What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diagnosed about sixteen years. i think looking back i had it before that, just was never checked. i take both quick acting insulin and lantus. pretty much under control. how long have you?

About 14 years. Right after I lost my daughter, I had an appointment with my doctor to see if I might benefit from a tranquilizer. While I was there she had a A1c done. I left her office, ran some errands and it was about five hours later I got home. The phone was ringing off the hook. It was the doctor in charge of the diabetic clinic. He wanted to send an ambulance for me. My sugar was in the 400. My sister drove me to the nearest ER in the next town over. They gave me a shot of insulin and kept me there for the next hour to see if my sugar went down. I was there for more than three hours and two more shots. The next morning I was back at my doctors office. :ohmy:

[/COLOR] [/B]

That is how I used to justify spending the extra money on lemons for my Iced Tea.;)

I buy lemons and then look to Alix for inspiration, usually lemon bars. :yum:

Lemon bars remind me of my mother, she always made them for the Sunday coffee hour at her church. :angel:

I buy lemons and then look to Alix for inspiration, usually lemon bars. :yum:

Lemon bars remind me of my mother, she always made them for the Sunday coffee hour at her church. :angel:

High praise indeed! Thanks Aunt Bea. I'm always a little thrilled and humbled when folks like my recipes.

I'm sitting in my chair, fire blazing in the fireplace, cup of mulled wine at hand, Kindle beside me and laptop fired up. I'm NOT going outside again! Its freaking freezing out there.

I am feeling relieved tonight. DH got his pathology report back today & all is clear. Thank you to all for your prayers & best wishes.

simonbaker said:
I am feeling relieved tonight. DH got his pathology report back today & all is clear. Thank you to all for your prayers & best wishes.

Yes! Wonderful news, SB!

Last edited:
Took apart an old salt water aquarium today. Built an oak work bench to take it's place. Looked at the raging creek. Saw a fire that I think was caused by a car wreck... the fire dept really should have had a fire truck with them... Picked up a few things. The health of me and mine is fine.

I had it pointed out that Patron and I have the same color hair...

Attachments

• red hair 2.jpg
    red hair 2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 164
feeling really good about all the chores i got done today. won't bore you with a list but it was long. had lots of energy , which is not usually the case. going to wash up a few dishes. then pile into bed with electric blanket on and read and watch a little t.v.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I had it pointed out that Patron and I have the same color hair...

Close. Are you related?

He looks so stressed, PF. (not)

Is that Myrtle's sweater?!? Aha!

Last edited:
Close. Are you related?

He looks so stressed, PF. (not)

Is that Myrtle's sweater?!? Aha!

He looks droopy eyed because he has learned to anticipate the flash on the camera...:LOL:

He not only had to wear his sweater today but his coat too, to go outside. Poor thing could hardly move! We had a good day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom