What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's how our daughter is with The Wizard of Oz. The local CW station used to show reruns of "According to Jim" over and over again every night at midnight. Himself and I watched them so much we could recite those lines! And laughed at every one every time. :LOL:

"Here's looking at you, kid",

"We'll always have Paris",

"You played it for her, you can play it for me."

The music as the camera dissolves into the flashback ..................

(Sigh!)

I could probably recite "Casablanca" from beginning to end. It's been at the top of my "desert island" list for as long as I can remember - I watched it first on my grandmother's 9 inch Bush television (with a magnifying screen in front of it) some time in the late 1950s and nearly 60 years on I still settle down to watch it with a box of tissues.

(and "that" line is NOT "Play it again Sam"!)

Last edited:
Watching The Princess Bride, for the nth time. By now I can recite the whole thing.:rolleyes:

A friend did a modified version of "marriwidge" at the beginning of our ceremony, it got a good laugh. There were a few people concerned that some were laughing at the girl with a speech impediment, :LOL:

She did an awesome job. I love that movie!

(Sigh!)

I could probably recite "Casablanca" from beginning to end. It's been at the top of my "desert island" list for as long as I can remember - I watched it first on my grandmother's 9 inch Bush television (with a magnifying screen in front of it) some time in the late 1950s and nearly 60 years on I still settle down to watch it with a box of tissues.

I love that movie too, but I can't watch it too often.

Most movies with Ingrid Bergman are special to me. Pictures of my mum at the same age as I.B. look exactly like her. You can't tell if the pic is of my mum or I.B.

A friend did a modified version of "marriwidge" at the beginning of our ceremony, it got a good laugh. There were a few people concerned that some were laughing at the girl with a speech impediment, :LOL:

She did an awesome job. I love that movie!

"Pwincess Buwewcup"...classic! :ROFLMAO: Only a true friend would know that you love the movie and use it at an event that "should be" serious. Love it! Monty Python quotes are a running theme in the Ogre household.:)

I love that movie too, but I can't watch it too often.

Most movies with Ingrid Bergman are special to me. Pictures of my mum at the same age as I.B. look exactly like her. You can't tell if the pic is of my mum or I.B.

I am also a big fan of Bergman, I enjoyed her in the 1958 film. The Inn of the Sixth Happiness.

I loved her accent and her sort of clipped way of speaking.

"Pwincess Buwewcup"...classic! :ROFLMAO: Only a true friend would know that you love the movie and use it at an event that "should be" serious. Love it! Monty Python quotes are a running theme in the Ogre household.:)

I've never watched PB all the way through, will have to look for it!

Watching Cutthroat Kitchen, love it, and mulling over what to do with the 2 remaining grocery bags of our apples. Have a feeling more CP apple butter is coming up.

(Sigh!)

I have never seen Casablanca. Only the end where she gets on the plane and flies off. :angel:

So I wake up at 4 a.m. Friday morning. I am not feeling very good. I get my pills together and start to take them. I am really not feel good. I slow down and start to take some deep breaths. Oh dear, I need to call 911. I am in a lot of pain in my left arm and across my chest. I can barely tell the dispatcher the information. Fortunately they have E911 Enhanced. That means my name and location show up on their screen. I have already taken two hits with the liquid nitro. Didn't help one bit. Paramedics arrive. I can get to the buzzer to let them in. Thank God they have oxygen. I can't breath deep enough to get it into me. They do an EKG right there. Not good news. "Adele we have to take you to the Tufts ER. They are the closest and can give you the emergency care you need right away." I am in no condition to argue. Just make this pain stop! They start a line in the ambulance. "Adele on a scale on one to ten, where is the pain?" TEN! They open the line so it is flowing faster. I start to feel a little better. Pain level is down to a seven. They decide I can make it to BMC, which is my hospital. It is only a half mile further.

Everything in there was a whirl. I don't remember much. Twelve hours later they send me up to the floor. I had, had a heart attack. I am fine now.

And I am home. Taking it easy. As Spike is pulling up to the building, there are two fire engines outside the building and the alarm is going off like crazy. Just what I needed. The elevator is on the first floor and out of service except to the fire department and medical personnel. So I sit outside until it is safe to go inside. The woman in #208 had pizza in the oven and fell asleep. She is in her mid 90's. More and more she is losing ground. I hate to say it but she needs to go to an assisted living facility. I am in Apt. #213. You can smell the smoke all over the second floor.

I used to think once I was retired and all the kids were out on their own, I would have a nice quiet serene life. Silly me! :angel:

My mother was still living in her apartment in Denmark when she did something similar. She left a pot on the stove and left the apartment. The fire department showed up after smoke started coming out of her apartment. Some department that deals with the elderly had her gas turned off. They gave her a two burner electric cooker. It had a timer to switch it off. That was horrible to cook on, but a lot safer. There were lots of things that wouldn't be done cooking when it went off and you had to push the button to start it again. It also didn't heat up as much as a regular cooker.

I'm taking a little break right now. I've spent most of the morning working in my studio "de-furring" it. A couple of weeks ago my long-haired sweetheart, Tumble, died suddenly and I've just now felt like doing an extensive fur removal.

He was such a darling and I miss him so much. His (year older) sister, Sally, is totally lost without him. I am thankful she has Bella to help dilute her loneliness and equally glad that they get along well. Introducing a new cat family member into an already established feline family can be a challenge. They're best buds, though.

I think I've finally swept/dust mopped/vacuumed all the loose Tumble fur from all the nooks and crannies. Future vacuuming and sweeping will be less "fluffy."

After I've had a few minutes with my feet up, I'll head back to spend some time with Sally and Bella as I look for a pattern I've put in the proverbial "safe place." Ugh! I hate it when I do that.

Well, it looks like the studio is now the domain of us "girls."

Here's what my pretty, snuggly boy looked like. R.I.P. my sweet Tumble.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 161
Oh no, Katie! RIP, Tumble. :(

A man who lived a floor above me in the apartment building I had in grad school passed out after leaving a pot of soup on the stove. I banged on his door like crazy, smoke pouring out everywhere, and had to call 911 as I couldn't wake him. Quite the excitement.

Last edited:
My mother was still living in her apartment in Denmark when she did something similar. She left a pot on the stove and left the apartment. The fire department showed up after smoke started coming out of her apartment. Some department that deals with the elderly had her gas turned off. They gave her a two burner electric cooker. It had a timer to switch it off. That was horrible to cook on, but a lot safer. There were lots of things that wouldn't be done cooking when it went off and you had to push the button to start it again. It also didn't heat up as much as a regular cooker.

Virginia lost her sister a couple of months ago. She lived here also. So Virginia has been going downhill ever since. She sits in her apartment crying all the time. He daughters need to step in. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom