What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sonofagun. My most often used burner on my stove won't light.
I think I'll do some monitor shopping for new stoves and dream.

New stove...a pipe dream.

Cornish game hens will be spatchcocked and roasted in the toaster oven this year.

Freezing it makes a huge difference and sooooo much easier!

In the freezer as we speak. Of course, I had to remove a smoked turkey carcass and a rotisserie chicken carcass to make room. So some chicken noodle soup may replace the chili that I'd planned.

Just got back from the store with most of the week's groceries. Thawed some turkey necks and am about to roast them with veggies and make stock for Thursday's gravy.

I've seen rotisserie chickens in regular grocery stores. And I semi-regularly buy the eight pc fryed chicken at the town store (their rotisserie's look pathetic). I was hoping to try out the "famous" Costco rotisserie chicken because so many people here pick them up for dinner. Any other rotisserie chicken just wouldn't be the same :LOL:
I'm not sure why, but Costco makes the best rotisserie chicken from a regular store, that I have ever eaten.

When I lived in the city, I used to buy rotisserie chicken at a Portuguese place or at a place run by a Central American woman. OMG, those were fabulous, and so were the potatoes roasted at the bottom of the rotisserie, where all the chicken drippings fell.

I'm not sure why, but Costco makes the best rotisserie chicken from a regular store, that I have ever eaten.

When I lived in the city, I used to buy rotisserie chicken at a Portuguese place or at a place run by a Central American woman. OMG, those were fabulous, and so were the potatoes roasted at the bottom of the rotisserie, where all the chicken drippings fell.

Drat. We didn't even think of RC last time we were at Costco. Of course, the cart was so full of other stuff we would have no place to put it, and it would be cold by the time we got home.

Where we go in Mexico, there are so many places that serve wonderful RC, for the US equivalent of about $3, and include sides of rice, beans, tortillas, and spaghetti. I have no idea why they include spaghetti.

Drat. We didn't even think of RC last time we were at Costco. Of course, the cart was so full of other stuff we would have no place to put it, and it would be cold by the time we got home.

Where we go in Mexico, there are so many places that serve wonderful RC, for the US equivalent of about $3, and include sides of rice, beans, tortillas, and spaghetti. I have no idea why they include spaghetti.
The RC from Costco nuke well. They are slightly better nuked the first day than the second. I just learned this.

The last one I brought home, I let it cool down and stuffed it in the fridge. Carved the meat off we wanted the next night and portioned it, tossing the carcass in the freezer. It was perfect for taking to work for a couple of days and Shrek's chicken sandwiches for a few days.

I think he actually took the slices and dipped them in BBQ sauce this time instead of sammies.

I think today I better get the little snowblower going. I haven't started it since last Winter, even though I always say I'm going to run it a few times. I do recall putting gas stabilizer in it though, so hopefully...

I love Mrs. Cubbison's herbed stuffing mix. I add all my own sauteed veg, giblets and stock. Saves time when I only get one day off.

I have never seen Mrs Cubbison's stuffing mix. I will have to look for it when I'm in WalMart. I use Brownberry Oven stuffing mix. It comes plain, seasoned and sage/onion. The pre-seasoned is too spicy for me so I buy a bag of plain and a bag of seasoned and combine them, add my own celery, onion and stock like you do. It is from a company in PA so you might not have it in your area. It's a big bag and was 2 for $5. I don't use it all on Thanksgiving, so I just keep it on hand for when I need a little for stuffed pork chops etc.

All this talk about Rotisserie Chicken reminds me of when I met DH. I was 14. He was 17 and worked in the local grocery store. My mother would send me to the store for a chicken. That was the first place we knew that made their own rotisserie chickens back in the 50's. I would walk through the store and look for him. If he wasn't there, I would leave and come back in an hour or so. Meanwhile, my mother was at home waiting for the chicken! LOL Long story short, we went our separate ways. Ran into each other 15 years later and the rest is history!

Back
Top Bottom