What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching netflix and smelling a wonderful dinner in the oven.

The other half was supposed to be gaming a 1/2 hour away today. I checked his oil and told him that he couldn't leave until I got some oil for his car. I've been bugging him for months to take his car into the shop for an oil change and a checkup. :mad: He decided to skip the gaming all together even though I told him to use my car.

His car is going on 10 years old, only has 70,000 miles on it, and it drives me nuts that he won't take the time to take care of it. I guess that will be my job, sitting in the shop on my day off.......

That is what a newly wed spouse does. Looks after the other one's interest. Even in New Jersey! :angel:

I just woke up from a real good deep nap. I had a small bit of vertigo. Took my pills along with some pain pills and had a really good sleep. Feeling great now! No arse aches. :angel:

Too bad, BC. I was looking for a good movie recommendation.
Here I sit watching Heartbreak Ridge for the umpteenth time.

Too bad, BC. I was looking for a good movie recommendation.
Here I sit watching Heartbreak Ridge for the umpteenth time.

I know it just came out on DVD, if you get a chance, watch The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Really good and hysterical.

The Heat. I'll watch for it.

Grenada, Addie. It was more about Gunny Highwayman than the conflict though.

I am thinking very hard of how to serve my new country. I could join the military after college and be of the National Guard or the Army Reserve. I could write a nice book for new Americans and immigrants to help them of receiving citizenship and to understand their new country. I desire to be a journalist and I could perhaps report of immigrants who go a mile above to succeed in America.

I do know I want to do something of to help orphans and elder people and animals.

And I do know I shall not have my own children if one day I am married. Like Mamma and Papa, I shall adopt as many children as I can afford of.

America is so very full of the most wonderful opportunities and the greatest of challenges! I want to be a good citizen the most of all.

I am certain all of you have had to think of these things also. These are such very important things! May I ask of what you all have done when faced of these very serious matters?

With love,
~Cat

The Heat. I'll watch for it.

Grenada, Addie. It was more about Gunny Highwayman than the conflict though.

I am thinking about a hill in Korea that was lost and regained a couple of times at a high cost of lives. Gregory Peck was one of the stars. Based on true facts. Hmmm.....:angel:

That's where the movie got its name because Clint said he went to "Heartbreak Ridge" when asked about what college he attended, but it's about training him Marines who go to Grenada.

Just got home from a very long 3 days of work, we got through all of the caterings. Yeah!! Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

Got home from dinner with friends. I had been recording the Red Sox game and was able to watch it from the beginning. What a great finish!

Red Sox are going to the World Series!!!!!!!

I'm nursing a headache. Guess I'm still worn out from cheering through a really exciting game on Saturday. Got a little worried when we started out on the losing end of the score, but then took the lead midway during the 3rd quarter, leading for good just a few minutes into the 4th. Ohio State beats the Hawkeyes 34-24 to hand Urban Meyer his 19th consecutive win! :w00t:

Trying to wake up...I have a normal blood sugar and am very happy about that!

That is a great way to start the day!

I would not be too concerned if it runs a little high in the morning. First thing in the morning your body tends to gear up for the day and any stored "sugar" is released to get you moving. Sometimes my fasting blood sugar runs 15 or 20 points higher than it should. This is a weird disease, just when you think you have it down to a routine your body can toss you a curve or in my case a new wrinkle! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
That is a great way to start the day!

I would not be too concerned if it runs a little high in the morning. First thing in the morning your body tends to gear up for the day and any stored "sugar" is released to get you moving. Sometimes my fasting blood sugar runs 15 or 20 points higher than it should. This is a weird disease, just when you think you have it down to a routine your body can toss you a curve or in my case a new wrinkle! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh, I know! But I had a handle on it and was doing great with FBS between 90 and 110 for a long time with diet and Victoza. Then it started creeping up and I ended up back on metformin, high dose Victoza and more cholesterol medications. I was still trending up...

I got a sinus infection and the Urgent care doc put me on high dose antibiotic for 20 days...my blood sugars are starting to bottom out on me. I think the whole time I had an underlying infection of some sort, that is now abating with the antibiotic. And I have been feeling better overall with more energy than I have had in ages.:)

Putting my feet up and taking "5" before I decide what project I want to do next.

I spent the greater part of the morning moving plants from the outside to indoors in anticipation of cooler/colder temperatures.

I accumulated many new plants this summer and some of my established plants had "babies" so I have way more than last year. I wound up assembling my indoor greenhouse and placing it at one of my front studio windows. I used to use the greenhouse in my big old house that Buck and I lived in because I had so many plants there, too.

After I got the greenhouse situated and put what, so far, plants I want there, Bella and I planted pansies in the window boxes at each of the three studio windows and replaced the portulaca (moss rose) in the two strawberry pots that flank the outside corners of the studio with pansies, too. I can't wait to see their smiling faces peeking out of the strawberry pot balconies.

I took the dusty miller out of the window boxes, put it in several pots and will propagate it during the winter for spring planting. Looks like I'll have the greenhouse filled in no time.

I still have a few plants to bring in and am on the fence about bringing two in because they're so large. I'm formulating a way to allow them to stay outside with little or no adverse effects.

It's such a beautiful day here - sunny, about 65F, clear, light breeze, next to no humidity - that I don't want to waste it being inside more than necessary.

Doing garden work here too, in anticipation of the upcoming frosts. Pulling up the toms and cukes. I'll have to dig up Alix's green tomato mincemeat recipe, made it last year and it was outstanding.

Hmm, just saw Somebunny's green tomato mincemeat, may make a combo of both!

Last edited:
Just finished making a batch of salsa verde with the volunteer tomatillos. It's good, but not as good as my Mexican neighbors, I will have to get some pointers from her. Also whipped up a batch of ginger snaps, dough is chilling and I will bake them after dinner, speaking of, its almost time to get started on that. DH changed the dinner plans and as requested stir-fry.

Back
Top Bottom