What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you tried any of their spices? I sure wish we had one of their stores in my area, I always hate to pay for posting and handling.:angel:

I know the feeling. I had to place an order today with Amazon. It didn't qualify for free shipping since it was a company that sells through Amazon that would be shipping it. I almost cancelled the order. But I sure went on the hunt to see if Amazon sold the same product from their stock. Nope. Had to place the order. Grrrr! :angel:

Wednesday! I had geared myself up for Monday (quite stressful really after a whole year of being jobless). But actually it's probably better - my first week will be just 3 days instead of 5 - a more gentle introduction back into the workplace. ;)

I know there is "danger everywhere" (apparently), but this is ridiculous! It's an office for pete's sake and it's not like I haven't worked in them for decades! :rolleyes:

In spite of the rolled eyes, your sense of humor is showing through. :angel:

Three day work weeks are much better than five!

Yes indeed! :LOL:

(And if I won the lottery, a zero day work week would suit me fine!) I'd go back to the voluntary work in a heartbeat!

So, I saw that you missed out on some hunting yesterday, because of hailstones - did you have any luck today Pac? What do you hunt?

I don't hunt anymore, Katy. I was just going to go punch holes in paper. I like target shooting (and the occasional varmint).

Oh, and no luck shooting today either. It gets sunny then it hails ten minutes later. Weird weather.

I don't hunt anymore, Katy. I was just going to go punch holes in paper. I like target shooting (and the occasional varmint).

Oh, and no luck shooting today either. It gets sunny then it hails ten minutes later. Weird weather.

Punching holes in paper - like at a shooting range? I have actually done that! (In Tucson - it's not the sort of thing you can do very easily in the UK).

Mind you, I have discovered that there is a shooting club locally and I did think I might consider joining when I got a job.... so... I may do some more investigation now! :) I'd forgotten about that!

Sorry about your weather Pac. It sounds very British as it happens! (And since we are having mini tornadoes and now a storm is heading our way from the Gulf of Mexico, I guess we are getting a little of your weather in exchange!)

Punching holes in paper - like at a shooting range? I have actually done that! (In Tucson - it's not the sort of thing you can do very easily in the UK).

Mind you, I have discovered that there is a shooting club locally and I did think I might consider joining when I got a job.... so... I may do some more investigation now! :) I'd forgotten about that!

Sorry about your weather Pac. It sounds very British as it happens! (And since we are having mini tornadoes and now a storm is heading our way from the Gulf of Mexico, I guess we are getting a little of your weather in exchange!)

I can shoot where I live. It makes it handy.
You should join the club if you like to shoot. It might be fun.

Very wet weather indeed. It's getting downright sloppy over the past few days. Next weeks looks to be better.

I can shoot where I live. It makes it handy.
You should join the club if you like to shoot. It might be fun.

Very wet weather indeed. It's getting downright sloppy over the past few days. Next weeks looks to be better.

This is me shooting. (My friend Teresa (whose hand gun I was using) was standing behind me for obvious reasons!) Oh and though you can't see my face, I think the straggly hair and scrawny arms are an obvious identifier! :LOL:

Attachments

• 23784_412578605609_1678801_n.jpg
    23784_412578605609_1678801_n.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 176
This is me shooting. (My friend Teresa (whose hand gun I was using) was standing behind me for obvious reasons!) Oh and though you can't see my face, I think the straggly hair and scrawny arms are an obvious identifier! :LOL:

Pretty cool! :)

Pretty cool! :)

I can't say it was exactly fun, but it was definitely interesting. And the fact that I managed to hit the paper target (after the first shot, which went all over the place), made me think I wasn't too bad a shot for someone who had never even seen a gun let alone shot one. I wish I still had the paper target. But I wasn't sure it would get through security with GSR all over it!

In other news, it is the infamous Clam Chowder tomorrow!

I have had a trawl through DC and the recipe I liked the most was probably the simplest - and also by someone who doesn't appear to post any more - AuntDot? She didn't post cups or weights - just the ingredients and the method - and I thought that sounded rather authentic, and also the way I like to cook. :)

When I reminded my brother Ollie that it was Clam Chowder tomorrow, he was at pains to point out he would be "out". I pointed out that it could easily be re-heated when he got back! :) (Nothing evil about that is there?) If there is, I blame Halloween! ;)

Ollie will be having Clam Chowder if it kills me! (Or him!) BWAHAHHAAAAA!!

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Oh and tomorrow is his birthday....

Oh, this will be fun! (pulls up chair).

You'll be fine, Katy. Nothing to it.

Happy birthday, Ollie! Now eat your clam chowder like a good boy!

Back
Top Bottom