What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just finished prepping some ABTs for today's Q. I could have used a couple more inches on my bacon because I'm just not getting the stretch on my homemade bacon that I do storebought.

Just finished making 10 gallons of homemade liquid laundry detergent. I've been making it for so many years that I've streamlined the process and it only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Glenn and I were discussing the cost of this venture and, just for fun, we did some quick calculations.

The ingredients, per 10 gallons, cost about $4.00. Each gallon of detergent will wash 32 loads of laundry, which means I've just made enough detergent to clean 320 loads. Cost per load then is $0.0125. What a deal!!!!

I never sat down and calculated the per load expense and I'm amazed. Even more amazing is that this stuff is far better than anything I've ever used, plus it's great for those who suffer from detergent allergies.

Oops! I sound like an infomercial.:ohmy:

I'm waiting for the "great storm" to arrive. It's supposed to batter Britain overnight with storm force winds. Damage to buildings, fallen trees and floods are all predicted right across the country. Ferry services have been cancelled, train timetables re-scheduled, and bridges closed.

So far..... it's raining. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the "great storm" to arrive. It's supposed to batter Britain overnight with storm force winds. Damage to buildings, fallen trees and floods are all predicted right across the country. Ferry services have been cancelled, train timetables re-scheduled, and bridges closed.

So far..... it's raining. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we never got any of the promised snow or even rain today...:(

Storm Watch UK

As the "huge storm" continues to rage across Britain, we have breaking news in north Hampshire. A tree.... has broken.

(It was a sapling, planted in the Spring).

This is Katy, reporting live - from her living room.

As the "huge storm" continues to rage across Britain, we have breaking news in north Hampshire. A tree.... has broken.

I fear for your life! Perhaps it would be best if you took shelter under a slightly bigger tree...

...maybe one that's a full year in the ground.

I fear for your life! Perhaps it would be best if you took shelter under a slightly bigger tree...

...maybe one that's a full year in the ground.

Perhaps it would be best that I stay in my living room and peer out of the window!! :-p

After all, it IS a maelstrom out there! People haven't even put their wheelie bins out for heaven's sake! :eek:

I've seen nothing like this for ... well since yesterday really.... :rolleyes:

You better get your Mac and wellies out...:ermm:

Storm Watch UK

This just in:

As "St Jude" continues to batter Britain, a temporary street sign has been blown over. Reliable local sources (me), say the sign was a "No road markings" warning to drivers. It remains to be seen how drivers will now work out that the road has no markings....

This just in:

As "St Jude" continues to batter Britain, a temporary street sign has been blown over. Reliable local sources (me), say the sign was a "No road markings" warning to drivers. It remains to be seen how drivers will now work out that the road has no markings....
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

TL, I don't feel you are attaching sufficient importance to this storm! :mad:

Leaves will be lost!

And to think I come to this site on a volunteer basis. I suppose I could volunteer to leave also, but I am sitting here on pins and needles. Oh, that is my needlework. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom