What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got the old bulb out of the fixture using three pieces of conduit, a funnel, foam tape, wire ties, a short piece of rebar and of course duct tape. Now I'm hoping the hardware store has these so I don't have to run into the city.
But if I have to run into the city I'm going to pick up a rack of ribs for dinner.

Andy, I've got those tire pres indicators on my truck. Kinda cool, but I always wondered how it worked. What is it, a radio signal something in the valve stem sends out?

I just got the old bulb out of the fixture using three pieces of conduit, a funnel, foam tape, wire ties, a short piece of rebar and of course duct tape. Now I'm hoping the hardware store has these so I don't have to run into the city.
But if I have to run into the city I'm going to pick up a rack of ribs for dinner.

Andy, I've got those tire pres indicators on my truck. Kinda cool, but I always wondered how it worked. What is it, a radio signal something in the valve stem sends out?

Should we start calling you McGyver?

I don't know how they work. Found this: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=44

Last edited:
I'll let you know after I get the new bulb back in...

It's something I've wondered, but never asked (the tire pressure indicators).
And how come it doesn't register the spare? What if I was rotating the spare with the other four, would it tell me its pressure then? Yeah, it's something I've been curious about.

I'll let you know after I get the new bulb back in...

It's something I've wondered, but never asked (the tire pressure indicators).
And how come it doesn't register the spare? What if I was rotating the spare with the other four, would it tell me its pressure then? Yeah, it's something I've been curious about.

Check out the link I found. The tire has to be rotating to get a reading. this is true for my car. I start the car and drive off and within 100 feet I get the warning.

Check out the link I found. The tire has to be rotating to get a reading. this is true for my car. I start the car and drive off and within 100 feet I get the warning.

Now that's interesting.
I can't get into the program to check my tire pressure unless I am in park.
I'm going to ask the dealer. I need to make an appt for inspection and oil change anyway. And to replace the tie rods or something that was recalled.

Well, nothing left to do now but wait until tonight. Then I'll know if the bulb is in OK or cross-threaded.

Pac, where the heck is your outside light that you need a cherry picker to change the bulb?

Probably on a tall pole similar to a utility pole. We had one here in the rear part of the backyard until the ice storm of 2009. Now no pole and no light.

Yup. On a telephone pole near the house.
I'm hoping I got the bulb changed OK, but there's no way I could troubleshoot it with a lift of some sorts. And like I said, if I'm going to rent a lift again I might as well put up a whole new fixture.

:flowers: Thank you Cat. I had rather rough night last night. When I finally fell asleep, I slept until three this afternoon. And then I turn on the computer and you want to get Donald's pin number. Your delightful sense of humor keeps me going on days like this. And it certainly brightens up this forum. I feel so much better today. Thank you and all others for caring. Who knew one of the smallest bones in your body (outside of your ear bones) could cause so much misery. I don't remember this much pain from 40 years ago the first time I broke this dang bone. Or maybe I was just young and stupid.

The first thing I did when I woke up was take a Vicodin. I will not let the pain today get a head of me. You are safe from the gypsies today. :angel:

I'm glad to make you smile. You always make me smile also. But if you changed your mind of this, I have my tambourine.

With love,
~Cat

I just finished putting up the plastic on my side porch for the season. A sure sign of Winter. I hate losing my view, but I hate shoveling snow off the porch more.

Yup. On a telephone pole near the house.
I'm hoping I got the bulb changed OK, but there's no way I could troubleshoot it with a lift of some sorts. And like I said, if I'm going to rent a lift again I might as well put up a whole new fixture.

Did the light work?

Did the light work?

It did! Thanks for asking.
I kept glancing at it last night as it got dark and next thing you know it was on. It looked like I had cross-threaded it, you really have no feel for screwing it in on that wobbly contraption I was using, but I guess I got it in OK. I'm good for a few more years. And I only lost one screwdriver in the process :(

lol, not dangerous, but not fun either. It was an exercise in patience, something I am not known for.

It did! Thanks for asking.
I kept glancing at it last night as it got dark and next thing you know it was on. It looked like I had cross-threaded it, you really have no feel for screwing it in on that wobbly contraption I was using, but I guess I got it in OK. I'm good for a few more years. And I only lost one screwdriver in the process :(

Yea!!! Could get you some boot spikes and harness to climb the pole.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom