What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from the movie "Gravity". Relaxing a bit before we have to go to a meeting at 7 about getting a foriegn exchange student from Germany, next week, for 2 weeks.

Cool, Sb! We've had three German exchange students - six in all. Almost all of them were great experiences and we learned a lot. In fact, one visited us last spring, and my mom and her husband visited another when they were in Berlin in August. Look forward to hearing about your student.

The town grocer has Land O Lakes butter on sale. I just bought 6 lbs. I didn't want to seem greedy. I'll buy another six lbs Monday.

The Market Basket has Cabot's on sale this week. It is fresh right from Vermont every day. I will be stocking up also. :angel:

Aside from store brands, Land O Lakes is the only brand of stick butter I ever see here. It doesn't matter which grocery store either. They must have our market cornered.
There is a difference between LOL and the other generic type butters. LOL is softer after it's been frozen and thawed. It has a softer texture. Good stuff. Been eating it since I was a kid.

I'm watching Denver v Dallas and boy what a game.
Another one that's going to come down to the wire.

Clearly not a defensive battle.

Ask the defenses that. :shock:
Both those quarterbacks were on fire. I never heard "you just can't defend against that" so many times in one game.
But Romo returned to Romo by the end of the game. He's good for three quarters or three quarters of a season, take your pick.

Tomorrow, two nice men of the HOA will arrive to take away the electric stove. I have pulled it from the wall, cleaned it very, very thoroughly inside and outside, and it looks as if brand new. DA gave me the $175.00 payment for it! I fussed with her that it is hers, but she was firm and said no. So, I shall save this for something special for DA sometime.

I am looking at the stove and it does look so very nice! I pulled all of the knobs of it off and washed those and everything is very, very clean. I took out the lower drawer and washed it and cleaned all of the back of it.

The lady who is getting this will be glad to have it so clean I think. She is Carla, and she is older of 67 who has to keep her grandchildren because of certain family problems. She does very much cooking and she has an electric range that has those coil burners of it and those pans under them. This will be very much easier for her!

I like her grandchildren. There is a boy and a girl. The boy is 9 years old and his sister is 11. We like to ride our bikes together with Azia. They love Azia very much.

I am so very happy! Carla is very happy also! I looked of these stoves on the Google and they cost more than $175.00. I love to see happy people!

Carla is donating her old stove for no price to the Habitat for Humanity store.

With love,
~Cat

We just got home from our meeting at school about getting our foreign exchange student from Germany. Excited she will be coming this Saturday & staying thru the 28th. 16 years old. There will be 30 in the group coming. I think we will both learn a lot.

Shopping in the burbs here is best done during the week, weekends are nuts, it's like nobody realizes that these stores are open 7 days a week!

I forgot it was Sunday until I pulled into the lot. Thought I was going to have to park in the next town over.:)

Watching a Fallout Boy concert on TV. Previously it was All American Rejects. Before them was Green Day and New Found Glory. It's kind of a cool channel because I don't have to actually watch it. I can listen and do something else at the same time and these are all groups that I like. Now if they would just air a Panic at the Disco concert my night would be complete. Although I do need to go to bed soon.

Whew....recovering from a cooking day. :chef: Made homemade chili and corn bread for the first time since last fall, since the weather is finally cooling down here. Then I decided to use up the rest of the ground beef, chopped bell peppers, and onions I had stashed in the freezer, and made a meat loaf. Cut it into slices and food saver'ed it in 2 slices per bag so I'll have meatloaf sandwiches handy to defrost. :wub: :ROFLMAO:

A friend gave me a bag of granny smith apples from her trees, and after eating as many as I can for now, I chopped and baked several of them with a little brown sugar and cinnamon, to add to my morning oatmeal. :)

Shredded some cheese and made some sauce to make enchiladas a little later in the week. Think I'm good for the week now without having to do much work. :ROFLMAO:

Edit - kitty and I are settling in on the couch to watch the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom