What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Veterinarians are definitely greed oriented in the states now. I know I've alluded to that many times. Probably too many, lol.

I guess I got lucky with our vet, as well as with my excellent doctors :) Our 18-year-old cat likely has hypothyroid disease, but since she's so old, the vet sort of suggested, and we had already decided, that we didn't want heroic measures taken; we just want her to be reasonably healthy and happy. So we did not have her tested and are not forcing expensive meds down her throat. She's mostly an indoor cat, so he also put in her record that, although she was due for a rabies shot, she needed to be more recovered before she received it. I had taken her in because she had a cut on one of her flanks. She's fine now.

My regular vet sold off his practice and retired a year ago. He said he was tired of arguing with all the younger vets who are being taught what he called "defensive medicine" these days. Even if they know what is wrong they want to run a bunch of tests first before they treat the pet.
There's one outfit who goes around buying out other vets. They themselves are just businessmen, not veterinarians. The individual practices they own have weekly meetings on how to raise revenue. Not better care for the pets, but make more money. And they wonder why fewer and fewer people are keeping up with anything when it comes to their pets.

I'm sitting here watching infomercials. There's never anything good on Saturday mornings...

Have your tried watching the pet channel? Even in desperation? Oh Lord, I need a life. You are right. There is nothing on Saturday morning. And Friday night. :angel:

Katy's kitty is a kutie, isn't (s)he?

I never took our first cat to the vet except when she adopted us (sitting on our deck looking in at us - got her a check-up, then spaying) till when we moved 10 years later. And that was to get something to relax her when we drove straight from OH to MA. She was a very healthy 17 when the dog next door murdered her...:cry:

This one? Seems like every time I've HAD to take her to the vet it's "she needs this, you have to buy this" including the time she was in for FOUR days and they still didn't know what was wrong. I ended up taking her home and nursing her by instinct instead of doctor's orders...and she got well. Had I done it the vet's way I would have been giving her pain meds every four hours - and she was not in pain! They just wanted to keep her drugged. That's when I changed vets. I've taken her back only when she needed to see a vet because of a UTI. Otherwise I use my Mom sense. :LOL:

A girl Scout leader I know told this story.

Her daughter's little hamster was feeling sick. The child was crying. So off they go to the vets. He had no idea and his suggestion was that he would put it down and they could buy another one. Her child was crying. The mother decided to bring it home and let it die there. But in desperation she gave the hamster some Pepto Bismol with an eye dropper. What was the worse that could happen. An hour later the hamster was running on his wheel. She called the vet and told him to add Pepto Bismol to his medications instead of expensive advice. :angel:

Have your tried watching the pet channel? Even in desperation? Oh Lord, I need a life. You are right. There is nothing on Saturday morning. And Friday night. :angel:

Animal Planet? Do they even have pet shows anymore or is it all reality now?
Actually I was subconsciously hoping to run into an infomercial for toaster ovens :LOL:

Animal Planet? Do they even have pet shows anymore or is it all reality now?
Actually I was subconsciously hoping to run into an infomercial for toaster ovens :LOL:

I used to enjoy watching the dog shows. But they stopped showing them. Now it is only the big one at Madison Garden.

Still dreaming of that toaster oven? I say, give yourself a present. You deserve it. Ads for them keep popping up on my screen.

Funny thing is, I just switched from IE10 back to 9 and the banner ads are no longer tracking me.

OK, they found me again :ermm:

I'm off to the grocery store in the city. I need some prawns, bucatini, bangers and a couple tins of stewed tomatoes.
Gawd what's become of me :LOL:

OK, they found me again :ermm:

I'm off to the grocery store in the city. I need some prawns, bucatini, bangers and a couple tins of stewed tomatoes.
Gawd what's become of me :LOL:

Nothing is wrong with you. You are fine just the way you are. Happy shopping. :angel:

I just got back from the hairdresser's and I am almost bald. I feel like she cut ten pounds off.

Then I grabbed the food donations for the food bank and ran then to the church. In exchange, they gave me two cans of pumpkin for the pumpkin squares that I am going to make for the Fair next month.

I need to make a pot of fresh coffee. Busy day planned. Coffee is my gogo juice.

My daughter was going to take me to lunch after I got my hair cut. We got in the car and she started to feel sick from the chemo. So I immediately scratch that idea for her. She didn't have to say it. I feel so helpless. I can't even kiss her booboo and make it all go away. :angel:

The Ogre just woke up, waiting for him to decide he wants breakfast. He's especially growly this morning, I'm going to suggest a pain pill.

Planning my trip to the store and haircut.

The whole concept is disturbing.

Then you don't ever want to work on a ranch. All hands have to help when it is time to round up the young bulls for branding and castrating. Right out there in the fields. They do the same for any colts born. One stallion to a ranch. Then he goes and a new blood line is brought in. Oh just lots of fun to watch. :angel:

No bucatini. They had cappelini, but that looked just like regular spaghetti, so I bought some linguni from Italy. It will be interesting to see if it's any different than the usual boxed stuff.

Got any "happy pills" laying around the house? If you do give him a dose or two. :angel:

I was thinking about using the rubber mallet...It would make ME happy. I asked him if he was hurting, he about bit my head off. Told him to take a pain pill..."Quit nursing me, I'd like to get a cup of coffee first!:mad:"

O-kay! I'm off to go shopping for a few hours, let him grump by himself.

Watching netflix and smelling a wonderful dinner in the oven.

The other half was supposed to be gaming a 1/2 hour away today. I checked his oil and told him that he couldn't leave until I got some oil for his car. I've been bugging him for months to take his car into the shop for an oil change and a checkup. :mad: He decided to skip the gaming all together even though I told him to use my car.

His car is going on 10 years old, only has 70,000 miles on it, and it drives me nuts that he won't take the time to take care of it. I guess that will be my job, sitting in the shop on my day off.......

Anything good on Netflix?
Your AB chicken sounded good. I bet some small potatoes like fingerlings layed in the DO would come out just right.

A friend and neighbor who is divorcing another friend and neighbor was over. Much venting. I just listened and fed her a bit. :(

Last edited:
Anything good on Netflix?
Your AB chicken sounded good. I bet some small potatoes like fingerlings layed in the DO would come out just right.

Not really.. Rob finds the most obscure things and even if they aren't good, he often watches them through, :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom