What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It always slows down when the kids go back to school. Folks now have large amounts of time in which to accomplish something.

Say what? You sound like you have your DC admin hat on.
It used to be it always slows down in the summer. Now it always slows down when school starts up in the Fall? :LOL:
Lets just say it's slowing down regardless ;)

I'm about to watch the first episode of a new series called "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" (new to the UK that is). Though I have to say, I don't have high hopes for it. Anyone watching it in the US/Canada?

:LOL: Love the sombrero mariachi guy!
I think he's a real cutey. This is where he lives: http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/fiesta.gif

fiesta.gif

I'm about to watch the first episode of a new series called "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" (new to the UK that is). Though I have to say, I don't have high hopes for it. Anyone watching it in the US/Canada?

Yes, and I am already loving it. Ron Glass got a standing ovation when he walked on screen!!! We are watching it on DVR. But then, I don't think Joss Whedon can go wrong...:) It's on right NOW!!!

Last edited:
Yes, and I am already loving it. Ron Glass got a standing ovation when he walked on screen!!! We are watching it on DVR. But then, I don't think Joss Whedon can go wrong...:) It's on right NOW!!!

Well, I'm half way through the pilot episode - good to see "Gunn" from Angel. So far, I am enjoying it more than I had expected from the rather uninspiring trailers I had seen for it. :)

And yes, Mr Whedon does make a lot of good stuff!

Well, I'm half way through the pilot episode - good to see "Gunn" from Angel. So far, I am enjoying it more than I had expected from the rather uninspiring trailers I had seen for it. :)

And yes, Mr Whedon does make a lot of good stuff!

I am a severe Joss Whedon fan. I've watched everything he's ever done. I think I am the oldest Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and now Agents of Shield fan out here. Shrek watches, but he doesn't get the same thrill I do from it.

I am a severe Joss Whedon fan. I've watched everything he's ever done. I think I am the oldest Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and now Agents of Shield fan out here. Shrek watches, but he doesn't get the same thrill I do from it.

Oh, I could probably give you a run for your money! :LOL: I never really got into Dollhouse, but the rest - most definitely! ;)

And now, it's high time I went to bed - so goodnight!

Oh, I could probably give you a run for your money! :LOL: I never really got into Dollhouse, but the rest - most definitely! ;)

And now, it's high time I went to bed - so goodnight!

I don't know, Katy...I am not quite ancient...but give me a month.:ermm:

Goodnight! Sleep well!

Cat, you have explained the difficulty very well. I hope you find some young people whose priorities are closer to your own. I understand that you're busy but it's also important to have real-life friends.

What year are you in at school? Freshman? Junior? Maybe as time goes on, and the classes are more specific to your major, you will find people who take their education more seriously.

I am still called a freshman. I can only take three classes per year because of my duties to DA. It will take a long time to earn my degree but I shall do this!

Princess Fiona, there may become a time when certain things will need attending, but DA has in place funds for in home nursing if she needs this. If I need to put away school for a time to take care of her I shall. Mamma and Papa know of this also.

Your friend,
~Cat

It always slows down when the kids go back to school. Folks now have large amounts of time in which to accomplish something.

It used to be it always slows down in the summer. Now it always slows down when school starts up in the Fall? :LOL:
I'm slowing down but I'm not going to lay blame on neither kids going to school (that ship has sailed) nor the changing seasons. The older I get the more I get like a wind-up toy running out of spring power. :ohmy: :LOL:

...They ask the strange questions of why I can not go out to socialize. I explain I must assist to DA and they ask me of why I care of an old woman. They become very irritated when I will not let them ride in my Joy. They say to put away DA to a nursing place. I have no more of dealings with them. I am nice and polite with them, but that is enough for me.....
I hope I have explained this well? I am attempting to let you know of my life.

Your friend,
~Cat
Cat, you are remarkably grown-up and mature for your young age. So many young people feel that the adults in their lives owe them for their entire lives. You seem to have the right respect for those before you who did so much to help you become a strong, respectful and kind person. My wish for you is that you find friends in your area that share your sensible outlook on life.

It's tough to put some things aside!!!:ROFLMAO:

I saw the trailer just before my television died on me. When they got to the bit about finding words to fit "S.H.I.E.L.D" I began to think it might be silly rather than smart.

Jos Wheedon - the buffy/angel man? I have to admit to a secret Buffy and Angel habit. Was terribly disappointed when I saw the actor who played Angel in a police thing a while back. Not right at all.

It's tough to put some things aside!!!:ROFLMAO:

The voice of perceived reason :LOL:

And I've never even heard of this show you guys are talking about.
But I did receive my notice from Amazon a week ago saying I could buy all the episodes of this season's Downton Abbey as soon as we here in the US show the first one in January..:rolleyes:

I saw the trailer just before my television died on me. When they got to the bit about finding words to fit "S.H.I.E.L.D" I began to think it might be silly rather than smart.

Jos Wheedon - the buffy/angel man? I have to admit to a secret Buffy and Angel habit. Was terribly disappointed when I saw the actor who played Angel in a police thing a while back. Not right at all.

Yes, Joss Whedon the Magnificent.:)

David Boreanez (Angel) performed admirably in the show Bones. Sarah Michelle Geller (Buffy) is now in a sitcom called The Crazy Ones, it gets at least one more viewing out of respect for Robin Williams and the hopes it will be better.

The voice of perceived reason :LOL:

And I've never even heard of this show you guys are talking about.
But I did receive my notice from Amazon a week ago saying I could buy all the episodes of this season's Downton Abbey as soon as we here in the US show the first one in January..:rolleyes:

The voice of someone with itchy fingers...

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is a winner. Thursday nights on ABC. It's a sequel of the movie Avengers, with Thor, Ironman, The Hulk, etc. My kind of show!:)

Back
Top Bottom