What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
USA Today had an article on Britain's hurricane, but I knew I'd get a much more detailed report here :LOL:
I hope things stayed on the lighter side as it moved through.

USA Today had an article on Britain's hurricane, but I knew I'd get a much more detailed report here :LOL:

We get Nor'easters, hurricanes and super storms here on the East Coast, the midwest part of the country gets tornadoes, the mountains get record snowfalls and blizzards and California gets wild fires, torrential downpours, and earthquakes. Alaska gets earthquakes and has permafrost. Hawaii has an active volcano going for it. And the UK is whining about a little breeze and a few drops of rain. Geesh, come spend a season or two here. :angel:

Having lived through a many a hurricane, I will say that 99 MPH winds ain't nothin' to sneeze at. Y'all take care....hopefully the storm has passed by now. I gotta get caught up on the goings on here. I been fairly busy lately with my new job. It sure feels good to be workin' again.

Well, I was going to shoot some long guns today using iron sights, but the sun went in as soon as I had the time. It's so much easier to see the target when the sun is out. A sure sign you are getting older... :(
So now I'm sitting in my warm cozy house and... on goes the TV :ermm::LOL:

Well, I was going to shoot some long guns today using iron sights, but the sun went in as soon as I had the time. It's so much easier to see the target when the sun is out. A sure sign you are getting older... :(
So now I'm sitting in my warm cozy house and... on goes the TV :ermm::LOL:

Every time you want to do some shooting, the sun goes in. Can we blame any bad weather on you? Sounds to me like the eyes are ageing on you. :angel:

PF! You are SUCH a girl!! :LOL:

My wellies are a sensible dark green.

But they don't go well with my pink floral jimjams...:ROFLMAO:

My wellies:

Attachments

• wellie_butterfly1.jpg
    wellie_butterfly1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 190
Oooh, I do like those wellies PF! Mine are plain black, and nothing to look at....well, they do have nice-ish blue bottoms, which cause a bit of an edging....

in a bit of a funk today....can't decide what to do so did nothing....walked around the house noticing messes, didn't want to pick anything up. I think I'm in the process of destroying my old life, hoping to get some inspiration for a new lease.....

in limbo.

Getting back into the swing of my Monday. I'm a little late getting at it because all morning was spent at the radiology department of the local hospital having my annual mammogram. I didn't realize this was Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the place was packed. I've always paired my mammogram with my annual physical so I can be more efficient and, since it's a bit of a drive, I'm loathe to waste gas on two trips to nearly the same place.

I had almost an hour between appointments but with the crowd I only had 10 minutes to spare when I got to my doctor's office. Had to wait there, too, but only because they are just beginning to go paperless and the electronic systems/devices were making everyone is the office crazy.

All good reports and the doctor said I check out at about 10 years younger than I really am. Yeah! Glenn will get a kick out out of that. He always calls me his "young" wife. I'm only 10 months younger but now, it seems, I'm 10 years younger!!!! WooHoo!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh it was utter carnage. Leaves and twigs everywhere! :rolleyes:

(On an unfunny note, there were three fatalities around the country). But as "huge storms" go, it was pitiful.

Oooh, I do like those wellies PF! Mine are plain black, and nothing to look at....well, they do have nice-ish blue bottoms, which cause a bit of an edging....

in a bit of a funk today....can't decide what to do so did nothing....walked around the house noticing messes, didn't want to pick anything up. I think I'm in the process of destroying my old life, hoping to get some inspiration for a new lease.....

in limbo.

you like pf's boots, soma? how 'bout decorating your black ones? paint on your own butterflies, flowers, spiders, snakes, whatever...or slap on some colorful stickers or decals.:)

Hey vit, HI! Haven't noticed you around here lately. Guess you're back from being out and misbehavin', eh?

We're going to leave shortly to drop my car Sally off for a bit of warranty work and to make sure she's ready for her long vacation to FL. Glad to know she'll let us come along for the ride. Vacay departure is just over a week away and if I keep playing here in the DC playground with all my friends, Sally and Himself just might leave without me. :ermm: :ohmy:

Just got back from shopping, curtailed because Shrek was tired. Now doing all the Monday things before heading back to work tomorrow. Have a fridge clean out to accomplish. I must also stop and eat soon.

Glad to hear the good report, Katy! I got my mammogram results...they are just fine. Still teaching techs what small implants look like.

Just got back from shopping, curtailed because Shrek was tired. Now doing all the Monday things before heading back to work tomorrow. Have a fridge clean out to accomplish. I must also stop and eat soon.

Glad to hear the good report, Katy! I got my mammogram results...they are just fine. Still teaching techs what small implants look like.

Good news on your mammogram results PF! That must be a relief.

J

No implants for me. Plenty of Mother Nature's gifts already in place.:ROFLMAO:

What made me the happiest was how great my physical came out. I knew I'd been feeling better in general. Not that I'd ever really felt bad, just have been feeling better than average. Great to have the doc confirm same and add the "10 years younger" part. Now, that made my day!

Guess that gives credence to the "getting better as one gets older" concept. I'm all for it, especially if one considers the alternative.

No implants for me. Plenty of Mother Nature's gifts already in place.:ROFLMAO:

What made me the happiest was how great my physical came out. I knew I'd been feeling better in general. Not that I'd ever really felt bad, just have been feeling better than average. Great to have the doc confirm same and add the "10 years younger" part. Now, that made my day!

Guess that gives credence to the "getting better as one gets older" concept. I'm all for it, especially if one considers the alternative.

My implant was so I wouldn't be lopsided:LOL: It's about the size of a deck of cards. Nothing for enhancing, I was kinda upset I didn't get to pick my own ...but they didn't have to remove much...so it's all good.

It's always a good day when I am upright and this side of the grass.

Ladies, congrats on the good reports!

....I got my mammogram results...they are just fine. Still teaching techs what small implants look like.
I'm afraid I'm in the group that wouldn't need any implant seeing as how you wouldn't even notice something was gone. Unless surgery would leave a sinkhole?:ermm: At least we don't have to worry about gravity as we age, huh PF?

All good reports and the doctor said I check out at about 10 years younger than I really am. ...Guess that gives credence to the "getting better as one gets older" concept. I'm all for it, especially if one considers the alternative.
That's what my Mom always said! I've even been using that as a signature. ;)

Back
Top Bottom