What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1324046_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif
Wine up the nose is NOT funny. :glare: :LOL:

Thanks for all the shoe suggestions ladies. And taxy, I have a bunion, fallen arches, and high insteps. Himself's cousin had foot surgery a while back, and now her foot is worse off than before! Not interested in going that route. Gotta admit I love summer best - my feet enjoy it most when they are bare or just in sox. No shoes. If my one foot starts to hurt I just wrap an old Ace wrist support around it at the arch and I'm good to go!

The LLBean moccasins look pretty comfy, and so does their price. Bonus, there is an LLB store on the way to one of the two Penzeys stores we've gone to, each about 45 miles away. Will have to check them out after the holidays.
I have met a few people who had foot surgery for bunions and none of them were happy with it.

Yeah, with bunions it gets harder to find shoes that fit. Fit is my big issue. I only buy leather shoes and I make sure the lining is leather or stretchy. Those shoes are going to have to stretch at the bunion. Sometimes I can find sandals that don't go across the bunion, then the shoes don't have to be leather.

Good luck with the shoe hunt.

My opinion might change when I get older ;) but the one I got for a wedding present broke at least 20 years ago and I haven't felt the need to replace it.

I had a different one before and I couldn't get the hang of it. We still have a manual in case the power goes out, but this one works great. A can opener isn't really a big priority item! LOL

I have met a few people who had foot surgery for bunions and none of them were happy with it.

Yeah, with bunions it gets harder to find shoes that fit. Fit is my big issue. I only buy leather shoes and I make sure the lining is leather or stretchy. Those shoes are going to have to stretch at the bunion. Sometimes I can find sandals that don't go across the bunion, then the shoes don't have to be leather.

Good luck with the shoe hunt.

My daughter has had the surgery more than once. And as you said, Not Happy! It comes from her wearing those dang pointed high heels. Now it is only flats or heels no higher than 1.5 inches. She has also had her toenails removed more than once. Pointed heels again, the cause. :angel:

My daughter has had the surgery more than once. And as you said, Not Happy! It comes from her wearing those dang pointed high heels. Now it is only flats or heels no higher than 1.5 inches. She has also had her toenails removed more than once. Pointed heels again, the cause. :angel:
They say that bunions aren't caused by wearing pointy shoes. I don't doubt that it isn't the only possible cause. I have had bunions since I was a teenager, wearing those danged pointy shoes.

They say that bunions aren't caused by wearing pointy shoes. I don't doubt that it isn't the only possible cause. I have had bunions since I was a teenager, wearing those danged pointy shoes.

Bunions are mostly caused by pressure on the bit toe. My problem was always corns and blisters. That and trying to find size 5EEE. Open toe heels during my working days. Against company rules, but I didn't care. I cared about my feet more. :angel:

Can't be just pointy-toed shoes - never wore them in my life. Never wore heels over 2", but those were only for holiday church dress-up. Usually wore flats or near-flats. Never wore plastic/vinyl/cheap shoes either. Mom started me with Buster Browns (remember wiggling your toes as they were bombarded with x-rays? :ohmy: :LOL: ) and I've always worn leather or quality fabric (Keds, et al) all my life. Oh, and my aunt The Nun had toenails removed. And she wore Nun Shoes. Definitely NOT pointy! :LOL:

I have never worn tight, pointy or high shoes. Foot comfort does not come at too steep a price for me. Of course, I have the feet of a Hobbit...

Oh joy! I have to go to Winthrop today for my monthly checkup. I wish they would just leave me alone and I would let them know when I need them. :angel:

Oh joy! I have to go to Winthrop today for my monthly checkup. I wish they would just leave me alone and I would let them know when I need them. :angel:

It has to do with payment systems and requirements for your medical benefits. You have to be seen once a month. We have the same thing at work, but trying to keep all the docs on the compliance schedule is a PITB.

It has to do with payment systems and requirements for your medical benefits. You have to be seen once a month. We have the same thing at work, but trying to keep all the docs on the compliance schedule is a PITB.

Every six month we get reevaluated. Can I cook my meals, do my own housework, etc. The last question they ask me is "What is your goal?" I give them the same one. "To not need you folks anymore." But I know it will never happen. Everyone has a dream. My big one is I want to take up the bicycle again. Can't do it. Balance problems with my ears. But I still dream. :angel:

I just trimmed some branches that I noticed when I was snow blowing the driveway the other week. Now I think I'll re-do those driveway reflectors I never got to yesterday. It's a nice day to be outside.

I wore very high heels most of my adult life. In the 90's I started going to lower heels, and when I started a new job in 2001 we were allowed to dress very casual so I wore my Nikes. I googled bunions and it says they are caused when shoes are too tight and the toe box comes to a point instead of being more rounded. They can also be hereditary. My grandmother had huge bunions back in the 50's. She had the biggest, ugliest feet I ever saw as a little child! LOL She didn't wear high heels, ever. I never developed bunions, but my feet grew over the past couple years. I used to wear an 8 1/2 shoe and now I wear a 9 1/2. I had to give away a lot of shoes because I just can't fit my feet in them. I also had to buy a narrow width all the time and now I can wear a medium. I know that comes with age, your feet just start to spread out. But my feet never hurt, and for that I'm thankful. I wear sandals around the house all the time so I can just slip them off when I sit down. I'm never barefoot. I only wear shoes if I go out somewhere.

My grandmother wore those black old lady shoes that laced up. She always had a big hole cut in the side so her bunion could stick out. At home she was always barefoot. I can't stand to be barefoot, and I can't wear things like flip-flops either. I have to have support for my feet.

Back
Top Bottom