What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me support last night.
I should clear a few things up though.
Technically they're not both my parents. My mum is, but she remarried a few years ago, so her husband is my stepdad.
I have been the parent for many years. Mum got diagnosed with bipolar disorder after a long time of depression and self harm. I have been looking after her ever since Dad left when I was 11, I'm now 20.
Her current husband is a great guy, just not supportive when it comes to her condition. He also suspects she is making arrangements to leave him for another guy, one of my many "random add" friends on facebook who "randomly added" her a few months back and who she constantly texts.
Oh and her hubby read her diary and apparently she was contemplating going off with some guy in Texas who she also met on Facebook.
Gee my life is exciting! Oh and my Dad disowned me a week ago. We won't go in to the details on that one, not now anyway!
Again thank you and sorry for that vent! To anyone who read it, poor you but thanks!

Technically they're not both my parents. My mum is, but she remarried a few years ago, so her husband is my stepdad.
I have been the parent for many years. Mum got diagnosed with bipolar disorder after a long time of depression and self harm. I have been looking after her ever since Dad left when I was 11, I'm now 20.
Her current husband is a great guy, just not supportive when it comes to her condition. He also suspects she is making arrangements to leave him for another guy, one of my many "random add" friends on facebook who "randomly added" her a few months back and who she constantly texts.
Oh and her hubby read her diary and apparently she was contemplating going off with some guy in Texas who she also met on Facebook.
Gee my life is exciting! Oh and my Dad disowned me a week ago. We won't go in to the details on that one, not now anyway!
Again thank you and sorry for that vent! To anyone who read it, poor you but thanks!

That's what we are here for. Good luck.:chef:

i'm sorry you've had to deal with such crap at a ypung sge, kez.

hopefully, karma will smile on you for your hard work taking care of your mom all these years.

What I am doing at 3 a.m. is hoping when I go to bed in a few minutes, I will be able to get to sleep. I am on my crazy hours routine again. Up for most of the night, go to sleep somewhere around 3-4 a.m. and get up in the middle of the afternoon. I feel like I am missing my whole life when I do this.Of course I could do some housework until I get really tired. I was watching a John Wayne movie earlier hoping that would work. Movie was too good. So that didn't work.

Good morning everyone. I had planned on going out on my scooter. Forget that. It is 7ºF. with a wind chill of -10ºF. We are still having wind gusts. And that is what is keeping our temps so low. Boston is ecstatic. They won last night. And it was COLD at that stadium. I am ready to go back to bed. I have only had three hours sleep. :chef:

You are definetly earning your wings in this lifetime!

Just made myself a cup of hot Mystic Chai Tea and my grandson a cup of Ovaltine. He is playing with his DSI and I am going to read my mystery. :<)

Just made myself a cup of hot Mystic Chai Tea and my grandson a cup of Ovaltine. He is playing with his DSI and I am going to read my mystery. :<)

Thanks. I too am goiing to pick up my book and relax. I was asleep and woke up still tired. Maybe if I read I will be able to finish my nap. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks. I too am going to pick up my book and relax. I was asleep and woke up still tired. Maybe if I read I will be able to finish my nap. Thanks for the idea.

You sure could if you were reading the book I just gave up on. "The Invisible" by Andrew Britton. A real snoozer. I gave up at 200 of 387 pages. I kept waiting for SOMETHING to happen. Nope, all planning, details and specifications of Political maneuvering. Booorrrrrring!

kezlehan said:

Oh, Kezlehan, it's so hard when the child becomes the parent. What a convoluted mess. Bless you for sticking with it, hope you can take some time for you!

It is terribly hard when us "children" become the "parents". But at 20 years old, it is young, and you have a hard row to hoe. Don't feel bad about venting, DC is a good community.

Today I'm going to work on one of my New Year resoutions -- cleaning up my "office" here where my computer & printer live. The four 35" high bookcases are a mess; stuff just higgledy-piggledy laid in with no order. Some of it is actually books, which are easy to deal with; but there are the office supplies, phone books (which I never use anymore), knick-knacks. Gobs of pencils with hard erasers and almost-dried-up ballpoints. Stuff. I have a book on tape to listen to while I'm busy.

The four 35" high bookcases are a mess; stuff just higgledy-piggledy laid in with no order. Some of it is actually books, which are easy to deal with; but there are the office supplies, phone books (which I never use anymore), knick-knacks. Gobs of pencils with hard erasers and almost-dried-up ballpoints. Stuff. I have a book on tape to listen to while I'm busy.

"Higgledy-piggledy" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That describes my entire house! :wacko::(

Waiting for Shrek to get moving so I can get the linens off the bed and go do the laundry. I wonder if I can get them off without waking him up...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom