"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #7211
Chef Extraordinaire

We are putting up the Christmas tree and decorations

Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #7212
Executive Chef

Just finished tidying up the house. My son, his wife, and two boys will be here within the hour. My DIL and I will spend the day shopping tomorrow. I don't know what the boys will do. Then we all have a Christmas party to go to tomorrow night. We will all do something together on Sunday before they go back home.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #7213
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Just finished tidying up the house. My son, his wife, and two boys will be here within the hour. My DIL and I will spend the day shopping tomorrow. I don't know what the boys will do. Then we all have a Christmas party to go to tomorrow night. We will all do something together on Sunday before they go back home.
Chops, that is lovely that your family is coming over

Your shopping trip and Christmas party sounds fabulous, have a wonderful time
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #7214
Chef Extraordinaire

Steve and I have just been out and bought a new Samsung monitor for me

It is a 24 inch Samsung and has such a widescreen compared to the 22 inch I have before...better resolution top and lovely vibrant colours and is full HD

We also bought the new Mac Mini from the Apple online store but Steve did a custom built order for me so I have more ram, faster CPU and a Fusion drive

This is all in place of the new iMac I was going to get...I decided the new Mac Min would be better as it has very similar specs to the iMac but if I wish to upgrade the size of monitor again and the ram etc, I can with the Mac Mini
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #7215
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
thinking. thinking my Mom got me the boots i requested. i'm getting those boots. i know my Mom quite well. 'we'll seeeeeeeeeeeee' means she's getting them.
When my kids were small and they wanted something I would tell them. "we'll see, I don't know, maybe, I will try." But if I said the words "I promise", they never asked again. They knew I never broke a promise to them and that they would have it. Maybe not in the next 24 hours, but within reason.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #7216
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, it seems that all the angels are working overtime. My daughter just called me and what a difference from Thanksgiving. Her spirits are really high. She is making plans for her party for her in-laws. She asked me to make some cookies.

I have some of the Chewy Chocolate cookies with Sea Salt from the Chew program in the freezer. I am going to bake a couple of them so she can taste them.

She has made plans to have her husband drive us around out in the suburbs to see all the lighted houses. Something we have done every year. I told her a quick little joke and she laughed so hard. It was good to hear it. She scared me for a second. She was talking about how sick and weak the chemo makes her. She mentioned that she doesn't think she can do it until next August. Then she quickly said, "I have to. It's my brain and my life. I don't want to die"

Thank you all for the angels. I know it is silly to think a little emoticon can be responsible, but until someone proves to me other wise, I will continue to believe. I believe we all have an angel that watches over us. Even if it is a loved one who has passed away. If I didn't believe that, I doubt if I could accept my youngest daughter's murder. She is looking down on us and watching over her five children And one for all of you.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #7217
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Have an ice pack on my new knee and waiting for a small pan of potatoes to boil so I can make some potato rolls.

Glenn's son came by just after Thanksgiving and I'd made some as a treat for us because I craved something that spoke of Thanksgiving to me. Kenneth ate two and almost went into a spasm. He was in "yummy heaven."

We're babysitting Kenneth's dog this weekend, so I thought when he comes to pick up Baxter I'd give him his own whole batch of potato rolls to take home for a treat. He's a big man so I don't know how long 18 potato rolls will last.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #7218
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm gabbing with a friend who stayed over. We are both surfing the web in between talking. We are also enjoying a brunch buffet of good breads, cheeses, pate, and salami.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #7219
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Gotta quit dinking around and go out to cut down the dead plant stalks.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #7220
Executive Chef

dinking? 'dinking' sounds way worse/better than a whole lotta REAL words, dawg....:)