What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No short hair for me anymore. I had really curly hair and Mom always made sure it was cut short once I became school-age. Looked like a stinkin' French poodle, especially when the style was to wear a little bow in the space between the hair coming down into bangs and the rest of the hair going back. *shudders* Thank goodness wearing it waist-long for years and pregnancy "messed" up the hair composition. Now I have, at most, a wrinkle. Can't even call it a wave. :LOL:

You must be thinking of some other organization Addie. I checked the LofL website just a few days ago and it says "Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs".. Age 21 is the oldest they will donate wigs to.

Mom got two free wigs not too long ago...I just wore hats and scarves, but they were offered free to me, too. Once I could, I grew my hair out long twice to replace the wigs my Mom got.

Never had short hair. Don't care for it. To me, it's so much easier to pull it up off my neck and out of the way when it gets hot or I'm doing something that it might interfere with.

A few years ago I could sit on my hair, but had it cut and donated it to Locks of Love. I sent them quite a bundle and I was pleasantly surprised whenI received a lovely thank you note from them.

Right now my hair is about mid-back and I intend to let it continue growing. It's really convenient to loosely braid it and tuck it under the helmet when we ride our Harley. I never have any tangles.

As for what I'm doing, looks like I'm flying solo today as Glenn just left to go help his son with a new (huge) garage building he's finishing. So I'll do some things that I can really get my elbows up into.

I've been refining things in my studio and also plowing, and plowing is the appropriate word here, through boxes of things I moved here when Glenn and I married. As I go through some of the stuff I question my wisdom as to why I even bothered to take some of the things along. Sheesh!

One thing I know I'm going to do is to go through my scrap yarn stash and pick out the largest and prettiest hanks. I'm making a ton of doll clothes for Glenn's granddaughters this Christmas for their American Girl dolls.

I discovered several Internet sites that had free patterns for assorted knitted goodies and I can't wait to get my needles flying. The garments won't take long because their so small and they're something I can enjoy doing as I watch TV.

The rest of the day, well...we'll see where and how the spirit moves me.

Last edited:
No short hair for me anymore. I had really curly hair and Mom always made sure it was cut short once I became school-age. Looked like a stinkin' French poodle, especially when the style was to wear a little bow in the space between the hair coming down into bangs and the rest of the hair going back. *shudders* Thank goodness wearing it waist-long for years and pregnancy "messed" up the hair composition. Now I have, at most, a wrinkle. Can't even call it a wave. :LOL:
I have had long hair most of my life. It has been straight most of my life. Imagine my surprise when I had it short and it got curly on a humid day.

I like it both long and short. Short just requires more trips to the hair dresser than I want to make. I have a wonderful stylist in Montreal. It's a half hour drive and then a hassle finding a parking spot, so I don't go often. I have tried other hair dressers, but only ever found one I could stand, and he's in Montreal too.

As Katie wrote, long hair is convenient. It's so easy to tie it back or put it a braid. Short hair is easy to wash and dry, but you have to keep going to the hairdresser or it gets shaggy and gets in your eyes and face and isn't long enough to tie back yet. I often put it in a French braid, but leave the bottom unbraided, like a ponytail, 'cause I'm lazy and my arms get tired from braiding. The French braid really keeps the hair in front/on top in place.

I have fine hair, but lots and lots of them. It takes two hours to air dry my hair, even when it's short. :wacko: "Wash and go" only works in warm weather. Put a hat on it before it's completely dry and oh dear, it's gonna look weird.

I've always had long hair too, at times long enough to sit on. Very easy to take care of. DH is my hairdresser, and does trims, we save a lot of money that way. At home, I wear it up in a clip.

I really miss my long hair. It was waist length when I had my stroke. Afterwards, the right side of my head was shaved and the rest of my hair was in several gooey mats. Impossible to fix, so I had to whack it off. I've almost never had my hair short, and have to wait for it to grow out. It's been 5 months and the shaved hair side is only about 2" long. It will be awhile before I can get it cut so everything can grow in together. ARGHhhhh!

I should get up & get moving, I would rather sit on the computor most of the day though. The daughter( 14) & I need to get up & get the house cleaned. Our foreign exchange student from Germany arrives today at 5 20. She is about as motivated as I am today, which isn't saying much.

You must be thinking of some other organization Addie. I checked the LofL website just a few days ago and it says "Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs".. Age 21 is the oldest they will donate wigs to.

Thank you for the correction. I do know that Helen works with a lot of different organizations that assist women who have gone through the horrors of cancer and have lost their hair do to chemotherapy.

Fortunately my daughter is on pills for her chemo. IV chemo and radiation treatments are not a suitable treatment for brain cancer. The radiation alone would fry her brain. And they were able to remove enough of the tumor in the initial surgery, that IV chemo was not a suitable choice. :angel:

I always think I'm going to grow it out this time, but then my fingers get itchy towards the scissors to lop off the bangs. I end up going and having it restyled. I'm getting close to that point again. I hate messing with it.

I always think I'm going to grow it out this time, but then my fingers get itchy towards the scissors to lop off the bangs. I end up going and having it restyled. I'm getting close to that point again. I hate messing with it.
When I grew my hair out from short, I told my stylist that I wanted to grow it out, so please give me a cut that would work for that. I had a few cuts for that. It took a bit longer to grow out, but it never got that "need a haircut" look.

My hair definitely has that "need a haircut" look, and will for quite a while. I sort of have bangs, but I have to let that grow to cover a couple of bald spots!!:ohmy::mad:

My hair definitely has that "need a haircut" look, and will for quite a while. I sort of have bangs, but I have to let that grow to cover a couple of bald spots!!:ohmy::mad:

I think it was much easier to deal with the old cue ball than patchy hair. I ended up going all bald until it all started growing out.

When Mom lost her hair, Dad and my brother both shaved their heads in support, with Dad shaving Mom's head, because it was his job to do so. At least that's how he felt about it, he did it out of love.:wub:

We just got back from the marina. The boat got hoisted out of the water this morning and we have her all blocked up for the winter. Just have to go back up on Monday and strip off all the canvas and she will be ready for shrink wrapping on Tuesday. Another season has come to an end.:unhappy:

Starting some of GG's Chicken Minestrone soup! Beans have been soaking, just got the chicken carcass going. The house smells good.

It was the day before my wedding to my first husband. I had red hair down to just below my backside. I was on my way to the bakery to check on the cake when I my ran into my hubby to be. He asked me what was I going to do with my hair. I told him not to worry. I had made an appointment. The next time he saw me was coming down the aisle and my hair was short. Above my ears. He went through the ceremony with a look of shock on his face. I had it all cut off and sold it. I HATED having red hair. :angel:

One advantage of hair long enough to pull back or up is that if you have to squeak one more day out of it you can get away with washing just the part. :whistling

.... and plowing is the appropriate word here, through boxes of things I moved here when Glenn and I married. As I go through some of the stuff I question my wisdom as to why I even bothered to take some of the things along. Sheesh!.....
^THAT^ is what I should be doing. Instead I'm doing nothing. But I DID do some things today, so it's OK to goof off.;) Finally washed the window and sill over the kitchen sink, and gave it a new valance. A run of the dishwasher and a load of clothes. Gee, I almost FEEL like I got some things accomplished! We might go for a drive so that Himself can set up the new cell phone he just got (we're switching plans and he's doing a lot of the set up himself) since the signal out by us is too weak for the tower to recognize the phone number we were assigned. Except the weather is "yuck" today. We'll see..

It was the day before my wedding to my first husband. I had red hair down to just below my backside. I was on my way to the bakery to check on the cake when I my ran into my hubby to be. He asked me what was I going to do with my hair. I told him not to worry. I had made an appointment. The next time he saw me was coming down the aisle and my hair was short. Above my ears. He went through the ceremony with a look of shock on his face. I had it all cut off and sold it. I HATED having red hair. :angel:
Himself warned me (jokingly, I hope) that if I showed up at the altar with short hair OR my hair done "up" he'd walk out the side door of the church. Didn't test him on his threat. :LOL:

Himself warned me (jokingly, I hope) that if I showed up at the altar with short hair OR my hair done "up" he'd walk out the side door of the church. Didn't test him on his threat. :LOL:

What is it with men and long hair? Do they still think they can drag us off by our hair to their cave? I just figure, it is my hair, my job to take care of it, my decision to cut or not to cut. Besides I don't look good in long hair. I am too short. :angel:

Shrek at one point wanted my hair long...I told him I would do it, but he had to take care of it. And he did, washing and combing daily. That "do" got messed up when I let a hairdresser talk me into a spiral perm, she cut almost a foot of hair off and then permed it. I looked like I had dreadlocks.

What is it with men and long hair? Do they still think they can drag us off by our hair to their cave? I just figure, it is my hair, my job to take care of it, my decision to cut or not to cut. Besides I don't look good in long hair. I am too short. :angel:

In Shrek's case it's because he doesn't have any hair...:ROFLMAO:

A friend, who had nice, thick shoulder-length hair, came back from a cruise with her hair totally butchered, as in crew cut. We met her and her husband for dinner, and it was all I could do to not comment. (Actually, I did gasp and say, "What did you do?") She's a big lady, and really needs hair to balance her face and body. Her 'do reminded me of Baby Huey.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom