What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. I was at my previous company for just short of 21 years.

Luckily, in Britain (and I know this is not often the case in the US), you get a pay off when you are made redundant. (Redundant means the company cannot afford to keep you on. It does not mean you are a bad employee.)

What's the situation in Canada TL?
Many companies do make a pay out, if the employee has been there a long time. Sometimes they offer a pay out and see who wants to take it.

Many companies do make a pay out, if the employee has been there a long time. Sometimes they offer a pay out and see who wants to take it.

That is very similar to the UK TL. (Though not really what happened in my situation).

Anyway, goodnight!

Think of me as a George Clooney look-alike but with a lot less money.

...and older

...and heavier

...and not as good looking.

But other than that, you can't tell us apart. :angel:

:wub: You just gotta luv him! And like Clooney, he has an impish sense of humor. :angel:

Good Luck, Katy! You'll be fine! Double check for toothpaste on your face before you leave the house.

I got a job once and I had toothpaste on my face for the whole interview...I about died when I got home and noticed.:rolleyes:
Give yourself a big smile in the mirror before you leave. Don't want any pieces of your last meal stuck between your teeth! :ermm:

Had a teacher in high school who told us of a dating adventure. She went out with a very nice man to a quality restaurant and had a delightful evening. Smiled at him constantly. Wanted him be to sure he knew she was enjoying his company. After a rather brief "goodnight" at her door she went in to get ready for bed...and discovered a large bit of broccoli greens stuck between her teeth! :ohmy: Sadly, he never called her back...

Hope everything went well with your interview Katy! And good luck on Wednesday too.

Think of me as a George Clooney look-alike but with a lot less money.

...and older

...and heavier

...and not as good looking.

But other than that, you can't tell us apart. :angel:

I think of Booker from Rosanne or Matt Stevens from Return of the Killer Tomatoes, just a guy with a job. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It took a long time for him to perfect that image of old Hollywood royalty that he does so well.

Unfortunately, in the majority of professional offices in this country, sandals are not an approved item of shoe wear. No open toes. I guess someone doesn't like looking at ugly toes. :angel:

I'm guessing it's been a while since you've been in a professional office, other than medical ones, Addie ;) Especially in the South, where temps get quite high, it's common for women to wear sandals, and even flip flops, to work. A good pedicure is practically a required accessory.

Best of luck, Katy!

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's been a while since you've been in a professional office, other than medical ones, Addie ;) Especially in the South, where temps get quite high, it's common for women to wear sandals, and even flip flops, to work. A good pedicure is practically a required accessory.

Best of luck, Katy!

You will be sent home to change your sandals to appropriate foot wear. And it will go on your record. Boston still hangs onto the old rules. :angel:

Are you chastising me? :angel:

No. I'm gently chiding you :) You have this habit of saying things like "we at DC" and "in this country" when stating your opinions, as if you speak for all of us, or as if everyone in this country does this or thinks that when it's simply not true. So I'm suggesting you just speak for yourself so people don't get the wrong idea.

Doing something I should've done nearly 4 years ago. Editing and printing our wedding pictures.

A dear friend, who attended our wedding, took loads of pictures and generously made a video disk program (with music) of some of the photos and also put all photos on a separate disk so we could edit/print as we wished.

Well, that's what I've been doing since last night. I'm almost done and am looking forward to putting them in a beautiful album another friend gave us as a wedding gift.

It's been wonderful reliving that day again. Everything about it was perfect.

That sounds like such a happy project to be working on Katie! A little music in the background, a plate of wedding dinner foods, and it will be like being there all over again.

You will be sent home to change your sandals to appropriate foot wear. And it will go on your record. Boston still hangs onto the old rules. :angel:

Okay. Just don't say "in this country" when you're speaking only about Boston. It's confusing for our overseas friends :)
Besides Addie, for those of us not born or reared around these parts, Boston IS "another country". :wacko: I know I know, danged foreigners. Well that's me, a danged Ohio born-and-bred foreigner! :LOL:

Besides Addie, for those of us not born or reared around these parts, Boston IS "another country". :wacko: I know I know, danged foreigners. Well that's me, a danged Ohio born-and-bred foreigner! :LOL:

Do they have a name for you?
Where I live I am called a "transplant".
And god forbid I would have grown up in the city of Erie :LOL:
They frown upon those people with great disdain.

Back
Top Bottom