What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was a kid, we spent parts of summers in the mountains. We would go to the local horse place and rent a couple of horses for an hour. The first few times my dad came along and we had a guide. After that, my sister and I went by ourselves (nowadays most places won't let adults out by themselves :wacko:). They knew that us two little kids knew to let the horses have their heads if we ever got lost and the horses would head home to the stables.

When I was about fourteen, I took to wearing my hair in "Indian braids". Twice in a row they gave me a horse called Squaw. She was old and a flower eater and I wasn't really a very good rider. So, I asked for a horse with a bit more life in it than Squaw. They said sure, looked at each other funny, and gave me Comanche. Well, he lived up to his name. I couldn't adjust myself in the saddle or move the reins, even a teensy bit, without a reaction. He thought I was telling him to do something. I asked them to hold him, so I could get down. Lots of snickers. Then they gave me an appropriate horse.

Comanche was big and gentle, but extremely well trained - for the owner. No one but the owner of the stables ever rode him. He was a "private horse".
This reminds me of when Horse had been ridden exclusively side saddle for over a year. One day, I went up to ride and forgot to take the side saddle so went out on my astride saddle. Horse has always been perfectly fine in traffic and as we were riding along the road outside the farm I couldn't understand why he was trying to get off the road, across the grass verge on the left (we ride on the left as well as drive on it) and into the hedge! I couldn't understand what was the matter. There was very little traffic and he'd been along that road dozens of times. I suddenly realised what the matter was. He'd been used to us riding him side saddle and having no rider's leg on his right side. Suddenly he could feel a leg there and although I wasn't actually using it to direct him, he thought I was telling him to move over to the left so he did! Bless him. I had to concentrate on keeping my leg off his side for the rest of the ride or we'd have been going round in circles.

Last edited:
Just stopped by the farmers market and got some NC apples. I got a bag of cameo for eating (sooo good) and a bag of stayman Winesap for cooking. Bought from the growers for 99 cents a pound!

The antibiotic I am on is causing light sensitivity. I'll be the one in sunglasses at work.
When my first contact lens doctor "fitted" me he did a botch job. My eyes were so light sensitive I had to wear sunglasses or keep my lids at half-mast.

Right now I'm just cruising around the internet, smelling dinner roasting and wishing it were later and it was close to done. Also thinking that I hope I didn't put too much garlic on the meat...:huh: It's really stinking up the place!

When my first contact lens doctor "fitted" me he did a botch job. My eyes were so light sensitive I had to wear sunglasses or keep my lids at half-mast.

Right now I'm just cruising around the internet, smelling dinner roasting and wishing it were later and it was close to done. Also thinking that I hope I didn't put too much garlic on the meat...:huh: It's really stinking up the place!
There is almost never such a thing as too much garlic. ;)

Dang. I forgot to put crushed garlic in the marinade. Not too late. I am not cooking it until tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder. :angel:

Stupid me. I did it again to myself. I got the garlic chopped and in with the marinade for the chicken. I saw the ends of the Mortadella and grabbed a couple of slices. I already had a full meal at noon time and knew I couldn't eat anything else today. So of course I no sooner got it down, and my stomach didn't do a happy dance. Yup! I lost it. Dumb, dumb me! :bash::bash: :angel:

When I mince garlic, before I wash my hands, I smell them and let Shrek smell them...I haven't quite got to the point I dab it behind my ears:rolleyes:

When I mince garlic, before I wash my hands, I smell them and let Shrek smell them...I haven't quite got to the point I dab it behind my ears:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good one PF. Nothing like romance after all these years. Good to se it still is there.

My perfume for years was baby puke. :angel:

Sitting here LMAO. DH wanted a snack of cheese and crackers. We were both out in the kitchen getting that fixed up for him. While we were talking I heard a strange sound. Turned around and there is my mini doxie dragging a 30 lb bag of dog food through the kitchen LOL I guess he wanted a snack too. Dang I can't believe he could drag that thing - he only weighs 12 lbs !!

Sitting here LMAO. DH wanted a snack of cheese and crackers. We were both out in the kitchen getting that fixed up for him. While we were talking I heard a strange sound. Turned around and there is my mini doxie dragging a 30 lb bag of dog food through the kitchen LOL I guess he wanted a snack too. Dang I can't believe he could drag that thing - he only weighs 12 lbs !!
:LOL:
So, did you give him a snack?

LOL yep .. he got a piece of cheese but he kept looking at that big bag of dog food LOL

LOL yep .. he got a piece of cheese but he kept looking at that big bag of dog food LOL

Oh how cute!

Beagle once dragged a canvas shopping bag full of dried beans and potatoes to her bed, her bed is well-hidden, and we never thought to look for the missing items there. Nothing was eaten or damaged, apparently, just snuggled with while we were at work.

Last edited:
Teddy likes to take clean or dirty Spikes socks to his bed. Only socks. Every night he just sits there and waits for Spike to take his shoes off knowing the socks are next. Sometime Spike will play with him and only take one sock off. That does not stop Teddy. He grabs the tip of the sock and pulls it off of Spikes foot. One time Spike was opening a new package of socks and Teddy grabbed them before Spike could put them away. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom