What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes! It would be about all the horror stories of the drivers who go there to settle a problem and the nightmares they go through. I see him as the head and having all these problems dropped on his desk. It becomes his job to solve them. :angel:

Hmmm, I see him as the person who heads up an organization to eliminate drivers whith a lot of points (for violations) on their license :ermm::LOL:

Our RMV does not send out renewal notices. Five years ago, SO and I both forgot and renewed late.

This year SO was able to renew online and they just mailed her the license. I did that in the past but now that I've passed 65 YO, I have to go in every time. I had the option to keep the same photo or take a new one. I kept the old one.

We don't get reminders. When I renewed late some years ago, I had to retake the written test. After DH's license expired this year, they caught it going through security at the airport. Thankfully it was a domestic flight, and they let him through anyway. He didn't have to retake the test. :mad:

Last edited:
Ala Michael Douglas in The Star Chamber. Eliminate :angel:
We all know how you New Englanders drive :LOL:

Since we moved here I've wanted to mount a huge hatchet on the front bumper of my car. Every time someone coming out of a street or parking lot to my right intrudes into my lane, hoping they can then gain the pity of the traffic going opposite direction, and blocks my lane for ages (because the opposing traffic just won't let them in) I want to hatchet their car so they can't drive anymore. Drivers in the towns either side of ours do this all the time because of the narrow roads and street parking. "Me First! Me First!" ARGH! :mad:

If I have to turn left into heavy traffic I either go around a block or two so I can turn at the light or I turn right, then left into a street, and do a 180 so I can then turn in the direction I need to go.

Oh, and I need a huge light-up sign on my rear bumper. It would say "I refuse to get a ticket just because you want to go faster". Don't even start on tailgaters...

I'm heading out to the garage to clean a few things and move some of the Christmas stuff around so I can reach it in the next week. Warmish today (although I frittered away the 58 degree weather and now have only upper 40s) but the cold is moving in for a while again soon. I swear Mother Nature is going through menopause...

I am doing nothing... well, struggling with DC and typing.
There is 6" of snow in the driveway and I intend to leave it there.
Ths is what it lookslike if I tpe at regular sed here.

Just finished doing the hand washable stuff from yesterday. Pots, pans, etc. The rack the turkey roasted on is now soaking in the sink to make it easier to get the crud off.

Not sure what I want to do but know there's plenty I should be doing.

All the housecleaning and most of the laundry has been done and out on the line. Just have one more load to put into the washer.

I pulled out my bag of Christmas cards yesterday with my address list and list of folks we exchange cards with. I probably should get to work on those. Only a couple of dozen but I always like to get our cards done and out by the first week of December.

Still have doll clothes to finish and more to make, which doesn't take very long for me. So much quicker and easier than making "big people" duds. I want to knit some outfits, too. I do that while we watch TV in the evenings.

I should also take inventory of what we'll need for our upcoming trip to see some of the grandchildren, but that's a while off and I can delay doing that.

Hmmmm. What to do? What to do? What to do?

One thing's for certain...I won't have to cook tonight. Wonder why?!:rolleyes:

SO is off with her son and DIL to shop for a Christmas tree. She is going to use it outside for a decoration with lighted presents in front of the condo. I just finished cleaning the stove.

I may just be getting too old for this crap. I was exhausted yesterday and promptly fell asleep when my family left. Of course my step son and his wife were out before I was.

Just finished straining the broth made from the turkey carcass.

In the morning, after it cools, I will use some to make a small pot of soup and freeze the rest.

What's going up outside, Andy, real or fake?

Real. They came back with a 3'-4' tree already in a stand. We put it in a 5 gallon bucket with sand to stabilize it and put it up on a little metal table. She's out there putting on the lights right now. I'm not allowed to participate except to figure out why it doesn't work when she tries to turn it on.

RAK

I just got off the phone with The Pirate. He was right behind an accident on I93 and stopped. An 18 wheeler clipped a car, spun it around and it flew into a concrete abutment. The driver was hurt, but the elderly woman in the back was in bad shape. She had been pushed down under the back of the front seat. The Pirate had to force doors open to get to her. He said you could see she had a broken hip. A nurse showed up and between them and others that stopped got her stabilized. She had a nasty gash on her head and asked someone for a clean white napkin. Then gave them instructions on how to open it without contamination. There is more to the story, but he kept her from going into shock by demanding a man give over his coast to keep her warm. When the FD arrived they complimented him. The stupid State Trooper came back with the remark, "At least you don't have any outstanding warrants." Two women seriously hurt and they are worried about warrants? They never did offer to help with the victims, only the accident and how it happened. And if my son had any outstanding warrants. Sounds about right for our State Police. Gotta get that collar no matter what! The female Statie didn't like it when the local cop told her to get out of the way, she wasn't helping the victims any. And then they wonder why folks don't like to get involved. Both victims were air lifted to a hospital in Boston. :angel: And a couple for the victims. :angel::angel:

Last edited:
Real. They came back with a 3'-4' tree already in a stand. We put it in a 5 gallon bucket with sand to stabilize it and put it up on a little metal table. She's out there putting on the lights right now. I'm not allowed to participate except to figure out why it doesn't work when she tries to turn it on.

Interesting. I've never seen a display like that.
You'll have to share a night time pic once it's all set up, snowy and everything. And you have the lights figured out ;)

Interesting. I've never seen a display like that.
You'll have to share a night time pic once it's all set up, snowy and everything. And you have the lights figured out ;)

My in-laws did that when they lived in a small mobile home in Florida. When it's inside, there's lots of room under the table for presents ;)

Back
Top Bottom