What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, he started it. By winning, I mean my numbers were lower. You should see the blood bath when we do blood sugars in the morning.:ROFLMAO:

I just love it when someone posts something and it makes a reminder for me. Have to test my sugar. I have been trying to remember to test it at least once a day. I am so bad when it comes to testing it. Sometimes a week can go by before I remember. And I keep the glucometer right next to my bed along with the strips and lancet in full sight. I look right past it. :angel:

Now that sounds interesting! Will keep that in mind. I too love cream cheese frosting. Just never thought to flavor it! :angel:

I had heard of cream cheese frosting Addie, but I assumed it would be as bad, if not worse, than buttercream icing.

But actually, cream cheese frosting is delicious!

Mind you, I suppose it does depend how much sugar you add to it!

I made mine with Mascarpone, coffee, and icing sugar. Honestly, I was licking the bowl out! :LOL:

+1! Dueling blood pressures???

The daily ritual of taking blood pressure readings, he gets his machine out, I get mine and we GO!!! Yes, we don't share one...Shrek keeps forgetting to move the button to the second person and I get very erratic data when I upload my readings for the doctor.:rolleyes:

I am thanking the Internet and whoever invented "cream cheese frosting"!...
Katy, if you want something really yummy to put under that icing I suggest you make a Hummingbird Cake. I have an old recipe (1979) from a fundraiser cookbook and can't find the exact recipe online. However I did run across a lightened up version that I think I will try. No guarantee how this recipe turns out but it sounds good. Also, the directions tell you to pour the batter into 3 round cake pans. I would make 3 cakes in throw-away foil pans (about 7x10 inch?) and freeze two of them without the icing and make just 1/3 of a recipe worth of icing. That way if I wanted a quick dessert I had the cake part ready.

I'm listening to intermittent cat complaints. I put Shreddy in the guest room, with food, water, and a litter box. We're not supposed to sleep with him for two weeks. I don't want to wake up and find him snuggled up next to me. Well, actually I do, but I'm being cautious. Shreddy is not happy. Poor boy.

Separation Anxiety. How sweet! He'll probably "mark" all the upholstery furniture when you let him out in the morning. :ermm:
Oh dear, I hope not. His urine is radioactive. He doesn't mark upholstery, but he has been known to pee on the floor when he's ticked off. That's bad enough. I have to wear disposable gloves to clean up any messes he makes for the next two weeks. And, then it has to be flushed or put in a bag that stays outside the house for three months before going in the regular garbage. :ermm:

Kitty diapers?
2009040212170974.jpg

I just finished lunch, two Canadian bacon sandwiches and a piece of cheddar, and just walked by the front window in time to see my one neighbor standing on her porch and snapping a picture... of the septic tank pumping out their tank.
hmmm...

You have a strange neighbor pac. :LOL:

I'm stalling. I have to wash my hair. It has gotten so long it takes a while to rinse, and then to dry enough. I'm trying to get it long enough so I can donate to Locks of Love. They won't use it for wigs because of the gray, but they can sell it to offset the cost of other services. I have to get it long enough so when I do get it all cut off what is left is not really short. Like Miley Cyrus short. :ohmy:

Futzing here too. I took the afternoon off, as it's supposed to be the last warm day for awhile. Planned to dig up the stuff I want to overwinter, like rosemary, but my chair is so comfy and the court shows are on.

I'm stalling. I have to wash my hair. It has gotten so long it takes a while to rinse, and then to dry enough. I'm trying to get it long enough so I can donate to Locks of Love. They won't use it for wigs because of the gray, but they can sell it to offset the cost of other services. I have to get it long enough so when I do get it all cut off what is left is not really short. Like Miley Cyrus short. :ohmy:

I usually get a Pixie cut with the hair as close to the scalp as she can get it. I have her leave a small bangs and some shag hair at the back. Wash and wear. I love it. Right now I need a hair cut desperately. I am going next Sat. to get it all off. Last night when I took my shower, I took a look at my hair and it is a disaster. So I got out my curlers and set my hair. Good grief, it has been years and some eons since I had to set my hair. But when I combed it out this morning, it looked pretty good. My whole head is one mess of curls. I have really thick hair. The envy of my sister. It will hold this curl for about a week, before it will need to be set again. By then I will have it cut off. My hair is salt and pepper. Locks of Love does make grey wigs for women whose hair is grey. I have often thought to let it grow out to donate it.

We have a store over in Malden that specializes in wigs and breast implements for women who have cancer and have had mastectomies. The Cancer Society helps pay for the wigs if a woman can't afford the full price. A lot of insurances will pay for the special bras and other needs. Even the Susan Komen Fund. Helen works very closely with any organizations that will help a woman feel whole again. When my daughter developed a serious and debilitating case of Alepeica after the death of my youngest daughter, she had two wigs made up for her. They didn't cost her a cent. :angel:

I do! They are quite the family. They should be a movie. Maybe they already are. :LOL:

I'm taking a breather right now before starting dinner. Watching the NFL Network and thinking about how much a new puppy is going to rock my other two dogs' world. Poor poochies.

I usually get a Pixie cut with the hair as close to the scalp as she can get it. I have her leave a small bangs and some shag hair at the back. Wash and wear. I love it.....
No short hair for me anymore. I had really curly hair and Mom always made sure it was cut short once I became school-age. Looked like a stinkin' French poodle, especially when the style was to wear a little bow in the space between the hair coming down into bangs and the rest of the hair going back. *shudders* Thank goodness wearing it waist-long for years and pregnancy "messed" up the hair composition. Now I have, at most, a wrinkle. Can't even call it a wave. :LOL:

Locks of Love does make grey wigs for women whose hair is grey. I have often thought to let it grow out to donate it.....
You must be thinking of some other organization Addie. I checked the LofL website just a few days ago and it says "Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs".. Age 21 is the oldest they will donate wigs to.

Back
Top Bottom