What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Addie. That sounds like a good idea.

Pix of ingredients and bubbling sauce. DH bought that ground oregano from his budget, but I couldn't use it. I used dried oregano from my garden. And I don't usually use pre-minced garlic, but we had this left over from another trip and it's easier than peeling and mincing 12 cloves ;) I think the pot holds 12 quarts (3 gallons) so I guess I have about 1.5 gallons of sauce. Plenty of room in the pot :)

That sauce looks delicious! I am on my way. Just answer the door when you hear the doorbell. :angel:

Bella and I just rolled the trash can down to the end of the driveway, then emptied the mailbox. Glad I didn't just go to get the mail. It would've been an almost useless trip.

In a couple of minutes, I'm headed to my studio to, finally, sew a seam in the pocket of a lounge dress/robe I wear when we watch TV at night. I've had it for ages and when it was manufactured, about an inch of the applied pocked was misstitched and there has been an opening there. I never remember to fix it until I have the garment on. I said Sunday night that I was going to repair it on Monday.

Well, it's Wednesday and, at least, the lounger has made its way to the kitchen counter near the door to the studio. I think I have a running chance of achieving my goal today.

Better late than never.:rolleyes:

You'll get it done if you keep putting it in an awkward place where you will see it frequently. It'll nag you until you give up and get it done. At least, that's what works for me.:LOL:

Making a big cup of hot tea and heading down the basement to fold sheets and towels. Soon. Next cup of tea...

1) I had an interesting conversation with my new vet.

2) Right now I'm thinking of going shooting while it isn't raining.
Pac, your non-sequitur from the vet to shooting had me read this twice. At first I thought you didn't like the new vet and you were going to shoot him/her. :ohmy: :LOL:

That sauce looks delicious! I am on my way. Just answer the door when you hear the doorbell. :angel:

Thanks, Addie! I hope you like a bowl of sauce! ;) I'm assembling it all tomorrow. Come to think of it, I could probably sit down with a bowl of this. DH got dried basil and I said NOOOOOOOO! So he went back to the store and came home with one of those fresh basil plants they sell in the produce section and I used some of that. It tastes incredible and the house smells amazing. It's cooling now.

Thanks, Addie! I hope you like a bowl of sauce! ;) I'm assembling it all tomorrow. Come to think of it, I could probably sit down with a bowl of this. DH got dried basil and I said NOOOOOOOO! So he went back to the store and came home with one of those fresh basil plants they sell in the produce section and I used some of that. It tastes incredible and the house smells amazing. It's cooling now.

Do you grow basil, GG? I just dug mine up, potted it, and plan to overwinter it again. I still have the basil I dug up 2 years ago. It won't win any beauty pageants, but it's so nice to have fresh basil all year 'round.

Pac, your non-sequitur from the vet to shooting had me read this twice. At first I thought you didn't like the new vet and you were going to shoot him/her. :ohmy: :LOL:

I've been know to do that :angel:
No connection.

And wouldn't you know I had my four wheeler loaded up, the dogs in their area and it started to hail as I rode away. The kind that hurt. The size of peas or a little larger. Stupid weather.

I've been know to do that :angel:
No connection.

And wouldn't you know I had my four wheeler loaded up, the dogs in their area and it started to hail as I rode away. The kind that hurt. The size of peas or a little larger. Stupid weather.

Pac, did you pot a picture of your newest arrival?

Thanks, Addie! I hope you like a bowl of sauce!....
We were having landscape work finished up this time of year a few years ago. I had a pot of sauce simmering on the stove. When the landscaper popped his head into the house to ask me something he swooned! I didn't have any pasta cooked, so I cut up chunks of whatever hearty white bread was in the breadbox and stuck a couple pieces in two bowls, one for each guy. They were thrilled to see me coming over with that sauce!

I'm fiddling around with the hard disk from my previous laptop, the only thing worth saving when I had the oops with the wine. I had it put in a case, so I can just plug it into two :)wacko:) USB ports.

I hate Windows. I was using a Windows password. Aargh. That means that I can't access the data with Windows. There is no way to input the password from another computer running Windows. But, all these supposedly password protected files are easily accessible using Linux. I could probably read them on a Mac too. I have no use for that kind of "security/". No Windog password on this laptop.

Any files that are sensitive (like client data) get proper encryption with TrueCrypt. BTW, there will be a security audit of TrueCrypt, since the NSA is working on back doors on security software. Can you trust 'NSA-proof' TrueCrypt? Cough up some dough and find out

<end rant>

Do you grow basil, GG? I just dug mine up, potted it, and plan to overwinter it again. I still have the basil I dug up 2 years ago. It won't win any beauty pageants, but it's so nice to have fresh basil all year 'round.

Yes, I have several plants out there, but they're getting leggy. I have never tried bringing them in for the winter. I'll give it a go. It would be great having fresh basil all winter.

Just got done with the Thursday morning house cleaning and am waiting for the dryer to turn off. Then I am going to one of our local stores that has my 6 packs of diet AW Root Beer on sale for 5/$10.

I just finished putting a Penzey's order together. I know I'm forgetting something.

I think I'll fire up the Keurig, have a cup of coffee and try on of those almond paste things.

Back
Top Bottom