What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a large sweet potato in the oven baking. I have no idea what I am going to eat with it. I have some Hormel ham patties. I usually give them to Teddy, but I just might cook one for myself. :angel:

Updating SO's TomTom. Later we're off to Boston overnight. SO is attending a Northeast dermatology convention as a patient. She has an issue with her scalp that is unique. We sent photos for a slide presentation and Saturday AM we will be there as doctors who are interested can question and examine her.

Watching the sleet fall and observing how the tree limbs are drooping under the weight of all the ice. The weather service has predicted about an half an inch accumulation before it's all done. Poor trees, especially the ones that still have leaves on them.

Updating SO's TomTom. Later we're off to Boston overnight. SO is attending a Northeast dermatology convention as a patient. She has an issue with her scalp that is unique. We sent photos for a slide presentation and Saturday AM we will be there as doctors who are interested can question and examine her.

I did that once Andy. I had a surgery that went horribly wrong. The surgeon ask me if I would be willing to answer questions from other doctors. Sure.

I was sitting all alone at the bottom of rows and rows of student doctors in the amphitheater. I felt so small and was terrified. But I stuck it out for the hour. Would I do it again? Probably :angel:

I have a tree that got hit hard by an ice storm years ago. The neighbor thought I'd cut it down, but I let that ugly thing recover. It still doesn't look right, lol.

After our ice storm of 2009, there was hardly a tree that didn't sustain some sort of damage. Their normal "up" shapes became "downs" and all broken in between. Even now, in the fall when all the leaves are off, the strange-shaped skeletons of the trees are evident.

The wind has now begun to pick up and we'll see limbs coming down if it continues. Many of what will break during this storm are parts of the trees that were so heavily damaged in 2009. In the spring we'll see plenty of dead trees that couldn't handle a second hit.

I had an old pair of scissors in the kitchen until DH started using them to cut the dog's hair and told me not to use them for food anymore. Duh! Now I bought a new knife set with a block and it has a nice pair of kitchen shears......
I'm the one who used my nice-enough kitchen shears for a creative purpose. I tried them when cutting down my day lilies at the end of the growing season! Worked so well I kept those shears in my gardening tool tote and bought new, nicer ones for the kitchen.

I'm going to go run errands. ~~~ Here I go. ~~~ No stopping me now. ~~~ This it. ~~~ And I'm gone...

Why yes it is, Addie. It is leaning against some electrical wires that run over the top of my neighbor's pool. Should that have made a difference?

:ROFLMAO:

Only if it takes down the wires when it keels over and the wires fall into the pool. It would make for an interesting day. Your own private display of fireworks. :angel:

I love my utility scissors for the kitchen. One day I ran across another pair in a cute little wooden holder with what I thought were a set of steak knives. It was at the Family Dollar store and only $3 so I bought it. It turned out to have 4 different types of knives - boning, small and larger paring and one steak knife.

I have one pair of the utility scissors in a drawer on the left side of my kitchen and one in the wooden holder on the right side - so handy, whichever side of the kitchen you're working on.

I use them for everything from opening mix packets to trimming chicken.

Last edited:
Right now I am so sleepy. But every time I go to lie down, I am wide awake. May I should just sleep in the chair. Something I have never done. :angel:

Watching the sleet fall and observing how the tree limbs are drooping under the weight of all the ice. The weather service has predicted about an half an inch accumulation before it's all done. Poor trees, especially the ones that still have leaves on them.

I am so sorry that you are having an ice storm. A person feels so helpless. When my son lived in Littleton, Co. they lost all of their trees. Their sleet was mixed with a heavy wet snow. What a mess.

Happy birthday to SO of Andy! Have a great dinner!

Just got back from the craft store, they had a great deal on polymer clay so I bought a bunch. Unfortunately, when I looked over the register tape when I got home, they didn't ring up the sale price on 8 of them. I called the store, and after a bit of back and forth, they will make it good.

Last edited:
Happy birthday to SO of Andy! Have a great dinner!

Just got back from the craft store, they had a great deal on polymer clay so I bought a bunch. Unfortunately, when I looked over the register tape when I got home, they didn't ring up the sale price on 8 of them. I called the store, and after a bit of back and forth, they will make it good.
I have a friend who works with polymer clay. What do you do with it?

I have a friend who works with polymer clay. What do you do with it?

Jewelry, faces, Santas, dolls and stuff. I haven't done it for awhile, and needed to replenish my clay supply. A girlfriend who also works with it told me of the sale.

What does your friend do with it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom