few minutes of quiet time with my two cats and my dog.

I posted of Mamma's message to all of you. She likes you all but was unable to sign in tonight. She said she was very proud of me to choose this nice social website.

I am thinking of Mamma and Papa. I can not wait until November!

I am also writing to my journal. I feel I have very nice feelings for my nice friends here. I am closer to you on this website than I am to any classmates. I have told Mamma of this. It is when I said this of you to her and asked her again please to join us, she said she shall. I am so happy! Now I have all of you and my Mamma here.

Papa likes this website also. Mamma has told him of it, and I have spoken of this to him also. My parents and DA are my most very, very best friends. I am so very blessed by God to be with them and to have them in my life so very much.

I am sitting here before my computer typing these words from my heart and just having so very much to be grateful for that I am often overcome to very happy tears sometimes.

Oh and another thing I shall do. I shall try very hard to never end all the postings I do without saying one thing to all of you. Thank you for to be here for me. Thank you for being so very kind to my Mamma. Thank you for making me to understand more about my life and my new country, and thank you all for just being alive and on this website.

God bless you all. You all have made me to be very grateful of you.

Your friend,
~Cat

Cat, we're glad you landed here at DC and have become online friends with us. But you're young and in a new place - make sure you make friends with people out in the real world. It's easier to share a piece of pie with someone across the table than someone across the world. ;)

Cat, we're glad you landed here at DC and have become online friends with us. But you're young and in a new place - make sure you make friends with people out in the real world. It's easier to share a piece of pie with someone across the table than someone across the world. ;)

I try to, Cooking Goddess. I try to become acquainted with the classmates but they are always interested to the boys and the Facebooks and they do not seem to be very serious about this education. They do not like my music, and I do not like their music either.

They ask the strange questions of why I can not go out to socialize. I explain I must assist to DA and they ask me of why I care of an old woman. They become very irritated when I will not let them ride in my Joy. They say to put away DA to a nursing place. I have no more of dealings with them. I am nice and polite with them, but that is enough for me.

Gwen is the dearest friend, and many in our community like me, and I like them. But they are all older from me. Mamma says I am in the time of life when I have these responsibilities and this socializing must come later. I have to put DA always first and I always do so.

I owe my Mamma and Papa the obligation of to attend to DA always and to do my duty to her well. I also owe my parents to try to make the best of grades. I owe to myself to always do my very best in everything as I can.

I hope I have explained this well? I am attempting to let you know of my life.

Your friend,
~Cat

Cat, you have explained the difficulty very well. I hope you find some young people whose priorities are closer to your own. I understand that you're busy but it's also important to have real-life friends.

What year are you in at school? Freshman? Junior? Maybe as time goes on, and the classes are more specific to your major, you will find people who take their education more seriously.

Cat,

I have the utmost respect for you in your caring for DA. I take care of those older people who have been put in a nursing home. I try to make their days filled with joy and happiness and hope I help to not make them feel lonely and set aside. I am so very sorry you have not met anyone in real life who admire and respect you for what you are doing. We need more people like you!

I have all of Mom's jewelry, and upon cleaning found a lovely silver bracelet that she'd jerryrigged with pieces of wire where the jump rings should be. I removed the wire and replaced with cut down jump rings. The bracelet is closed with a magnet, strangest thing ever, but I fixed it.

Suddenly, I discovered the bracelet was missing! Huh. I tracked around the house and gardens, everywhere I'd been, no bracelet. Then an "aha" moment, I looked, and it was in the dog food bag!

Good catch. Makes you wonder how much jewelry might have been lost in a bag of kibble.

I'm sitting here watching TV, waiting for a steak to thaw and noticing the lack of posting on this forum lately...

I took the day off, guess the only thing I noticed was how much faster the day goes by when I take it off!

Almost got the dining room table cleaned off so it might be useable at some time.

Good catch. Makes you wonder how much jewelry might have been lost in a bag of kibble.

I'm sitting here watching TV, waiting for a steak to thaw and noticing the lack of posting on this forum lately...

I notice that too, seems like wasting time takes more of an effort these days! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We are having Margaritas to celebrate the weekend.
fiesta.gif

It always slows down when the kids go back to school. Folks now have large amounts of time in which to accomplish something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom