"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #6991
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I took a half day off. Just dinking around, doing laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, mucking out the sun room, and checking on DC. Turkey day is elsewhere, so no cooking for tomorrow.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #6992
Chef Extraordinaire

We cleaned house this morning. I'm getting ready to work on some chores for tomorrow - get ingredients ready for breakfast bread pudding, microwave and dice the butternut squash, and chop the vegetables for the stuffing. Yeeks, I need to make the pumpkin pie, too! Need to start that first!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #6993
Assistant Cook

Spray the nest with a hose. They build nests under soffets bc the nest will die if they get wet.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #6994
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Kylie, I love the relationship you and your mum have. My mom and I were very close. My Hubby also had a fantastic relationship with my mom. In fact when he stood up and talked at her funeral he teased about the fact that he was her favorite. You see, she was good at making everyone feel so special, and and some point everyone got to be her favorite. Thanks for sharing your stories of doing things with your mum. I love hearing them. My mom has been gone nearly 2 years now, and I couldn't miss her any more.
Thank you Chops

That is great that you and your mum were close too and I know how much you must miss her. When I lost my dad, it killed me and 12 years later I still get emotional when I think of him, which is often. I know with a mum it would be devastating as mum's are very special too and that bond between mum and daughter is very strong

I hope you are doing OK Chops big hug xxx
Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #6995
Chef Extraordinaire

I went for my eye appointment today. They are going to do the right eye at the end of December. My eye surgeon said I am healing beautifully. It seems that there is another person in the computer with the same name. Only she is 20 years old. When I checked in, the girl was looking at me strangely. Then she asked me for my birthday. I know in a big city, there can often be folks with the same name. But it is making me suspicious.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #6996
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Kylie, I love the relationship you and your mum have. My mom and I were very close. My Hubby also had a fantastic relationship with my mom. In fact when he stood up and talked at her funeral he teased about the fact that he was her favorite. You see, she was good at making everyone feel so special, and and some point everyone got to be her favorite. Thanks for sharing your stories of doing things with your mum. I love hearing them. My mom has been gone nearly 2 years now, and I couldn't miss her any more.
It's rough isn't it when you lose someone dear who has that special magic my mother had it too. Hy dh said many times of all our parents inclucing his mom that he would pick my mom as a live in with us because she was so good natured and pleasent and ok lets have fun. And she was. God help us when she becan to slip and got dementia. But you know what he still loved her dearly and sood and cried when she passed. It's been 6 years and he still misses her as do I. Hang on to the wonderful memories your growing now they will last you a life time.
kades
Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #6997
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969
Today I went to the shops again, gee it is getting busy out there!

I bought some new kitchen canisters, the same ones that we bought for mum for Christmas yesterday...I liked them so much I had to have some too

I also bought mum another present, a novel called Fifty Shades of Grey

Also another present for mum to give me, a set of Pepper and Salt Mills..they were $50.00 for the pair and really good quality

Them mum came over this afternoon for coffee
Fifty shades of grey.... Interesting
Old 11-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #6998
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969

I hope you are doing OK Chops big hug xxx
I'm ok. It is just a tough time of year with holiday baking and all. She gave me the gift of baking and cooking. Thanks for caring.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #6999
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm ok. It is just a tough time of year with holiday baking and all. She gave me the gift of baking and cooking. Thanks for caring.
I know, this time of the year is when we think of lost loved ones the most!

That is so wonderful that you received the wonderful gift of baking and cooking from your dear mum
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #7000
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
Fifty shades of grey.... Interesting
Yes, I thought that too L2Q

Mum said that she wouldnt mind it and told me it was a bit "naughty"...a bit , from the review of it I read on the wiki...it is a lot naughty