What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am putting up Halloween decorations in my lair. I have decorated the main floor also. It looks nice!

I did not tell DA of her new welcome mat. It has ghosts on it and it farts when it is stepped upon. This will be very much fun!

With love,
~Cat

I am going to bed.

Which is very upsetting since I'll miss all the fun! :(

But, I'll be back tomorrow and will try to catch up. :)

Goodnight all.

Katy x

Back already, got in 15 min early and was back in the car on my way home 10 min before my appointment time at 8. Next appointment at 10...it's annual day.

Back already, got in 15 min early and was back in the car on my way home 10 min before my appointment time at 8. Next appointment at 10...it's annual day.

I have done that. I am only ten minutes away from where all my appointments are. Winthrop schedules my pickup an hour before my appointment. For early morning ones, I am in and out in less than 20 minutes. :angel:

I mowed the yard earlier today. Hopefully for the last time. The battery was dead in the lawn mower and needed a jump. I suppose that means I will need a new battery. It's never gone dead before, even only running the mower a few times over winter.
And my toaster oven came in a day early. It's sitting in it's spot all plugged in. It's a LOT smaller than I thought it would be. I pressed some buttons and turned some knobs and decided I better read the owners' manual. I'm not quite sure what the snowflake button does. I'm hoping the manual is in forty languages. I've never seen a toaster oven operating manual so thick before. But then I don't think I've ever seen a toaster oven operating manual period before.

I mowed the yard earlier today. Hopefully for the last time. The battery was dead in the lawn mower and needed a jump. I suppose that means I will need a new battery. It's never gone dead before, even only running the mower a few times over winter.
And my toaster oven came in a day early. It's sitting in it's spot all plugged in. It's a LOT smaller than I thought it would be. I pressed some buttons and turned some knobs and decided I better read the owners' manual. I'm not quite sure what the snowflake button does. I'm hoping the manual is in forty languages. I've never seen a toaster oven operating manual so thick before. But then I don't think I've ever seen a toaster oven operating manual period before.

What kind of toaster oven, Pac? I'm looking for a good small one. The one I have only has dials and occasionally sticks in the on position, but it is nice and small.

Last edited:
What kind of toaster oven, Pac? I'm looking for a good small one. The one I have only has dials and occasionally sticks in the on position, but it is nice and small.

Zhiz, if you're looking for small, I just got the Breville Mini, a smaller version of what Pac got. Have been playing with it, and it fits great on the counter and seems perfect for 1or 2 people.

Yes, I ended up with the Breville Compact, like my toaster oven thread said. I'm making croutons as we speak. Whoo-Hoo.
The settings are probably more technical than I needed. I'm not sure about this warm up stuff... I already had my own internal clock for that, but it seems kind of neat.

You guys aren't allowed to use that phrase anyway. Cleveland Indians' fans have had a lock on that phrase since 1949. ;) And I won't even start up about longer-suffering Cubbies fans...

Ah, but look at the long time we did have to use it starting 1919 or somewhere around that year.

So true. The Cubs fans deserve a medal for their undying support and hope for a miracle. Maybe someday. After all Boston got their miracle. So you know it can happen. :angel:

Yes, I ended up with the Breville Compact, like my toaster oven thread said. I'm making croutons as we speak. Whoo-Hoo.
The settings are probably more technical than I needed. I'm not sure about this warm up stuff... I already had my own internal clock for that, but it seems kind of neat.

You will tame it.

You will tame it.

Quick question then.
The first batch was done. The timer had run out. I hurried up and got another batch ready while the oven was still hot and it took me twenty minutes to get the oven back on :wacko:

After much fooling around; will the oven only run when the last thing you set is the timer? It didn't seem to be doing anything with the temp diplayed, even in red, but when I reset the timer and just left it alone for a while it finally started counting down. And I know it must have had to reheat by then, but it didn't say it preheating.

It should start counting down once it's at temp. I haven't yet, used mine to do a second pan or dish so I hadn't noticed a delay between cycles. I do know it cools quickly. Sorry not much help.

Back
Top Bottom