What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. Almost 24 hours since the last post here. Everybody must be taking it easy before the holiday but me, lol.
I just ran my snowblower into the shop. Like I said, I tried to get it going yesterday, but no spark. My guess is mice again. Hopefully it's nothing too major. He said if he had to order a part it wouldn't be until next week with the holiday and his vendors closing.

I thought he was getting his driver's license renewed today. See what happens when you have four threads to post in every morning? :ROFLMAO:

Yes. Kind of stupid all the duplicate threads we've been getting lately.
Hard to keep up with them all. Especially when you only want to follow one subject.
All this talk of driving and I missed Andy was getting his license renewed.
Thanks.

Just got back from renewing my license. It took me 90 minutes at the RMV. You have no idea how much I HATE TO WAIT for anything.

That seems like a long time, Andy. I don't think it's ever taken me more than twenty minutes.

I just finished putting in my driveway reflectors. I just stuck them in by hand, but they'll be good enough for now in case we get the snow they are calling for tonight.

Starting to think about dinner...

That seems like a long time, Andy. I don't think it's ever taken me more than twenty minutes...

Twenty minutes would have been great! The office is in the adjacent city and was crowded. When you walk in, everyone has to check in at one window to get the necessary forms and a ticket. That was the first hold up. There was some kid there trying to explain why he shouldn't have had his registration and license suspended and his insurance cancelled. That took a while. Then I filled out the form and got a ticket/number to wait my turn.

My ticket said I'd have a 19 minute wait. A quick check showed there are 12 windows so I figured the wait would be reasonable. Problem #1 - half the windows were unmanned. Problem #2 - half the city was waiting for service. I walked out of the RMV with a temporary license in a blindingly fast 90 minutes!

I used to do the renewal the day after Thanksgiving but that's one of the busiest days of the year.

Last edited:
I feel spoiled. When I have to renew my license, I go to the CAA (AAA, but Canadian) about 1.5 km away and just get in line. Usually wait 5-20 minutes to get to a wicket. Then I pay my money and, if necessary, have my picture taken. I never remember to mail them a cheque in time, so I always have to go. There is a $3.00 service fee, but even if I went to an SAAQ office, I would have to pay that.

We ordered out for supper. I rushed off to the grocery store and picked up a few essentials (coffee, milk, camembert,...) before the snowstorm arrives. Then, again in anticipation of the snowstorm, we finally got the grill and patio furniture covered with a tarp. I also covered the now empty composter that I am giving to a friend.

Andy, what do they do then, mail you your real license?
PA issues you the real thing right there, complete with picture and whatever newfangled overlay they came up with since last time.
BTW, what is R? We call it DVM, Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

Andy, what do they do then, mail you your real license?
PA issues you the real thing right there, complete with picture and whatever newfangled overlay they came up with since last time.
BTW, what is R? We call it DVM, Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

We used to be able to get a new license with picture then and there in Iowa, then some genius decided we'd just get a piece of paper and get the real deal mailed a month or so later. The last plastications were horrible, and everything peeled off in a couple of weeks.

I was told I would receive my permanent license in about seven days. Yes, Registry of Motor Vehicles. We just call it the Registry.

They have changed the material and process for the licenses. Licenses used to be laminated plastic and you left the RMV with your permanent license. The new licenses are printed on a cheap plastic with no lamination and they have to mail it to you.

DH was very surprised when he went to get his license replaced as the plastic had disintegrated. We were headed to Mexico in a week. They gave him a paper copy, and threw the old one away. He had to beg and plead for the DMV to dig the old peeling license out of the garbage and give it back to him, as a paper copy would not do for international travel car rental.

Well, it's apparent that I'll need to make more gravy. I got about 3/4 of a quart yogurt container full. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom