What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roll down the windows and start singing to the windshield!

:whistling...I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
Only a hippopotamus will do
Don't want a doll
No dinky tinker toy
I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thanks, Aunt Bea!
An open window would be heaven...but my co-worker is cold in a room at 70°F:ermm: I'll be careful.

The Bird Is The Word

Today is backup turkey day. Last Saturday I bought a 13 pound cheapo turkey (59¢/Lb) and put it in the fridge to defrost. This morning my plan was to cut it up, roast the stock making parts and then make stock. I also planned to get two meals of turkey breast and one of thighs out of the deal. All this for less than $8.00.

I gathered my tools and cut the bag open in the sink. A most suspicious looking thick brown liquid oozed out of the cavity into the sink. I thought the bird was spoiled. Never saw a thick brown liquid in a frozen turkey before. Turns out it was a packet of gravy base.

All surfaces and tools have been decontaminated and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and waiting for the bones to roast.

Today is backup turkey day. Last Saturday I bought a 13 pound cheapo turkey (59¢/Lb) and put it in the fridge to defrost. This morning my plan was to cut it up, roast the stock making parts and then make stock. I also planned to get two meals of turkey breast and one of thighs out of the deal. All this for less than $8.00.

I gathered my tools and cut the bag open in the sink. A most suspicious looking thick brown liquid oozed out of the cavity into the sink. I thought the bird was spoiled. Never saw a thick brown liquid in a frozen turkey before. Turns out it was a packet of gravy base.

All surfaces and tools have been decontaminated and I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and waiting for the bones to roast.
:ohmy:
That must have been an unpleasant surprise. Glad to hear it was just gravy base.

Last year I bought an inexpensive turkey breast (cheap :LOL:) and it had a two pound bag of gravy base tucked inside!

Those things should be against the law! When I deducted the two pounds of water and cornstarch from the weight of the turkey breast and recalculated the price it was no longer a bargain! Now I read the package like a detective!

How dare they take advantage of me when I'm doing my best to take advantage of them, the very idea! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last year I bought an inexpensive turkey breast (cheap :LOL:) and it had a two pound bag of gravy base tucked inside!

Those things should be against the law! When I deducted the two pounds of water and cornstarch from the weight of the turkey breast and recalculated the price it was no longer a bargain! Now I read the package like a detective!

How dare they take advantage of me when I'm doing my best to take advantage of them, the very idea! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Isn't that the truth! LOL

Yes, that is what they are for, to help you move. Until you can weight bear on the toe, you should take them as often as you can, once you are moving better, then you can back off.

One of the side effect of the toe mishap is that the calf leg on the bad toe leg and the thigh muscles in the other one are so sore. All because I am walking (what little there is) off balance. But the toe feels fine today. :angel:

Welcome home. Enjoy your weekend. ...and don't forget to fill out your expense report.

I asked Shrek if he wanted to see what I put on his credit card for the trip...I used it for gas and meals, he shuddered and said shakily, "Yes".

I didn't know until this morning that the boss had put the room on her credit card. I put $87 on the card, I will be reimbursed for the meals ($58) and .50 cents a mile at 302 miles round trip. I'll be getting back more than I spent.

Hmmm...he still hasn't asked for his card back:whistling:devilish:

I asked Shrek if he wanted to see what I put on his credit card for the trip...I used it for gas and meals, he shuddered and said shakily, "Yes".

I didn't know until this morning that the boss had put the room on her credit card. I put $87 on the card, I will be reimbursed for the meals ($58) and .50 cents a mile at 302 miles round trip. I'll be getting back more than I spent.

Hmmm...he still hasn't asked for his card back:whistling:devilish:
You get more for the mileage than it costs in gas to cover wear and tear on the car.

Back to work this morning for a few hours and then the weekend. I don't plan on being there very long, just long enough to get the office organized after two of us being gone all week.

Back
Top Bottom