What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
.....Also thinking that I hope I didn't put too much garlic on the meat...:huh: It's really stinking up the place!

There is almost never such a thing as too much garlic. ;)

Really. Stinking up the place? :huh:
We may need an intervention here.

Turns out after a half hour I didn't even notice it. Maybe it wasn't that much. Maybe my sense of smell got burned out. All I know is the pork roast was yummy. :yum:

Sitting here LMAO. DH wanted a snack of cheese and crackers. We were both out in the kitchen getting that fixed up for him. While we were talking I heard a strange sound. Turned around and there is my mini doxie dragging a 30 lb bag of dog food through the kitchen LOL I guess he wanted a snack too. Dang I can't believe he could drag that thing - he only weighs 12 lbs !!

That could be a commercial.

I use onion and garlic is most long cooking dishes. Once I forgot and was surprised by a new flavor. I think it was a pot of split peas. It was actually very good, just different.

Oh how cute!

Beagle once dragged a canvas shopping bag full of dried beans and potatoes to her bed, her bed is well-hidden, and we never thought to look for the missing items there. Nothing was eaten or damaged, apparently, just snuggled with while we were at work.
:LOL:
That's weird enough that I gotta wonder if Beagle is part cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how cute!

Beagle once dragged a canvas shopping bag full of dried beans and potatoes to her bed, her bed is well-hidden, and we never thought to look for the missing items there. Nothing was eaten or damaged, apparently, just snuggled with while we were at work.

Awww .. cute !!

He normally doesn't take things.

A few years ago we had a hard time with him. He knew how to open 1 cupboard in the kitchen - only 1 even though they were all the same. In that cupboard I had a box that I kept potatoes in.

He would open that cupboard and take a potato.

One day I went to get a couple potatoes out to bake and there was only 1. I knew there were 2 in there the night before because I checked while I was planning dinner.

DH swore up and down he wasn't taking the potatoes and at that time there was only one other hungry face in our place. That's when I found out what he was doing.

So I kept an eye out and finally caught him stealing a potato. He waited until he thought nobody was looking. Walked into the kitchen .. used his tiny little paw to open the cupboard door. Reached into the box with his snoot and out he came with a potato. Then he pushed the cupboard door shut. Sat down right there and ate that potato !!

I stepped into his line of sight and asked him what he was doing. His eyes bugged out like a cartoon character ... he knew the gig was up LOL

So the potatoes got moved to another cupboard and we never lost another one.

Since then - as far as I know - he hasn't taken anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww .. cute !!

He normally doesn't take things.

A few years ago we had a hard time with him. He knew how to open 1 cupboard in the kitchen - only 1 even though they were all the same. In that cupboard I had a box that I kept potatoes in.

He would open that cupboard and take a potato.

One day I went to get a couple potatoes out to bake and there was only 1. I knew there were 2 in there the night before because I checked while I was planning dinner.

DH swore up and down he wasn't taking the potatoes and at that time there was only one other hungry face in our place. That's when I found out what he was doing.

So I kept an eye out and finally caught him stealing a potato. He waited until he thought nobody was looking. Walked into the kitchen .. used his tiny little paw to open the cupboard door. Reached into the box with his snoot and out he came with a potato. Then he pushed the cupboard door shut. Sat down right there and ate that potato !!

I stepped into his line of sight and asked him what he was doing. His eyes bugged out like a cartoon character ... he knew the gig was up LOL

So the potatoes got moved to another cupboard and we never lost another one.

Since then - as far as I know - he hasn't taken anything else.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I've spent the better part of yesterday and today bouncing around names for my new pup. Amongst doing other things of course.
Now I'm heading down to my buddy's house who is doing the bulk of the work on a rifle I'm playing around with and turning into a bench rest rifle.
I will stay away from BK and TB as I want to try to eat normally today.

It's an I-131 shot. It's radioactive. He isn't allowed to come home until his readings are at less than 10 microSieverts of radioactivity. :ohmy:

I had no idea. Interesting.
So they keep him in a special room and wear special clothing to take care of him while he's there?

It had better be something you don't mind shouting while outdoors in public. :(

Yeah, yeah... I don't go for knucklehead names.
I was taking care of a dog once named Bad Hair Day. Are you serious I asked the owner :wacko:

I've been trying to draw the name back to the Italian heritage, which falls right into mythology, but am probably going to go in a different direction.

How can you name a puppy until you have an idea of its personality?

Beats me. I've been doing it all my life.
I already know if I ever get an English Setter her name will be Heather. I've had that picked out since the early nineties.
Just don't ask me what's for lunch today :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom