"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #7481
Chef Extraordinaire

Been out to do the grocery shopping, have come home, put it all away but now need to head out again, some other bits and pieces to get, thankfully we have really good airconditioning in the car too

Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #7482
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I'm watching a very tall construction crane being erected right across the street from my work.
I'm in the wrong business. I knew I should have listened to my childhood instincts, as I play with Erector and Lego sets daily and should have eventually gone into the construction business and become a crane operator. :)
When the Big Dig was going on, fathers would bring their small kids to where ever the cranes and other big equipment was working. They considered it a day out with their kids. And it was. Even grownups (like myself) would stop and watch. I loved watching the expressions of their little faces. They would have to tip their little heads back as far as they could to see the top of the cranes. At South Staion, there more as many as ten cranes working. A childs dream site.

One of the things that drove me crazy was I was working at South Station area. I would go to work in one direction. Come out at ten a.m. to get a snack, and the sidwalk was gone. Along with the street.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #7483
Certified Cake Maniac

I am sitting in the emergency room with TB only this time he is the patient. I had to pick him up at his bus because he had the shakes and was very weak. He has had fatigue and chest pains a few days ago. we are just waiting for the doctor.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #7484
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am sitting in the emergency room with TB only this time he is the patient. I had to pick him up at his bus because he had the shakes and was very weak. He has had fatigue and chest pains a few days ago. we are just waiting for the doctor.
Oh, LP, TB, hope everything's OK! Best wishes and good thoughts!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #7485
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, LP, TB, hope everything's OK! Best wishes and good thoughts!
+1
Take care!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #7486
Chef Extraordinaire

+2 Do keep us informed. And one for you and one for hubby.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #7487
Chef Extraordinaire

Spike just left. It was a very short visit. I have never seen him so tired. It makes we worry. He has had eight heart attacks and when he gets tired, it takes a lot out of him. It will take a couple of days for him to feel rested enough.

The old lady next door to me gave me some small milk bones for Teddy. I didn't think he would eat them. He gobbled them down like he had never eaten before. The funny part is that Teddy barks every time she goes into her apartment. She is the only one he barks at. He just doesn't like her.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #7488
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Spike just left. It was a very short visit. I have never seen him so tired. It makes we worry. He has had eight heart attacks and when he gets tired, it takes a lot out of him. It will take a couple of days for him to feel rested enough.

The old lady next door to me gave me some small milk bones for Teddy. I didn't think he would eat them. He gobbled them down like he had never eaten before. The funny part is that Teddy barks every time she goes into her apartment. She is the only one he barks at. He just doesn't like her.
Maybe he knew that she had dog biscuits in there and wasn't sharing. ;)
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #7489
Certified Cake Maniac

It looks like TB and I are sharing diagnoses. It looks like he had low blood sugar and when I tiold him to eat his sandwich before I got to the bus he started to get better. They are testing for diabetes. At least it wasn't his heart. Thanks for your good wishes.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #7490
Certified Cake Maniac

Well, we are home and no closer to a diagnosis. They are checking for heart, stroke, blood sugar, thyroid and anything else you can imagine.

I am trying to talk him out of going to work tomorrow but because he has no more sick days he doesn't want to do it. His work is being great - one of the supervisors went to the (wrong) hospital to see him and the other left messages on home and cell phones.

I am tired and need to get up in the morning to drive him back for tests but I wanted to thank my DC family for your support. I am so glad my health has improved so much so that now I can be there for him.