"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #7341
Chef Extraordinaire

Our welcome Ads

What site are you having issues with?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #7342
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Our welcome Ads

What site are you having issues with?
My camera. It doesn't allow me to store the pics where they are accessible for uploading.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #7343
Chef Extraordinaire

That is no good, has this happened before?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #7344
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My camera. It doesn't allow me to store the pics where they are accessible for uploading.
Have you got your photos onto your computer? We'll try to trouble shoot this for you.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #7345
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Have you got your photos onto your computer? We'll try to trouble shoot this for you.
Yeah. My son just left. He told me that he set it up so if someone should ever hack into my computer, they couldn't open the pictures without my password. He said the next time he comes, he will fix it for me. Because of the jobs two of my kids have, I have to protect them at all times. I never put the names or pictures or those of their kids on the internet. So I will have to wait for another day.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #7346
Chef Extraordinaire

Full day for me. Worked 5:30 am till 6pm, then off to the gym with our daughter for an hour. It's almost midnight & time to get to bed. G'nite.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #7347
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been out in the garden doing some bits and pieces and the rest of the arvo preparing tea and making dessert for tonight
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #7348
Master Chef

I had to buy birthday gifts for two DIL's and a SIL this month. I got the DIL's each a gift cert. from Pier 1 Imports and I am going to get the SIL a gift cert. from his favorite Mexican restaurant. Now I have to get back to ideas for Christmas. Altogether I buy for 20 people, how many do you buy for?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #7349
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just arrived home after my second session of physical therapy, have my leg elevated and ice on my knee.

I'm excited that there's real progress being made. I left the hospital with 80 degrees flex in the knee joint. After Monday's first session, I exceeded 90 degrees and, today, just over 100.

Not bad considering I had NO therapy, except of my own creation, from the time I left the hospital until my first therapy on Monday. I was truly anxious that I would be behind the curve, but I'm encouraged that that is not the case, especially since the doctor wants a total of 124 degrees as acceptable for dismissal from therapy.

However, that is a moot point since my insurance has only approved a total of 7 therapy sessions. I've already used one for the evaluation and, now, 2 actual therapy visits, which leaves me with only 4 more to achieve the 124-degree goal.

I'm going to have to be like "the little engine that could" to get where I need to in 4 more physical therapy appointments. I intend to supplement that by working doubly hard at home. That might just get the job done.

At any rate, I am seeing and feeling advancement being made. I'm just eating the elephant one bite at a time.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #7350
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I had to buy gifts for two DIL's and a SIL this month. I got the DIL's each a gift cert. from Pier 1 Imports and I am going to get the SIL a gift cert. from his favorite Mexican restaurant. Now I have to get back to ideas for Christmas. Altogether I buy for 20 people, how many do you buy for?
I have 17 grand and great grandchildren. There is no way I can buy for all of them. And we have a rule in our family, Unless they are your children, no buying for those over 16. That is the cutoff age. This family is just too big. So I do my Christmas giving with food. Mostly cookies. For some reason I have developed a reputation for making cookies for the family. You have to get your request in early. Before the first of December. For my daughter this year I am going to make the chocolate cream pie. It is her favorite. I use the Oreo Cookie pie crust. You can never have too much chocolate.