What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This weekend I decided to do an antenna project. I have over the air TV, no cable. I've been using a big, old style antenna for a few years and it's been doing well, but wondered if I could get more channels. Everything is in my attic.

I built one from watching youtube videos using wire, a board, screws, washers, and a simple transformer, all in all about $10 worth of materials, all available at Lowes.

I built it and after some tweaking and covering a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil, I am now able to get channels broadcasting from 2 different directions! I have picked up 7 new stations and seems like I've been able to make PBS more stable. No amplifiers just wire arranged just so, pretty cool!

It's been a delightfully nerdy weekend.

Last edited:
Oh, what a sweetie and such lovely, long fingers. Piano?

Check out Barbra Streisand's The Best Gift. It'll make your heart melt and bring tears to your eyes. It's one of the most beautiful Christmas songs ever written. It fits little miss Cheyenne to a T.

Talk about heartmelting tears Katie!! Yes, it's a perfect song by one of the most talented singers to ever live!
You noticed Cheyenne's long slender hands and fingers I've always wanted to have. Maybe they will be as graceful as Barbra Streisand's.

Talk about heartmelting tears Katie!! Yes, it's a perfect song by one of the most talented singers to ever live!
You noticed Cheyenne's long slender hands and fingers I've always wanted to have. Maybe they will be as graceful as Barbra Streisand's.

I thought you'd like it, Kayelle.

It is special to me because I was told I would never have any children. However, through medical intervention and pure Irish stubbornness, my first child was born December 5, 1970. I've always thought of this as my and Shawn's song.

What a lovely story Katie. My parents have been gone a long time, but I was always told I was their best gift just three days before Christmas. I still miss hearing that from them.

I just got back from the hospital visiting Cheyenne Marie. This is the first time I've been able to hold her and my heart melted holding my tiny 3lb grand daughter in my arms.:heart: She should be able to come home for Christmas!! I made her pink hat, but I'll make a Christmas elf hat to wear home.

img_1323253_0_ded108bbd65a37f81fdb780e0b573b08.jpg

So tiny and precious! Congtatulations, KL!

This weekend I decided to do an antenna project. I have over the air TV, no cable. I've been using a big, old style antenna for a few years and it's been doing well, but wondered if I could get more channels. Everything is in my attic.

I built one from watching youtube videos using wire, a board, screws, washers, and a simple transformer, all in all about $10 worth of materials, all available at Lowes.

I built it and after some tweaking and covering a piece of cardboard with aluminum foil, I am now able to get channels broadcasting from 2 different directions! I have picked up 7 new stations and seems like I've been able to make PBS more stable. No amplifiers just wire arranged just so, pretty cool!

It's been a delightfully nerdy weekend.

This fascinates me. I like to do things like this!

We have DirecTV, but I've jerryrigged every other TV in the house.

I just got back from the hospital visiting Cheyenne Marie. This is the first time I've been able to hold her and my heart melted holding my tiny 3lb grand daughter in my arms.:heart: She should be able to come home for Christmas!! I made her pink hat, but I'll make a Christmas elf hat to wear home.

What a beautiful child. You are so lucky to have this baby in your life. Congratulations to everyone !

This fascinates me. I like to do things like this!

We have DirecTV, but I've jerryrigged every other TV in the house.

I've read how awesome these homemade antennas are, so I watched a bunch of videos to make sure I was doing everything right and built it. Better than the other 2 store bought antennas.

I really love projects like this, finding inexpensive and useful solutions!

BIL used to work for Butterball, now for Armstrong. He gifted us with about 10 pounds of amazing meat, one package was half turkey, half ham, entitled Bacon Club. Seriously, both ham and turkey breast in one loaf, all rolled in cooked bacon. The other is Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast. We tried some Bacon Club, it is awesome! They're currently not available to the public, as they're experimental, but when they are available, I will buy them!

I whacked them up into chunks and put them through the Foodsaver into more useable packages. Froze some. Brought half of the packages to a neighbor who is still recovering from a motorcycle accident along with her skin grafts, and included some chicken noodle soup. We had a nice visit.

Last edited:
I have been trying to stay off my foot. Impossible! I seem to have developed a love affair with the toilet bowl. I am at the point where I might just set up my bed in the tub.

My foot has been feeling good these past two days. Then today comes with running back and forth to the outhouse. Some of the pain has come back, but it is tolerable. I don't need to take a Vicodin for it. I can now touch the area where the broken bone is. I really want to sleep, but that is impossible. As soon as I doze off, I have to jump up and head for the outhouse. :angel:

Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.
I will keep you in positive thoughts & prayers. Hope you can get things scheduled quickly & all goes well. Please, keep us posted.:angel:

img_1323357_0_ded108bbd65a37f81fdb780e0b573b08.jpg

Kayelle, she is beautiful! What a wonderful little bundle of blessing right in time for the holidays. Takes me back to when our two were born at 3 1/2 and four pounds (they were premie twins), but to look at them today you'd never know they had a rough start. He's now 6' 1 1/2" of lean muscle but his 5' 9" sister can still take him down! :LOL:

Make sure you post a photo of Cheyenne as Santa's elf when you get that hat on her head. ;)

BIL used to work for Butterball, now for Armstrong. He gifted us with about 10 pounds of amazing meat, one package was half turkey, half ham, entitled Bacon Club. Seriously, both ham and turkey breast in one loaf, all rolled in cooked bacon. The other is Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast. We tried some Bacon Club, it is awesome! They're currently not available to the public, as they're experimental, but when they are available, I will buy them!

I whacked them up into chunks and put them through the Foodsaver into more useable packages. Froze some. Brought half of the packages to a neighbor who is still recovering from a motorcycle accident along with her skin grafts, and included some chicken noodle soup. We had a nice visit.

You need to find a way to get a little Swiss cheese in there :yum:

I have been trying to stay off my foot. Impossible! I seem to have developed a love affair with the toilet bowl. I am at the point where I might just set up my bed in the tub.

My foot has been feeling good these past two days. Then today comes with running back and forth to the outhouse. Some of the pain has come back, but it is tolerable. I don't need to take a Vicodin for it. I can now touch the area where the broken bone is. I really want to sleep, but that is impossible. As soon as I doze off, I have to jump up and head for the outhouse. :angel:

You could try taking some Imodium so you can get some rest.

Just had a little tête-à-tête with Miss Clairol in which she agreed to get me back to Glenn's dark-haired gypsy girl. I was getting a little, um, let's just say light around the edges. All done and looks good. Now all I need to do is to polish up the jangles on my tambourine and put on some new holiday ribbons.:LOL:

Mamma and I are back from the vet with Kali. She seems to be fine! But we're waiting for the test results, which should be done by 5pm.

So, we are both here looking at posts and waiting for my phone to start barking.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom