What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hoping it's like anything, Bea, the more you prepare the less you need it.
I hope I never see him again. I'm not holding my breath though. I'll probably startle him when I least expect it.

I'm hoping it's like anything, Bea, the more you prepare the less you need it.
I hope I never see him again. I'm not holding my breath though. I'll probably startle him when I least expect it.

I wonder why Pac is spending the winter outside???:wacko:

So I wake up at 4 a.m. Friday morning. I am not feeling very good. I get my pills together and start to take them. I am really not feel good. I slow down and start to take some deep breaths. Oh dear, I need to call 911. I am in a lot of pain in my left arm and across my chest. I can barely tell the dispatcher the information. Fortunately they have E911 Enhanced. That means my name and location show up on their screen. I have already taken two hits with the liquid nitro. Didn't help one bit. Paramedics arrive. I can get to the buzzer to let them in. Thank God they have oxygen. I can't breath deep enough to get it into me. They do an EKG right there. Not good news. "Adele we have to take you to the Tufts ER. They are the closest and can give you the emergency care you need right away." I am in no condition to argue. Just make this pain stop! They start a line in the ambulance. "Adele on a scale on one to ten, where is the pain?" TEN! They open the line so it is flowing faster. I start to feel a little better. Pain level is down to a seven. They decide I can make it to BMC, which is my hospital. It is only a half mile further.

Everything in there was a whirl. I don't remember much. Twelve hours later they send me up to the floor. I had, had a heart attack. I am fine now.

And I am home. Taking it easy. As Spike is pulling up to the building, there are two fire engines outside the building and the alarm is going off like crazy. Just what I needed. The elevator is on the first floor and out of service except to the fire department and medical personnel. So I sit outside until it is safe to go inside. The woman in #208 had pizza in the oven and fell asleep. She is in her mid 90's. More and more she is losing ground. I hate to say it but she needs to go to an assisted living facility. I am in Apt. #213. You can smell the smoke all over the second floor.

I used to think once I was retired and all the kids were out on their own, I would have a nice quiet serene life. Silly me! :angel:

Take care of yourself Addie! Hope you are feeling better soon!

I made csipetke to go with the Hungarian goulash. It has been boiling for 50 minutes and isn't ready yet. Smaller ones next time. I'm getting hungry.

I'm watching The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. I both read the book and saw A Clockwork Orange, I agree, Pac, very weird.

As is Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, though maybe not quite as weird. Now I wish I'd taped it, I really liked it.

Last edited:
I basking in the aura of my baseball team's resounding win over that other team from Tampa. It's looking good for the Red Sox.

I'm taking a little break right now. I've spent most of the morning working in my studio "de-furring" it. A couple of weeks ago my long-haired sweetheart, Tumble, died suddenly and I've just now felt like doing an extensive fur removal...................

Here's what my pretty, snuggly boy looked like. R.I.P. my sweet Tumble.
attachment.php

So sorry to hear this Katie! :( Furkids are so special. And you said he was 8? That's pretty young. Hope your heart mends soon ~ even though you'll always miss him.

Hey, I knew nothing of this movie except for hearing it mentioned over the years. I assumed it was more of a sci-fi/Soylent Green/Fahrenheit 451 kind of movie.

I just ran a K-cup of hot chocolate through the Keurig, I've got the home fries cooking on the stove and have two pieces of bread waiting to be toasted and make a sandwich out of some Canadian bacon, egg and cheese. And Miracle is on the TV.

Just got back from the movie "Gravity". Relaxing a bit before we have to go to a meeting at 7 about getting a foriegn exchange student from Germany, next week, for 2 weeks.

I just got back from Costco...now I remember why I don't like going there on the weekend.

:LOL: We'd planned a trip to Costco, but DH didn't waken till well past noon. As Costco is 45 minutes away, I figured I'd be better off doing other stuff around the house.

So, I'm still simmering apple butter in the CP. It's all strained and I took the lid off as I want it thick.

Last edited:
:LOL: We'd planned a trip to Costco, but DH didn't waken till well past noon. As Costco is 45 minutes away, I figured I'd be better off doing other stuff around the house.

Every moron (and their kids) with a driver's license was there...including me!

Back
Top Bottom