What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just put out a large garbage bag of old winter coats and other stuff that doesn't fit anymore. It's going to the Diabetes Foundation. They claim that they send the crappy stuff to fibre recycling.

Before supper it was, "Calling Taxlady for radioactive cleanup." Shreddy had horked in Stirling's office, so for cleanup I have to wear disposable gloves and toss everything in the "radioactive bag". That's the one that has to sit in the yard for three months before it goes into the regular garbage.

I think cats like to hork. :ermm::LOL: This one had a hairball. He has actually been horking less than usual, thank goodness.

The vet clinic called me on 10 October at 13h56 to say his radiation level was down to 6 microSieverts/ hour. That means at 14h00 on Wednesday, the day after tomorrow, I can snuggle with Shreddy as much we want to. w00t!

Oops, not at those prices!

Mine still works, it's just that I have to stay in the kitchen while it's on, for safety's sake.

I agree, Z, but I am easliy persuaded by 4.5 star reviews, lol.
I will say, it dried and toasted my croutons perfectly :rolleyes:

Perfect croutons are great pac! Don't know what the new toy cost, but I'm probably glad Himself is perfectly happy with the bags of them at the grocery store. 99 cents. I don't eat them...UNLESS we're at Ruby Tuesday's. Their croutons rock!

I just finished watching the prettiest sky as the sun set over our hill. Rosy stripes alternating with pale blue. Missing the stars in the upper left corner - otherwise I could have sung the Star-Spangled Banner!
united-states-flag.gif

Perfect croutons are great pac! Don't know what the new toy cost, but I'm probably glad Himself is perfectly happy with the bags of them at the grocery store. 99 cents. I don't eat them...UNLESS we're at Ruby Tuesday's. Their croutons rock!

I just finished watching the prettiest sky as the sun set over our hill. Rosy stripes alternating with pale blue. Missing the stars in the upper left corner - otherwise I could have sung the Star-Spangled Banner!
united-states-flag.gif

Aw, that would have been a nice pic to see CG! I love a pretty sky! :)

I used to buy them, too, CG, but then I found out that making croutons is a great way to use up French bread before the mold hits it. And they work well in French onion soup besides salads... or like last night, to snack on a few.

I'm starting to make lasagna for 35 for Friday night's dinner. Sauce today, assembly tomorrow. I've never made this much before. I hope my pot is big enough :LOL:

I just got back from the vet. Kimber was in for her second series of shots (first with me). I had an interesting conversation with my new vet.
Right now I'm thinking of going shooting while it isn't raining. It's been raining so much lately it's pathetic, but the sun just poked out... oops, there it goes again...

I'm starting to make lasagna for 35 for Friday night's dinner. Sauce today, assembly tomorrow. I've never made this much before. I hope my pot is big enough :LOL:

GG, one of the tricks I learned many years ago from an old Nonni was when you are assembling the strips of the lasagna pieces, make each layer go in the opposite direction from the previous one. The first layer the length of the pan, put your fillings on and the lay the lasagna strips for the next layer across. The reason for doing it this way is that when you go to cut and serve it, it stays together better. It will cut square and will stay that way without all the filling dripping out. It will make a better presentation on the plate. :angel:

I just got back from the vet. Kimber was in for her second series of shots (first with me). I had an interesting conversation with my new vet.
Right now I'm thinking of going shooting while it isn't raining. It's been raining so much lately it's pathetic, but the sun just poked out... oops, there it goes again...

Pac, the secret to making the sun stay out is not to think of his name as Sun. Call him Nus. The Nus is very shy and doesn't like to come out when you call him by his given name. Nus doesn't realize that it is just his real name backwards. So don't tell him.

Okay, time for me to take my medicine. Nurse Cratchet is waiting. :angel:

Bella and I just rolled the trash can down to the end of the driveway, then emptied the mailbox. Glad I didn't just go to get the mail. It would've been an almost useless trip.

In a couple of minutes, I'm headed to my studio to, finally, sew a seam in the pocket of a lounge dress/robe I wear when we watch TV at night. I've had it for ages and when it was manufactured, about an inch of the applied pocked was misstitched and there has been an opening there. I never remember to fix it until I have the garment on. I said Sunday night that I was going to repair it on Monday.

Well, it's Wednesday and, at least, the lounger has made its way to the kitchen counter near the door to the studio. I think I have a running chance of achieving my goal today.

Better late than never.:rolleyes:

GG, one of the tricks I learned many years ago from an old Nonni was when you are assembling the strips of the lasagna pieces, make each layer go in the opposite direction from the previous one. The first layer the length of the pan, put your fillings on and the lay the lasagna strips for the next layer across. The reason for doing it this way is that when you go to cut and serve it, it stays together better. It will cut square and will stay that way without all the filling dripping out. It will make a better presentation on the plate. :angel:

Thanks, Addie. That sounds like a good idea.

Pix of ingredients and bubbling sauce. DH bought that ground oregano from his budget, but I couldn't use it. I used dried oregano from my garden. And I don't usually use pre-minced garlic, but we had this left over from another trip and it's easier than peeling and mincing 12 cloves ;) I think the pot holds 12 quarts (3 gallons) so I guess I have about 1.5 gallons of sauce. Plenty of room in the pot :)

Attachments

• DSC09949.jpg
    DSC09949.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC09952.jpg
    DSC09952.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom