What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I brush hogged the back earlier, perhaps for the last time this year. Then I took a couple .22's out back for a little ballistic therapy. The one I had just put the scope back on, so I needed to sight it in anyway.
I meant to go to the store, but didn't, so now I'm wondering what's for dinner. I'm not really hungry yet anyway. I finished off the Swedish meatballs over toast for a late lunch.
And I too never saw Casablanca. I'm not really a Bogart fan.

I just finished talking to Poo. He is working this weekend in Vermont and the ER is crazy with all the leaf peepers getting hurt trying to get that 'right' photo. He works at the only hospital that flies patients out instead of in. :angel:

I have never seen Casablanca. Only the end where she gets on the plane and flies off. :angel:
Oh poor you! Do try and watch it if it comes on television. But not the "colourised" version. You need the atmosphere of the original b&w version. And remember the tissues. I'm not given to snivelling over films but "Casablanca" gets me every time

Bogie and Bergman are just right in the lead roles. Claude Rains was good as the Police Chief with an eye for the ladies. The much over used expression "round up the usual suspects" comes from Claude Rains' character.

Don't be put of by a very bad but fortunately short-lived television series with David Soul in the 1980s.

So I wake up at 4 a.m. Friday morning. I am not feeling very good. I get my pills together and start to take them. I am really not feel good. I slow down and start to take some deep breaths. Oh dear, I need to call 911. I am in a lot of pain in my left arm and across my chest. I can barely tell the dispatcher the information. Fortunately they have E911 Enhanced. That means my name and location show up on their screen. I have already taken two hits with the liquid nitro. Didn't help one bit. Paramedics arrive. I can get to the buzzer to let them in. Thank God they have oxygen. I can't breath deep enough to get it into me. They do an EKG right there. Not good news. "Adele we have to take you to the Tufts ER. They are the closest and can give you the emergency care you need right away." I am in no condition to argue. Just make this pain stop! They start a line in the ambulance. "Adele on a scale on one to ten, where is the pain?" TEN! They open the line so it is flowing faster. I start to feel a little better. Pain level is down to a seven. They decide I can make it to BMC, which is my hospital. It is only a half mile further.

Everything in there was a whirl. I don't remember much. Twelve hours later they send me up to the floor. I had, had a heart attack. I am fine now.

And I am home. Taking it easy. As Spike is pulling up to the building, there are two fire engines outside the building and the alarm is going off like crazy. Just what I needed. The elevator is on the first floor and out of service except to the fire department and medical personnel. So I sit outside until it is safe to go inside. The woman in #208 had pizza in the oven and fell asleep. She is in her mid 90's. More and more she is losing ground. I hate to say it but she needs to go to an assisted living facility. I am in Apt. #213. You can smell the smoke all over the second floor.

I used to think once I was retired and all the kids were out on their own, I would have a nice quiet serene life. Silly me! :angel:
Oh dear , how nasty. I hope you're feeling better now. Look after yourself.

I'm taking a little break right now. I've spent most of the morning working in my studio "de-furring" it. A couple of weeks ago my long-haired sweetheart, Tumble, died suddenly and I've just now felt like doing an extensive fur removal.

He was such a darling and I miss him so much. His (year older) sister, Sally, is totally lost without him. I am thankful she has Bella to help dilute her loneliness and equally glad that they get along well. Introducing a new cat family member into an already established feline family can be a challenge. They're best buds, though.

I think I've finally swept/dust mopped/vacuumed all the loose Tumble fur from all the nooks and crannies. Future vacuuming and sweeping will be less "fluffy."

After I've had a few minutes with my feet up, I'll head back to spend some time with Sally and Bella as I look for a pattern I've put in the proverbial "safe place." Ugh! I hate it when I do that.

Well, it looks like the studio is now the domain of us "girls."

Here's what my pretty, snuggly boy looked like. R.I.P. my sweet Tumble.
I'm so sorry to hear about poor Tumble.

Oh dear , how nasty. I hope you're feeling better now. Look after yourself.

Thank you. Believe me, that was one activity that was not on my list of things to do. Then to come home with all the crazy activity, was another thing not on my list. I have been taking it easy. Sitting here at the computer reading and answering some posts. In between I took care of the trash cans. Got them all bagged up. Next will be the kitchen. Not much to do there. :angel:

(((Hugs Katie))). RIP Tumble. He really was a handsome fellow. How old was he?

Tumble was about 8. He was a year younger than Sally and they had the same mother. They were just about inseparable, which is why Sally is so at loose ends. Bella is good to her and they cuddle together in their big basket at night.

Tumble was a dear. Not a mean bone in his body and ultra-affectionate. He had the uncanny way of knowing when I needed a loving snuggle, especially after Buck died.

I'm taking a little break right now. I've spent most of the morning working in my studio "de-furring" it. A couple of weeks ago my long-haired sweetheart, Tumble, died suddenly and I've just now felt like doing an extensive fur removal.

He was such a darling and I miss him so much. His (year older) sister, Sally, is totally lost without him. I am thankful she has Bella to help dilute her loneliness and equally glad that they get along well. Introducing a new cat family member into an already established feline family can be a challenge. They're best buds, though.

I think I've finally swept/dust mopped/vacuumed all the loose Tumble fur from all the nooks and crannies. Future vacuuming and sweeping will be less "fluffy."

After I've had a few minutes with my feet up, I'll head back to spend some time with Sally and Bella as I look for a pattern I've put in the proverbial "safe place." Ugh! I hate it when I do that.

So sorry, Katie! I'll holler at my Gopher and tell him Tumble is a friend and to share his bell toys with him. RIP Tumble.

The town grocer has Land O Lakes butter on sale. I just bought 6 lbs. I didn't want to seem greedy. I'll buy another six lbs Monday.

So I wake up at 4 a.m. Friday morning. I am not feeling very good. I get my pills together and start to take them. I am really not feel good. I slow down and start to take some deep breaths. Oh dear, I need to call 911. I am in a lot of pain in my left arm and across my chest. I can barely tell the dispatcher the information. Fortunately they have E911 Enhanced. That means my name and location show up on their screen. I have already taken two hits with the liquid nitro. Didn't help one bit. Paramedics arrive. I can get to the buzzer to let them in. Thank God they have oxygen. I can't breath deep enough to get it into me. They do an EKG right there. Not good news. "Adele we have to take you to the Tufts ER. They are the closest and can give you the emergency care you need right away." I am in no condition to argue. Just make this pain stop! They start a line in the ambulance. "Adele on a scale on one to ten, where is the pain?" TEN! They open the line so it is flowing faster. I start to feel a little better. Pain level is down to a seven. They decide I can make it to BMC, which is my hospital. It is only a half mile further.

Everything in there was a whirl. I don't remember much. Twelve hours later they send me up to the floor. I had, had a heart attack. I am fine now.

And I am home. Taking it easy. As Spike is pulling up to the building, there are two fire engines outside the building and the alarm is going off like crazy. Just what I needed. The elevator is on the first floor and out of service except to the fire department and medical personnel. So I sit outside until it is safe to go inside. The woman in #208 had pizza in the oven and fell asleep. She is in her mid 90's. More and more she is losing ground. I hate to say it but she needs to go to an assisted living facility. I am in Apt. #213. You can smell the smoke all over the second floor.

I used to think once I was retired and all the kids were out on their own, I would have a nice quiet serene life. Silly me! :angel:

That's supposed to be my trick...I'm gald you are okay. Leave the house alone and get some rest. Did they do a cath?

Getting ready to enter a haunted house at Busch gardens, I hate these things but the trip to the park wouldn't be the same without them! :LOL:

Good luck with that Pac .. they can be a real nuisance.

Where I grew up we only lived about 3 blocks from the Sacramento River. It was normal after dark activities for everyone to stay off the street simply because we had skunks and river rats that used the streets at that time. We had a fiesty little doxie then and when those critters would enter our back yard she would fight them and kill them. She was always smelling like skunk.

We had 1 skunk who came to our backyard here a couple years ago. He was eating leftovers from the birdfeeders. So we took them down and he went away.
Our nephews girlfriend (roomates) have a skunk for a indoor pet. They had the "stinker" removed. It uses a litter box just like a cat. Strangest thing but it is very calm & tame. Makes a person look twice when you enter the room.

:angel::angel:I am so very sorry to hear about your health issues. Will keep you in my prayers.:angel::angel:

Sorry for your loss Katie. It's tough to lose a pet, just like a member of the family. Keeping positive thoughts coming your way. We have 3 cats 1 of them looks exactly like your tumble, his name is furby. They are precious animals with such a personality.

We have a neighborhood, established in 1886, called Skunk City!

This is the crest from the newspaper!

_wsb_301x336_Final+Proof.jpg

Well I've got a can of cat food in the front yard and one in the side yard. And my million candle power flashlight at the ready. Along with a small .22 carbine with crosshairs that light. Of course, it's also probably a million to one chance I will look out a window when he's there, but it's worth a... err... shot.

In unrelated news, my next door buddy came over today to say his wife saw a bear not a couple miles down the road on a golf course. There were golfers running everywhere. The bear stopped to eat at a squash patch, then meandered off. Kind of odd he'd be living this close and decide to take a midday stroll. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a picture of him.

Well I've got a can of cat food in the front yard and one in the side yard. And my million candle power flashlight at the ready. Along with a small .22 carbine with crosshairs that light. Of course, it's also probably a million to one chance I will look out a window when he's there, but it's worth a... err... shot.

In unrelated news, my next door buddy came over today to say his wife saw a bear not a couple miles down the road on a golf course. There were golfers running everywhere. The bear stopped to eat at a squash patch, then meandered off. Kind of odd he'd be living this close and decide to take a midday stroll. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a picture of him.

If that old skunk knew all the work he put you through he would be laughing his tail off! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Are the dogs ready for action?
evanston-dog-walkers-gas-mask.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom