"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #6871
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Use rubber gloves...I do and it is just right
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #6872
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Use rubber gloves...I do and it is just right
That would have defeated the purpose of my plan. To get my sister to do the dishes.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #6873
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
ROFL...nice one Ads

I like the way you think my friend
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #6874
Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
That would have defeated the purpose of my plan. To get my sister to do the dishes.
Addie,My hands would be needing the first aid I think if I did that

Gloves are non existent in this house hold,I like to be able to "feel" what I'm touching. I'm afraid rubber just gets in the way of things.

This mornings market was full of wonderful home made preserves. I bought a few of them plus some spinach,capsicum,carrots,free range eggs,onions,mango etc. I saw a couple of people I knew & had a chin wag. Checked out the lady selling her poultry. Some lovely chooks but I couldn't buy any as I'm not allowed chooks here.

Checked up on my sick friend on the way home & thankfully she is feeling a lot better.
__________________
Sasroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #6875
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc View Post
Addie,My hands would be needing the first aid I think if I did that

Gloves are non existent in this house hold,I like to be able to "feel" what I'm touching. I'm afraid rubber just gets in the way of things.

This mornings market was full of wonderful home made preserves. I bought a few of them plus some spinach,capsicum,carrots,free range eggs,onions,mango etc. I saw a couple of people I knew & had a chin wag. Checked out the lady selling her poultry. Some lovely chooks but I couldn't buy any as I'm not allowed chooks here.

Checked up on my sick friend on the way home & thankfully she is feeling a lot better.
What are "chooks?" That is a new Aussie word for me.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #6876
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Chooks are chickens Ads
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #6877
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Chooks are chickens Ads
Thanks Kylie, Between you and Snip it looks like I am learning a whole new language.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #6878
Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 52
Addie chooks are chickens,hens here. One of my american friends asked me the same thing when I spoke of chooks.
__________________
Sasroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #6879
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasroc View Post
Addie chooks are chickens,hens here. One of my american friends asked me the same thing when I spoke of chooks.
Thank you. A new word to add to my vocabulary.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #6880
Cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 52
Thats alright Addie, I'm sure we are going to learn a lot of new words of each other.
__________________

__________________
Sasroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.