"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #7261
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
one whole month ahead of time, shoot, that's not procrastination in my book, pf.:) congratulations on your license renewal!:) i know how hard it is to fit in those continuing education hours. what? and do my work in the real world TOO? you gotta be kidding....:)
Yeah, an hour a month is just so inconvenient. So much more fun to do all 24 hours in two weekends.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #7262
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yeah, an hour a month is just so inconvenient. So much more fun to do all 24 hours in two weekends.
If you intend to move into the ranks of world class procrastinators, you'll have to start much later. Leaving a whole month before the deadline disqualifies you. After all, there are 24 hours in a day.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #7263
Chef Extraordinaire

My granddaughter has her EMT license although she has never used it. It is good for two years. So during the second year of her license, when she gets stuff in the mail, she sorts through it and picks which classes she will take. By the time comes for her deadline, all she has to do is attend the last final exam for two hours. Not a bad system.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #7264
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
As I mentioned some time last month, I have been bitten by the knitting bug. Well, the baby blanket is done, as are two adult hats and now I'm foaming a the mouth to keep my fingers flying.

I have lots of scraps of this and that so I just finished grazing the 'net to see what I could come up with to utilize those bits of yarn. Well, "Eureka!" I'm going to start on a bunch of preemie hats. Those should go pretty quickly and put my small quantities of yarn to good use.

Most of the leftover yarn I will use qualifies nicely for this purpose as it is very soft and is pretty much what most of the sites recommend. Yeah. Here I go again....
Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #7265
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
As I mentioned some time last month, I have been bitten by the knitting bug. Well, the baby blanket is done, as are two adult hats and now I'm foaming a the mouth to keep my fingers flying.

I have lots of scraps of this and that so I just finished grazing the 'net to see what I could come up with to utilize those bits of yarn. Well, "Eureka!" I'm going to start on a bunch of preemie hats. Those should go pretty quickly and put my small quantities of yarn to good use.

Most of the leftover yarn I will use qualifies nicely for this purpose as it is very soft and is pretty much what most of the sites recommend. Yeah. Here I go again....
Looking for ideas? Well here you go. Click on Directory at the top. thousands of free patterns. Knitting Pattern Central - Directory of Free, Online Knitting Patterns by Category

I also have one for crocheting.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #7266
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post

Katie,

Those small bits also work well to make chemo caps for ladies and men who have lost their hair. I'm sure you would have an outlet for them at an oncologists office or cancer center. I would even be willing to help sponsor the caps monetarily if you want to knit them.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #7267
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning and Happy Monday!

I have a few bits and pieces to get from the shops this morning and I am going to drop by mums too for a coffee
Old 12-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #7268
Chef Extraordinaire

Right now I am waiting for the ingredients for the cookies to warm up to room temperature. I have been up since 5:30 this morning and am ready for a nap. By the time I wake up, everything should be ready to go.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #7269
Cook

Wow I need to have a seat for a few minutes! I started making spaghetti for dinner out of the sauce I made yesterday, and just got on a roll! So far:

The spaghetti
Layered cabbage and red potatoes with pesto
Sweet potato, apple and onion casserole, after which I had some leftover béchamel so ...
Macaroni and cheese with American, havarti, Parmesan and fontina.

Now dinners should be covered for most of the week and all I'll have to do is add some fresh green vegetables each night.

The only other thing for the evening is half an apple pie, which I will make in the large au gratin dish and overlap/braid the top. It's just enough for dessert and maybe a teeny left for breakfast.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #7270
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Right now I am waiting for the ingredients for the cookies to warm up to room temperature. I have been up since 5:30 this morning and am ready for a nap. By the time I wake up, everything should be ready to go.
The cookies sound nice Ads