What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to head off to bed soon. Early for me, I know! But I cut myself again (not as bad as a week ago, but I hope this isn't a Thursday trend...:ermm: ) and I decided earlier today that I was too sleepy to drive around to do errands. I need more sleep, I will get more sleep. My Mom used to say you can always get enough sleep when you're dead, but if I don't get sleep soon I could be dead soon! :ermm: :LOL:

Are we going to have to start counting your fingers each night?

Get some sleep and be careful! {{{{{CG}}}}}

Congratulations!! I remember when the two words, state survey(ers), would strike fear in my heart.

Thanks, Beth!

When I knew they were going over the MDS department I was having palpitations and dizzyness. Not fair for me to be nominally "in charge" just days after my boss quit and Survey wanders in. But, we did good, so I'm happy it's over and we can get back to normal.

And I am almost caught up!:)

This morning I moved my magnetic knife strip "around the corner" so I had a little more height in my food prep area without hitting the handles all the time. Something I should have done a few years ago, but it's in lieu of the turkey I'll be cooking probably tomorrow. I will need that room without fear of hitting my knives.
And also in preparation for the bird is the huge cuttting board I ordered. I don't know what was going through my mind. I guess 30" x 20" didn't register in my mind how big that it actually was, but it should work well. I unwrapped that this morning. It was delivered last evening. I still need to rub it down with oil.

This morning I moved my magnetic knife strip "around the corner" so I had a little more height in my food prep area without hitting the handles all the time. Something I should have done a few years ago, but it's in lieu of the turkey I'll be cooking probably tomorrow. I will need that room without fear of hitting my knives.
And also in preparation for the bird is the huge cuttting board I ordered. I don't know what was going through my mind. I guess 30" x 20" didn't register in my mind how big that it actually was, but it should work well. I unwrapped that this morning. It was delivered last evening. I still need to rub it down with oil.

Nothing like an inadvertent game of numblety peg...good call!

That is such a shame! They warn you about leaving your purse in the cart on the news all the time but it's easier to put it in the baby seat. Just for this reason most of my purses are on long shoulder straps. I wear my purse across my body messenger style, but with the purse in front. Someone reach for my purse and I'll break their fingers. :mad: I could also collect DNA with my fingernails. BwaHaHa!

If you haven't bought a Christmas gift for her yet a shoulder purse might be nice?

The few times I put my purse in the child seat I put the seat belt around and through the strap. If they try to grab it, they are taking the cart with them. Many times they have something with them and just cut the strap and run. Mostly I wear a small cross-body bag and I put it on and then put my coat or jacket over it, except in summer. Some stores I go to, I just put my credit card in my pocket and don't even carry a purse. I have passed shopping carts and have seen the woman's purse sitting there, open, with the wallet right there in plain sight. They have their back turned. If you say anything to them they tell you to mind your own business.

I basically have a wallet on a string and wear it crossbody. I never take a purse into a store or restaurant. Come to think of it, I rarely take a purse anywhere, unless what I am wearing doesn't have pockets.

That is such a shame! They warn you about leaving your purse in the cart on the news all the time but it's easier to put it in the baby seat. Just for this reason most of my purses are on long shoulder straps. I wear my purse across my body messenger style, but with the purse in front. Someone reach for my purse and I'll break their fingers. :mad: I could also collect DNA with my fingernails. BwaHaHa!

If you haven't bought a Christmas gift for her yet a shoulder purse might be nice?

My purse stays in my hand until I have enough groceries in the bottom of my cart. Move some around and the purse goes on the bottom covered by the groceries. Does any thief really want to move a couple of half gallons of half and half and a five pound bag of sugar just to get to my purse? It leaves my hands free for the rest of my shopping and takes care of my purse for me. And I never carry cash with me. I use my bank card to pay for cash items. No change back.

I need to carry my purse with me as I have medical info in it. That and my cell phone has my ICE number in it. :angel:

Last edited:
Several times at the grocery when I've seen unguarded purses in the 'baby seat' I've mentioned it to the woman, who rewards me with a 'mind your own business' dirty look. I could probably make a pretty good living if I just took the purse instead. ;)

Pac, one of the handiest things I have in the kitchen is a pair of regular old scissors (cleaned for kitchen use) stuck to the magnetic strip along with the knives. I use them so many times.

Pac, one of the handiest things I have in the kitchen is a pair of regular old scissors (cleaned for kitchen use) stuck to the magnetic strip along with the knives. I use them so many times.

I had an old pair of scissors in the kitchen until DH started using them to cut the dog's hair and told me not to use them for food anymore. Duh! Now I bought a new knife set with a block and it has a nice pair of kitchen shears. NO CUTTING THE DOG'S HAIR WITH THEM!!

He also took my good Singer sewing scissors and used them in the garage, along with my turkey baster. I need to get a safe to lock things up.

I was just thinking that I should remind everyone to watch your purse while shopping. My sons girlfriend had hers stolen the day before Thanksgiving. She had it in her cart at the grocery store and turned her back for a second and it was gone. They saw on the store video that a man was following her around the store, just waiting for his chance. Please be careful.

I've found a safe way to shop with a smallish pocketbook with three zippered compartments and a long strap. The strap goes over my head and across my chest leaving me hands free and my purse at a comfortable level just below my waist for easy access. Now I can turn away from my cart without worries.

I had an old pair of scissors in the kitchen until DH started using them to cut the dog's hair and told me not to use them for food anymore. Duh! Now I bought a new knife set with a block and it has a nice pair of kitchen shears. NO CUTTING THE DOG'S HAIR WITH THEM!!

He also took my good Singer sewing scissors and used them in the garage, along with my turkey baster. I need to get a safe to lock things up.

I have two kitchen scissors on a magnetic strip with my knives. We use it in food related uses and for other stuff like trimming flower stems. We also have a utility knife for opening boxes and heavy duty stuff and Fiskars scissors in the junk drawer for cutting paper.

SO consistently uses the wrong tool. I keep telling her the Fiskars is for paper and string and shouldn't be used to open boxes or for anything where it has to be cleaned afterwards. I encourage the use of the utility knife and the kitchen scissors.

Now when she wants to open a box, she reaches for the screwdriver.

Yep, I've got one pair of kitchen shears on my strip. I use them for everything from cutting out back bones to opening FS bags to cutting lobster shells. Very handy.

I have a pair of stork embroidery scissors that are about 40 years old. They became so thin with wear that one blade broke off when I went to cut some thread. I still have them, and they stay in my embroidery bag. But I don't use them. One of my kids gave them to me as a present. I don't have the heart to toss them. :angel:

I have two kitchen scissors on a magnetic strip with my knives. We use it in food related uses and for other stuff like trimming flower stems. We also have a utility knife for opening boxes and heavy duty stuff and Fiskars scissors in the junk drawer for cutting paper.

SO consistently uses the wrong tool. I keep telling her the Fiskars is for paper and string and shouldn't be used to open boxes or for anything where it has to be cleaned afterwards. I encourage the use of the utility knife and the kitchen scissors.

Now when she wants to open a box, she reaches for the screwdriver.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I didn't see that one coming. It those things that make you love her. :angel:

I might use a screwdriver to stab a hole in the tape on a box, that's it. I have no desire to deal with getting tape goo off of a tool.

I went and visited a buddy for a while, saw the latest projects he was working on, then came home and shot my new rifle. It shoots sweet!

Back
Top Bottom