What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes, she is one of our closest friends. Apparently there is a meal tradition of serving the penis to the oldest unmarried female. :ohmy:

She doesn't cook them.

Whew. Thought maybe "Portuguese friend" was code for something else....

I am trying to work out where to ask a question about Worcestershire Sauce?

I don't use it much for anything but I only have to watch DDD before I realise it is ubiquitous in American "Diner" cooking.

Or is it??

Do you use Worcestershire Sauce?

I use it off and on, but in moderation. It can easily overwhelm.

I guess my point was it seems that this British ingredient is used far more outside the UK than in its home country.

I have a bottle of good old Lea and Perrins in my cupboard - year in - year out. And every few years I chuck it out because it is a million years past its use-by date.

I guess my point was it seems that this British ingredient is used far more outside the UK than in its home country.

I have a bottle of good old Lea and Perrins in my cupboard - year in - year out. And every few years I chuck it out because it is a million years past its use-by date.

:LOL: I had a bottle of soy sauce like that. I swear it was twenty years before I used it up. :ohmy:

And the recipe surprised me that it was included. I did not notice the taste though. And it did not color the cakes dark.
But I blindly added that 1/2 tsp even though I had my doubts, lol.

Okay, your shopping's done. So what goodies did you get, what are you making?

Tell us please?
This week looks like: Pot roast, pork loin medallions, Lots of fresh produce. I eat a lot of those " smart ones", quick & easy frozen meals. When I cook all day, then exercise, not much ambition to cook much for supper.

I am trying to work out where to ask a question about Worcestershire Sauce?

I don't use it much for anything but I only have to watch DDD before I realise it is ubiquitous in American "Diner" cooking.

Or is it??

Do you use Worcestershire Sauce?
I use it when I make meatloaf. I also put it in my homemade BBQ sauce.

It's a stable ingredient in a good bloody mary:yum:

I am still of the battle of my tooth. It makes me so very tired, I do not feel well of posting, I am sorry,

With love,
~Cat

I just finished cutting up the pork loin I bought last week.
I put it in the freezer for an hour and it was just right. I cut some loin chops, a small end roast and a large one, and a 2 lb piece for Canadian bacon. It's rubbed, wrapped and in the back of the fridge for a week to cure.

It's a nice warm day, but man is it windy... I suppose I should go rake some leaves from where they get hung up so they can continue their journey across my yards to somewhere they won't bother me as much.

Getting ready to go pick up my grandson from school. Then it's lunch, his homework and fun stuff of his choosing.

Back
Top Bottom