What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good to be home. My relatives with the exception of my sister are all lovely people. We got to spend time with some of them and spent the next day at Costco and a movie. It was a sock purchase day at Costco. We showed remarkable restraint, and brought home a lot of socks.

Beagle is very thankful to be back sleeping in her sunbeam. She's exhausted after bullying the heck out of her 75 pound canine cousin and being tortured by BIL's overweight Siamese cat.

Today has been a day of baking. Chocolate cupcakes filled with homemade caramel with marshmallow meringue frosting, and a sour cream apple pie is baking.

I'm enjoying the aroma of turkey stock simmering on the stove, about to put a loaf of bread into the oven. DH cut down part of our overgrown bay tree and a friend came by to get some of the stems for holiday decorating. Time to start thinking about dinner.

I'm starting to think about dinner, too. As in do I want any.
I had a huge Canadian bacon sub for lunch... after finishing off the turkey sausage (I'm going to have to buy that more often) and I am really not too sure what my plans will be tonight in the supper department. The Coor's light is tasting pretty good though.

Today has been a day of baking. Chocolate cupcakes filled with homemade caramel with marshmallow meringue frosting, and a sour cream apple pie is baking.

Oh :yum:

I washed all our new Costco socks. I'll gift a few coworkers with The World's Softest Socks along with some Lindor Truffles for Christmas. We all seem to gift each other with socks every year.

DH, Beagle and I just got back from a nice walk, temp was 49°F.

It's good to be home. My relatives with the exception of my sister are all lovely people. We got to spend time with some of them and spent the next day at Costco and a movie. It was a sock purchase day at Costco. We showed remarkable restraint, and brought home a lot of socks.

Beagle is very thankful to be back sleeping in her sunbeam. She's exhausted after bullying the heck out of her 75 pound canine cousin and being tortured by BIL's overweight Siamese cat.
I'm glad to read that you had a good time

Did you check for the cotton panties at Costco?

I made http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/danish-red-cabbage-r-dk-l-roedkaal-69012.html#post948219. I used the new food processor to slice the cabbage. Wow! That was quick. But, bits of cabbage got into every nook and cranny of the lid, the bowl and the slicing blade. It was still quick, even counting clean up time. It did leave more pieces big than I would have liked. I didn't worry too much about the ones that weren't huge, since this batch will be just for me and Stirling. If I am making it for guests, I will probably slice the cabbage using the mandolin. It will take a little bit longer, but there won't be as many big pieces and they will be easier to spot, so I can slice them by hand.

I made http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/danish-red-cabbage-r-dk-l-roedkaal-69012.html#post948219. I used the new food processor to slice the cabbage. Wow! That was quick. But, bits of cabbage got into every nook and cranny of the lid, the bowl and the slicing blade. It was still quick, even counting clean up time. It did leave more pieces big than I would have liked. I didn't worry too much about the ones that weren't huge, since this batch will be just for me and Stirling. If I am making it for guests, I will probably slice the cabbage using the mandolin. It will take a little bit longer, but there won't be as many big pieces and they will be easier to spot, so I can slice them by hand.

That'll happen. You can't beat a FP and shredding blade for slaw, but is it worth it? I say yes.

I'm watching The Lovely Bones for the second time and cooking dinner.

Just relaxing, after getting the mammoth tree up and "fluffing" all the branches. Unfortunately this pre-lit 12 ft tree had a couple of un-lit branches after we got it set up, so DH had to fill in a couple of dark spots with extra lights. Now, the decorating can begin, but I don't have anymore oomph tonight ;) so there is always tomorrow and the rest of next week......not looking forward to 700 trips up and down the 10 ft ladder :( Why do I do this to myself lol!

Just relaxing, after getting the mammoth tree up and "fluffing" all the branches. Unfortunately this pre-lit 12 ft tree had a couple of un-lit branches after we got it set up, so DH had to fill in a couple of dark spots with extra lights. Now, the decorating can begin, but I don't have anymore oomph tonight ;) so there is always tomorrow and the rest of next week......not looking forward to 700 trips up and down the 10 ft ladder :( Why do I do this to myself lol!

Because it looks so pretty when it's done?

I just got off the phone with The Pirate. He was right behind an accident on I93 and stopped. An 18 wheeler clipped a car, spun it around and it flew into a concrete abutment. The driver was hurt, but the elderly woman in the back was in bad shape. She had been pushed down under the back of the front seat. The Pirate had to force doors open to get to her. He said you could see she had a broken hip. A nurse showed up and between them and others that stopped got her stabilized. She had a nasty gash on her head and asked someone for a clean white napkin. Then gave them instructions on how to open it without contamination. There is more to the story, but he kept her from going into shock by demanding a man give over his coast to keep her warm. When the FD arrived they complimented him. The stupid State Trooper came back with the remark, "At least you don't have any outstanding warrants." Two women seriously hurt and they are worried about warrants? They never did offer to help with the victims, only the accident and how it happened. And if my son had any outstanding warrants. Sounds about right for our State Police. Gotta get that collar no matter what! The female Statie didn't like it when the local cop told her to get out of the way, she wasn't helping the victims any. And then they wonder why folks don't like to get involved. Both victims were air lifted to a hospital in Boston. :angel: And a couple for the victims. :angel::angel:
So nice of him to stop & help, sounds like he was raised right! Hope it all turns out well.:angel::angel:

Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.

Good luck with the surgery PF. Make sure you let us know before hand so we can bombard you with positive thoughts!

Going to enjoy a little Castle (rerun) time with a kitty on my lap. Hoping for an earlier to bed for me...I've been burning the midnight oil far to late into the wee hours out of stupidity. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom