"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #7301
Chef Extraordinaire

Hello and good morning guys

Today I am going to be doing a bit more housework, I am doing my Spring cleaning in Summer

Hope you are all having lovely days/nights

Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #7302
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Teen boy footwear is very personal based on what's cool in his group. I'd go with a Foot Locker (or other) gift card for whatever amount you want to spend. We adults are not qualified to choose teen footwear.
I too was going to suggest the gift card. I have two teen boys I buy for and I stopped buying anything clothing related when they turned 10!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #7303
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just arrived home from my first session of torture, I mean physical therapy. Whew!

The therapist really put me through my paces in the hour-long time period. When it was all said and done, I worked up a bit of a sweat, am experiencing quite a lot of pain and am tired.

So I'm sitting with my leg elevated and an ice pack on my knee. I had a really rough night last night, so I think a nap might be in order this afternoon. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #7304
Chef Extraordinaire

Katie, it sounds exhausting

Things will get better...my mum was the same for the first few physio sessions when she had her knee replacement too
Old 12-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #7305
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Just arrived home from my first session of torture, I mean physical therapy. Whew!

The therapist really put me through my paces in the hour-long time period. When it was all said and done, I worked up a bit of a sweat, am experiencing quite a lot of pain and am tired.

So I'm sitting with my leg elevated and an ice pack on my knee. I had a really rough night last night, so I think a nap might be in order this afternoon. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I'd love to join you for that nap. This leg pain is sapping all my strength. I am trying to hold out until the 18th. There is no discoloring or swelling. Monday is my pre-op workup. I don't want anything to happen before then. And I am spreading myself too thin. I promised my daughter that i would make the cookies for her party. I have two of them made up all ready and in the freezer. I was going to do four different kind. But I think I will have to stop at three. I just have the Chocolate Sea Salt ones left to make. They whip up in no time. When it comes down to baking them, I am going downstairs to the Community Room kitchen. They have two stoves there and I can get them baked and done with a lot faster. Fortunately I have enough cookie sheets to do four trays at a time. I really need to do them at this time. For the first two days, I won't be able to see. I will have a patch over my one good eye. Even though the vision has improved on the eye that has been done, I still can't focus with it. And I never will. I will be able to see well enough to keep from bumping into things.

Okay God. Knock it off. You have had your fun with me. If I have to come up there and yell at you, you are going to be in big trouble. I will send you to your room ALONE! You can stop this pain anytiime now.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #7306
Chef Extraordinaire

Ads, sorry to hear your leg is in pain
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #7307
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Ads, sorry to hear your leg is in pain
I am taking the Vicodin, but in a way that is making it worse. I get hyper on them and very restless. Then I want to get up and do more work instead of resting the leg. Counterproductive.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #7308
Chef Extraordinaire

Is that the only medication you can take for your leg? It sounds like it may not be the right one
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #7309
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post

Medicate prior to PT, by about 20-30 minutes. It will really help get through the session. We wouldn't want you to avoid going because of pain. They should also have ice packs there and let you sit with one for about 20 mins after, especially if you are driving/riding any distance to get home.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #7310
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Is that the only medication you can take for your leg? It sounds like it may not be the right one
I am also on gabapentin. And that helps some.