What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have made another card for Sabrina. I try to bring her nice things when I go to see her and the children.

Now I am relaxing to here.

With love,
~Cat

Don't beat yourself up, SB! You were good all week, nothing wrong with a treat, and 5 Guys is a sometimes meal! Back on the wagon tomorrow.

Absolutely. It isn't at if you decided to go crazy with the carbs and calories. Next time you go to a new restaurant, split a dish with hubby or your daughter. Then when you get home you can check out the nutritional values. Or maybe see if they will allow you to order from the children's menu even if you have to pay full price.

I have done that many times as I get overwhelmed when I see too much food on my plate and then I can't even start to eat anything. I don't mind paying the full price as long as I know the serving is something I can handle. :angel:

Five guys just opened up recently in town, we went to check it out for supper tonight. All was good until I got home & looked up the nutritional info. almost 700 calories in a small burger & 1/4 order of small fries! argh! I was doing so good all week!!!

If you deduct your normal calorie allowance for dinner the "overage" is really not a big deal.

This is a marathon not a sprint, just keep putting one foot in front of the other! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I had a bowl of chili with beans, sour cream and cheese then a bowl of chocolate ice cream for dessert. Was positive my blood sugar would be sky high this morning...it was 97.:ohmy:

I had a bowl of chili with beans, sour cream and cheese then a bowl of chocolate ice cream for dessert. Was positive my blood sugar would be sky high this morning...it was 97.:ohmy:
That is great news!! Every once in a while, I am convinced, we need treats to keep us sane!

If you deduct your normal calorie allowance for dinner the "overage" is really not a big deal.

This is a marathon not a sprint, just keep putting one foot in front of the other! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Thank you! That is a very good way of putting things in perspective.:)

Absolutely. It isn't at if you decided to go crazy with the carbs and calories. Next time you go to a new restaurant, split a dish with hubby or your daughter. Then when you get home you can check out the nutritional values. Or maybe see if they will allow you to order from the children's menu even if you have to pay full price.

I have done that many times as I get overwhelmed when I see too much food on my plate and then I can't even start to eat anything. I don't mind paying the full price as long as I know the serving is something I can handle. :angel:
Good food for thought, thanks for the advice addie!:angel::angel:

I could have sworn I had a box of brownie mix in the cupboard... so I'm sitting here debating going to the town store to pick up a box. I was really looking forward to some brownies today. Perfect timing really, since my Brownies have a bye week today. Some kind of "brownies" today would be nice.

I just returned from the city where Giant Eagle was having a sale on lobster tails. Perfect timing, since I will need a couple soon.

I have 1 swimming lesson left on Tuesday, I need to go & pick up some small gift for my instructor. Does anyone have any good ideas?

Wow. It absolutely amazed me there are so few brownie recipe on this site. My advanced search turned up only about eight threads. Fortunately someone posted an easy recipe called Brownies Cockaigne and I have all the ingredients.
So right now I am waiting for two eggs to come up to room temp...

Wow. It absolutely amazed me there are so few brownie recipe on this site. My advanced search turned up only about eight threads. Fortunately someone posted an easy recipe called Brownies Cockaigne and I have all the ingredients.
So right now I am waiting for two eggs to come up to room temp...

You've cracked them into a bowl to speed the process, right?

Right now I am watching that wonderful vehicle for Justine Bateman called Satisfaction :wacko:
I didn't recall Liam Neeson being in it. This movie obviously launched his career :ermm:

No football to watch!
No baseball to watch!

What's to become of me, what's to become of me!

Just finished cleaning up after breakfast and SO's baking endeavor. Waiting to pick her up from the dealer when she drops her car off for service.

No football to watch!
No baseball to watch!

What's to become of me, what's to become of me!

Just finished cleaning up after breakfast and SO's baking endeavor. Waiting to pick her up from the dealer when she drops her car off for service.

I think I saw someone playing basketball last night...

Drat. Just called the juror hotline, and there IS a trial, and I DO have to report for jury duty on Tuesday. When I've been called before, most of the time there was no trial. Only had to appear once.

Drat.

Back
Top Bottom