"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #6841
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
V, I do a main grocery shop once a week but sometimes I need to go out again to get bits and pieces and if I need things other than groceries for example

I am out and about a fair bit, like to be active
yes kylie, i must admit that it was you i had in mind. it is also true that i am a bit envious of a lifestyle that involves frequent dining out and afternoon shopping trips.

these things are all good, kylie. so are you, good. good and hard working too, kylie. but i think i understand what you are saying. it is not easy sometimes to accept compliments about oneself....

Old 11-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #6842
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
it sure seems like you aussie's get to do a lot of shopping, and general bopping around town. if this is true, i need to contemplate a move.... :)
No,not really Vits. I only go into town when I need something like milk,bread and in this case the underwear. I tend to try and avoid shopping as I HATE it! Only do my food shop once a month too. As for dining out..Pfft I would much rather keep my money at home than spend it on eating out here. That kind of experience is a treat for us if we do do it.

Well,my friend was still a bit off colour so I helped her a bit with her house work and made her & her family some dinner for tonight. I like to help my mates out when I can.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #6843
Master Chef

I go to the supermarket every day. I also buy my groceries in bulk once a month but I prefer buying milk, bread and fresh fruit and veg daily.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #6844
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
yes kylie, i must admit that it was you i had in mind. it is also true that i am a bit envious of a lifestyle that involves frequent dining out and afternoon shopping trips.

these things are all good, kylie. so are you, good. good and hard working too, kylie. but i think i understand what you are saying. it is not easy sometimes to accept compliments about oneself....
Thank you V xxx

We normally only dine out about once a month but we have done well in selling one of our games so we have treated ourselves a bit lately with some outings and new things for the home etc
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #6845
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I go to the supermarket every day. I also buy my groceries in bulk once a month but I prefer buying milk, bread and fresh fruit and veg daily.
Snip, if I was out at the shops everyday, Steve would go mental
Old 11-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #6846
Executive Chef

Quote:
Thank you V xxx

We normally only dine out about once a month but we have done well in selling one of our games so we have treated ourselves a bit lately with some outings and new things for the home etc

well, that is great news kylie--selling your game and indulging yourselves a bit with a nice little cushion. what sort of business are you in, kylie? what kind of games do you sell?

are you telling me don't rush to pack and move to australia with us just yet? okay, kylie, i can take a hint....
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #6847
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc View Post
No,not really Vits. I only go into town when I need something like milk,bread and in this case the underwear. I tend to try and avoid shopping as I HATE it! Only do my food shop once a month too. As for dining out..Pfft I would much rather keep my money at home than spend it on eating out here. That kind of experience is a treat for us if we do do it.

Well,my friend was still a bit off colour so I helped her a bit with her house work and made her & her family some dinner for tonight. I like to help my mates out when I can.
it sounds like you are a good and generous friend, sasroc. my post started out as a bit of lighthearted fun. but you are new, and i shouldn't have been messing around like that. my apologies, sasroc. i'm really quite harmless, nice even, when you get to know me. pay me no mind, and enjoy yourself reading through some of the dc threads--i just know you're gonna like it here....

one of my favorite places to dine out is right here in the dinner threads, and the member's food photo gallery.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #6848
Master Chef

Quote:
Snip, if I was out at the shops everyday, Steve would go mental
Some of us only buy what we need
I have good self control!

Old 11-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #6849
Cook

Quote:
it sounds like you are a good and generous friend, sasroc. my post started out as a bit of lighthearted fun. but you are new, and i shouldn't have been messing around like that. my apologies, sasroc. i'm really quite harmless, nice even, when you get to know me. pay me no mind, and enjoy yourself reading through some of the dc threads--i just know you're gonna like it here....

one of my favorite places to dine out is right here in the dinner threads, and the member's food photo gallery.
I try to be Vits.

Oh no,no need to apologise at all,it takes a lot to offend me Vits and your post certainly didn't. I have yet to venture into the food gallery but I know if I do I wont want to leave.

Reading here while our risotto is merrily brewing away. I hope it turns out alright and delicious as well.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #6850
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc View Post
I try to be Vits.

Oh no,no need to apologise at all,it takes a lot to offend me Vits and your post certainly didn't. I have yet to venture into the food gallery but I know if I do I wont want to leave.

Reading here while our risotto is merrily brewing away. I hope it turns out alright and delicious as well.
Stay Sasroc, give in
V only barks, she never bites
Ok I'm gonna start running , she's gonna come kick my behind now