What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First I'd have to convince them to come outside in the snow...then I'd have to have several (probably about 20) loaves of bread to motivate them....

After 30 minutes of shoveling (the driveway is long and about 8 inches of snow had fallen) (so I basically had shoveled about 12 ft of it), the neighbour swung into the driveway with his plow. I was really glad to see him. It took me another 45 minutes to chisel my way into the van. I've parked it at the end of the driveway (which is about 300 ft long) since more snow is forecast for tonight. I can handle shoveling the snow left by the plow and the 10 ft behind the van to the road. But 300 ft is quite daunting. The blade is on the tractor, but I'd have to charge the battery and see if I can figure out how to drive it--I haven't driven the tractor for about 3 years--and back it out of the barn without hitting one of the girls. I should've moved the van before the snow started...I should've gone out to cover the van when freezing rain was forecast. I am looking forward to having a car with heated mirrors and heated seats. And, having my garage back.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with the snow shovelling. I live in a condo, so we pay our landscapers to deal with the snow in winter. They have plowed the walkway in front of my house twice and shovelled it once for this last round of snow that started yesterday.

Don't forget, not just heated seats and mirrors, little wipers on the headlights. That's really nice when the driving gets dirty.

Listening to parents arguing. Awkward. Want to hide in a corner :( worried about my mum...

Remember, they have been together for all these years. Arguments are a part of marriage. Just keep your ears and eyes open. If you think that there might be a physical problem with the arguing, then you will have to make a decision. Try to take a walk with your mom, take her out to lunch and see if you can't get her to open up. Unfortunately for all of us, the day comes when the child becomes the parent and the parent becomes the child. A few prayers might help. Good luck. :)

Listening to parents arguing. Awkward. Want to hide in a corner :( worried about my mum...

Sorry you have to hear that. It's hard as my parents used to argue when I was a teenager. I'm sending big hugs to you. Is there anywhere you can go, put on a head-set and listen to some music... or call a friend and get together?

I'm not doing much at the moment, still in pj's and it's almost 1 pm. :ermm: I went out last night and got a few groceries and was up in the wee hours, because Mark got up to go to work at 4am. I cooked some chicken to be used for a chicken-noodle soup for tomorrow, then I went back to sleep. I slept in, and I'm taking my time waking up. I am in the process, though, of doing one load of laundry and have a load of dishes in the dishwasher. So, at least I am accomplishing something. The weather is dreary and rainy. The kind of day you just want to laze around, watch movies or read a good book.

Early this evening, I am going out to get somemore groceries. I wasn't that ambitious last night.

Trying to decide if I want to drive or take public transportation to party tonight. The party is about 25 km from here. It's currently -17C, feels like -27C. It will probably be hard to find parking because we just had a snow dump of about 25 or 30 cm. So, do I take the bus and metro and not have to think about parking and about 1 hour travel or take the car for 30 minutes travel and who knows how long finding a parking spot or paying to put it in a lot. Decisions, decisions.

My final decision would be based on how late I plan to stay at the party. If I were going to be out quite late, I don't think I'd want to wait for the bus. Just my 2 cents though. Have fun tonight!

My final decision would be based on how late I plan to stay at the party. If I were going to be out quite late, I don't think I'd want to wait for the bus. Just my 2 cents though. Have fun tonight!

Also, by taking your car, unless you are bringing a desinated driver with you, it will limit how much you can drink and tell you when you need to stop so you can be a responsible driver. And save you a hangover in the morning.
:chef:

Also, by taking your car, unless you are bringing a desinated driver with you, it will limit how much you can drink and tell you when you need to stop so you can be a responsible driver. And save you a hangover in the morning.
:chef:

I'm always the designated driver. DH never learned how to drive. I have lots of practice being responsible with the booze. :ermm:

But, there won't be a lot of booze at this party. It's a group performance of a radio play, written by the three birthday folks. It will be in a rented room with a stage, in a library! They have been doing this for about five years and call it "Capricornicopia" :LOL:

Yeah, I'm thinking about waiting for that bus for 20 minutes in -19C to -23C at around midnight and it doesn't really appeal very much. :LOL:

Man I wish the seat heaters worked in my car.

I'm always the designated driver. DH never learned how to drive. I have lots of practice being responsible with the booze. :ermm:

But, there won't be a lot of booze at this party. It's a group performance of a radio play, written by the three birthday folks. It will be in a rented room with a stage, in a library! They have been doing this for about five years and call it "Capricornicopia" :LOL:

That sounds like a fun night. :chef:

Just got home from work, dh still recovering from surgery. Double the workload for me with him out. Still waiting for the pathology report.

simonbaker said:
Just got home from work, dh still recovering from surgery. Double the workload for me with him out. Still waiting for the pathology report.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Simonbaker. Hoping for the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom