What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our drivers licenses are sturdy plastic, like a credit card and have holographic strip that says Québec alternating with a fleur de lys.

Our licenses have to last 7 years...they are sturdy, too and mailed to us. I think the DMV has moved twice since I got my last license.

I should be sleeping, right? Instead, I'm listening to the rain pound the heck out of the windows. I love the sound of rain (could hear it on the roof at my parents' house - not good insulation but rather entertaining) and would leave my earplugs out to listen, but with the barky dogs next door I'm not sure I'll get to sleep past 7:00AM. A pox on the owners if they put the dogs out for any length of time if it's raining like this later this morning.

Couldn't sleep. Up since 3 30 am, now it's 6. Time to jump in the shower & get to work. It makes it a happy day when a Wednesday feels like a Friday! Happy Thanksgiving!

I just finished snowblowing 4" of the wettest snow I've ever seen. I had to unclog the chute even. I thought I had sheared a pin until I looked things over.

Early MD appointment then off to work. We had 5 admits on Monday and 6 yesterday...13 discharges in the last two days. The hospitals are dumping and everyone wants to go home. Today will be a bear!!!

Our photo license center goes pretty fast. There isn't usually a line. We pay the fee ahead of time and they send us paperwork. We take that to the photo license center and get the picture taken and the permanent license is done within minutes and you are on your way. I received my paperwork that's good until January. I don't know if our center handles paying the fee if you forgot to renew. They probably do, but I have never forgotten, yet!

Our RMV does not send out renewal notices. Five years ago, SO and I both forgot and renewed late.

This year SO was able to renew online and they just mailed her the license. I did that in the past but now that I've passed 65 YO, I have to go in every time. I had the option to keep the same photo or take a new one. I kept the old one.

Last edited:
Our RMV does not send out renewal notices. Five years ago, SO and I both forgot and renewed late.

This year SO was able to renew online and they just mailed her the license. I did that in the past but now that I've passed 65 YO, I have to go in every time. I had the option to keep the same photo or take a new one. I kept the old one.

I always get a new picture because my hair color keeps changing. LOL When I go, I will see if they give me the option of keeping the old pic.

I'm tidying up loose papers - did some rearranging of my Medicare programs yesterday. I'm trying to make sure I wrote down all the pertinent names and numbers so I won't have to strain my brain if I should have to recreate the new setup later. Those phone ladies were so nice to work with :) -- makes headachey chores like this so much easier.

Our photo license center goes pretty fast. There isn't usually a line. We pay the fee ahead of time and they send us paperwork. We take that to the photo license center and get the picture taken and the permanent license is done within minutes and you are on your way. I received my paperwork that's good until January. I don't know if our center handles paying the fee if you forgot to renew. They probably do, but I have never forgotten, yet!

They do not. You still need to mail it in, but sometimes your congressman can push it through faster if you take your renewal to his office.
I had mine expire when I moved. I did not know they will not forward your renewal to a new address and didn't know it had expired until I went to get a new cell phone a couple years later.

...I did not know they will not forward your renewal to a new address and didn't know it had expired until I went to get a new cell phone a couple years later.

We found out when SO went to the bank and they asked for ID. They wouldn't accept her license since it had expired.

Andy, what do they do then, mail you your real license?
PA issues you the real thing right there, complete with picture and whatever newfangled overlay they came up with since last time.
BTW, what is R? We call it DVM, Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

The "R" stands for Registry of Motor Vehicles. But when talking, we just call it "The Registry". Everyone knows what you mean. :angel:

Last edited:

Having my daughter work at the headquarters of the Registry, she makes sure that they send me a new address label for the back of my ID. I got my ID before they put an expiration dates on them. So my ID will never expire. For the first time in my life, I actually like my picture on my ID. :angel:

Oh yes! It would be about all the horror stories of the drivers who go there to settle a problem and the nightmares they go through. I see him as the head and having all these problems dropped on his desk. It becomes his job to solve them. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom