"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #7451
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Today I have been to the shops to get some things and I also went to the dentists and had a clean
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #7452
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
I spent all day in bed nursing my migraine and was able to sleep it off in time to have our usual "dinner and a movie" when TB got home from work. I made a chicken stir-fry and we watched the latest Footloose. It was good - very close to the original, just updated. Loved hearing the blast from the past music!

The problem is now I can't sleep because I slept most of the day. I have a minor headache, but nothing like I had. Oh well, hopefully I can have a light snack and get to sleep. I have a naturopath appointment in the morning!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #7453
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,032
I just got back from my pre-op appt. All is well and I am scheduled for the 18th. Got a good report from my cardio doctor.

I woke up at 9:20 this morning. My pickup was at 9:30. I didn't know I could still move that fast.

When I was done and waiting outside having a cigarette, there were two men walking by. "Sir," I yelled. Again, "Sir". They stopped. "Don't I know you from somewhere? You look very familiar. Almost like my youngest son."

"Gee thanks for embarrassing me Mom."

He deserved it. I had to ask what his son looked like now. And a few other questions. He was headed back to his office at the hospital.

I almost didn't stop him. When he told me that he would be working there, we struck up an agreement between us. Ethically he can never treat me. I have always known that. And I told him I would never use his name in any conversation. We have to maintain a professional existence between us at the hospital. I never want to cause him any embarrassment or problems in his job.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #7454
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I just got back from my pre-op appt. All is well and I am scheduled for the 18th. Got a good report from my cardio doctor.

I woke up at 9:20 this morning. My pickup was at 9:30. I didn't know I could still move that fast.

When I was done and waiting outside having a cigarette, there were two men walking by. "Sir," I yelled. Again, "Sir". They stopped. "Don't I know you from somewhere? You look very familiar. Almost like my youngest son."

"Gee thanks for embarrassing me Mom."

He deserved it. I had to ask what his son looked like now. And a few other questions. He was headed back to his office at the hospital.

I almost didn't stop him. When he told me that he would be working there, we struck up an agreement between us. Ethically he can never treat me. I have always known that. And I told him I would never use his name in any conversation. We have to maintain a professional existence between us at the hospital. I never want to cause him any embarrassment or problems in his job.
During Christmas season, I once rung up an order for a lady and asked for ID for her check before I realized she was my Mom. Learned my lesson, since that time I always looked each customer in the eye and said "Hello" before touching their order. The customer is the important part of the transaction, not what they are buying.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #7455
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
During Christmas season, I once rung up an order for a lady and asked for ID for her check before I realized she was my Mom. Learned my lesson, since that time I always looked each customer in the eye and said "Hello" before touching their order. The customer is the important part of the transaction, not what they are buying.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #7456
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Yesterday I received my new Mac Mini

It boots up ever so fast, as Steve had it custom built and had a Fusion Drive put in, which makes everything so much faster...it was $300 extra, but well worth it so there is hardly any waiting at all and everything opens superfast

There are heaps of new things going on with this new one compared to my previous Mac Mini, so it was fun setting it all up last night, re installing everything as you have to start from scratch...we were up till quite late doing them, so we did not get much sleep sadly

This morning I will be going to see mum
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #7457
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
I just recently got back from the pool & had a late, light supper. Relaxing in front of the tv in my recliner now.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #7458
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,032
So I go downstairs to the Christmas Party. Made a polite appearance. Came back upstairs and Spike was here with Teddy. Better company. He is working on the computer and I am watching TV. I start to get a pain in my upper arm. Take a hit of the nitro spray. Wait five minutes, Pain subsides a little, but not enough to say it has gone away. Take a second hit. It has been eons since I have had to take a second hit. "Oh God, please not now. I want that surgery." The pain is less, but in both shoulders. It has been more than 15 minutes since the last spray. Then I remember that I hadn't taken my meds yet today. So I get the Ranexa. That med is for the angina. I take two and wait. If this doesn't work, then I HAVE to call 911. There's goes the surgery. Fortunately it worked. I knew it was angina, but I couldn't get it under control. The pain for a heart attack is different for me from a heart attack. That is when I get the pain dead center in my chest. Angina is always in my upper arms.

My whole day started under stress. My pickup time was 9:30 and I woke up at 9:20. I had laid out everything the night before. More stress at the hospital. Was I going to pass my pre-op? Waiting for my pickup. More stress. Exhausted by the time I get home. I fall asleep. In a deep sleep. There is a banging on my door loud enough to wake me up. "Am I coming down to the party?" Jump on my scooter and go downstairs. Couldn't escape fast enough. Spent about 30 minutes there. Lied about getting a phone call that I had company upstairs waiting for me. It was Spike. No wonder I got a bad case of angina.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #7459
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So I go downstairs to the Christmas Party. Made a polite appearance. Came back upstairs and Spike was here with Teddy. Better company. He is working on the computer and I am watching TV. I start to get a pain in my upper arm. Take a hit of the nitro spray. Wait five minutes, Pain subsides a little, but not enough to say it has gone away. Take a second hit. It has been eons since I have had to take a second hit. "Oh God, please not now. I want that surgery." The pain is less, but in both shoulders. It has been more than 15 minutes since the last spray. Then I remember that I hadn't taken my meds yet today. So I get the Ranexa. That med is for the angina. I take two and wait. If this doesn't work, then I HAVE to call 911. There's goes the surgery. Fortunately it worked. I knew it was angina, but I couldn't get it under control. The pain for a heart attack is different for me from a heart attack. That is when I get the pain dead center in my chest. Angina is always in my upper arms.

My whole day started under stress. My pickup time was 9:30 and I woke up at 9:20. I had laid out everything the night before. More stress at the hospital. Was I going to pass my pre-op? Waiting for my pickup. More stress. Exhausted by the time I get home. I fall asleep. In a deep sleep. There is a banging on my door loud enough to wake me up. "Am I coming down to the party?" Jump on my scooter and go downstairs. Couldn't escape fast enough. Spent about 30 minutes there. Lied about getting a phone call that I had company upstairs waiting for me. It was Spike. No wonder I got a bad case of angina.
I am sorry to hear about the pain you had to endure today. Take care.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #7460
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Good afternoon

Had a lovely time at mums, lots of coffee and lots of chat

Ads, hope you are feeling better soon xx
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.