What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a call this afternoon. A close neighbor we had growing up, they had 8 kids-we had 9 kids, the dad passed away. It was a blessing as he was in a lot of pain, with a history of several strokes & heart attacks. I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon to got there & be with the family. It has been several years, fun to see everyone, wish it was under better circumstances.
So, I went into work to get caught up in order to take Monday off, then spent a couple hours in the pool/hot tub. Feels good to just be relaxing in my recliner tonight.

We spent a week at a resort on Fort Myers Beach, FL. Spent 3 days at our niece and nephew-in-law's on the way back. Took our time down and back - 3 days each way. IMO Florida is nice for a week or so. Couldn't live there year-round if you paid me handsomely.

Got to meet tinlizzie! We went out for brunch together, then sat around at the resort for a while chatting like old friends. It's so much fun meeting people you know from the internet in real life.[/QUOTE]

So true. I have a very close friend in Atlanta. Just got off the phone with her. I send her Parm and Pecorino Romano cheeses all the time. And we send Christmas gifts each year. We met on the old Food Network forum. I have also visited her several times.

There is a member here in this forum I have also met through the FN network. One of the most gracious and lovely folks you could ever want to know. And she certainly knows her food.

All told, I have made and met six folks through food. :angel:

No, not really. Thanks for looking.
And it's a membership store? So it's like Sam's Club then. Maybe that's why we don't have one. We have a Sam's. I got rid of their membership years ago after I stopped going there every few weeks. It just wasn't paying for itself. Plus everything was in bulk. They had food, but not cooked chicken at the time I went there.
Check the deli department in the big grocery store. Most of them have rotisserie chickens for sale. My regular store lists them on the receipt as "WOG". Puzzled us for a while, then Himself found it online. It means "WithOut Giblets". WOG - sounds funny! :LOL: Tastes yummy!

Check the deli department in the big grocery store. Most of them have rotisserie chickens for sale. My regular store lists them on the receipt as "WOG". Puzzled us for a while, then Himself found it online. It means "WithOut Giblets". WOG - sounds funny! :LOL: Tastes yummy!

I've seen rotisserie chickens in regular grocery stores. And I semi-regularly buy the eight pc fryed chicken at the town store (their rotisserie's look pathetic). I was hoping to try out the "famous" Costco rotisserie chicken because so many people here pick them up for dinner. Any other rotisserie chicken just wouldn't be the same :LOL:

I'm thinking today I will make breakfast, so I just took some bacon out of the freezer. I've got about 3/4 lb left. Time to order another pork belly.

Oh John! *swoon* Mr. Reese is so...hot. :) JMO. Haven't caught up yet, still have to see last Tuesday's show. Still have an episode of Castle too, I think. My other 3 shows (Big Bang, NCIS and NCIS LA) are fine without the catching up. I have my priorities. ;)

You should watch last week's NCIS!!! It was very good and it introduces the next Special Agent for the team.

I too, have a burning desire to watch Mr. Reese on the screen...

I'm sitting here watching Animal Planet, before NFL Countdown starts, and after seeing a commercial for one of their reality shows I am wondering what any of those goofballs would do if they actually found Bigfoot :wacko:
I have never seen such a wasted amount of time as watching these shows where they are always on the cusp of finding some elusive (read fantasy) creature, but never do... Funny how they hold my attention when nothign else is on :ermm:

And earlier I broke out the FP and shredded some cabbage. I am trying a new recipe for coleslaw today. One where you mix the cabbage with sugar, salt and celery seed and leave it sit out to wilt and lose its moisture.

I'm gonna cut up a loaf of bread for stuffing/dressing/filling, and dry it out in the oven in prep for Thursday. I couldn't find unseasoned bread cubes at the store.

I'm gonna cut up a loaf of bread for stuffing/dressing/filling, and dry it out in the oven in prep for Thursday. I couldn't find unseasoned bread cubes at the store.

I love Mrs. Cubbison's herbed stuffing mix. I add all my own sauteed veg, giblets and stock. Saves time when I only get one day off.

I love Mrs. Cubbison's herbed stuffing mix. I add all my own sauteed veg, giblets and stock. Saves time when I only get one day off.

Ah! Forgot about Mrs. Cubbison's. All I could find was Pepperidge Farm preseasoned. And way overpriced.

Ah! Forgot about Mrs. Cubbison's. All I could find was Pepperidge Farm preseasoned. And way overpriced.

Any of the packaged ones, seasoned or otherwise are waaay overpriced.

For years I just buy a loaf or two of the cheapest sandwich bread, then freeze them thoroughly. Once frozen, I take 4 slices at a time and cut into cubes about twice the size I want. Put them into my dehydrator and in a few hours I have all the dried bread cubes I need.

Freezing the bread makes it so much easier to cut into cubes. It doesn't squish down when you slice it.

Sonofagun. My most often used burner on my stove won't light.
I think I'll do some monitor shopping for new stoves and dream.

Any of the packaged ones, seasoned or otherwise are waaay overpriced.

For years I just buy a loaf or two of the cheapest sandwich bread, then freeze them thoroughly. Once frozen, I take 4 slices at a time and cut into cubes about twice the size I want. Put them into my dehydrator and in a few hours I have all the dried bread cubes I need.

Freezing the bread makes it so much easier to cut into cubes. It doesn't squish down when you slice it.

Great idea to freeze it, Katie!

Back
Top Bottom